• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

[SPOILERS] The story of Sun&Moon

Reaction score
So before the forums went down, a leaker on 4chan named Lurantis got their hands on the game and leaked the whole story. Now that the games have been datamined, the whole story text of the game can be found too.

For the people who've seen the story, please discuss it only here. If you need to mention something about it in any other thread, please put it in Spoiler Tags.

The complete story text

A summary of the story:

Last edited:
Freaking Gamefreak confirming ORAS looker is actually DPt/BW looker is the best. Explains why he was missing in B2W2, dude was travelling in Ultraspace to ORAS Hoenn. Can't wait to see what theu do with the Fallers

Here's my question: from which universe is Anabel?

The information we have on Anabel is the following:

She had lost most of her memories, but four things she could tell us. That her name was Anabel... That she came from the Hoenn region... That she had protected some tower there... And that she was a powerful Trainer..

Nanu and I, we found her here ten years ago, unconscious on the shore of this very island. We’d just finished our mission here

Then she was placed under observation by the International Police. All because they detected an insane amount of Ultra Wormhole energy from her.

Fun fact: when you battle Anabel in S/M, the theme that plays is the original Frontier Brain theme rather than the remix from OR/AS. This makes me think we're battling the original Anabel from the original Hoenn.

Anabel is confirmed to be from another world: That is what the International Police calls them. Humans who appear from an Ultra Wormhole... and those who are bathed in a great deal of the energy that pours out from them. She had come through a wormhole. She was from another world. And she was put on our team to help draw the UB to us...

But no reference is ever made to Looker's episode in ORAS, so nothing is "confirmed" about that. My guess is that old Anabel was transported to Alola, while old Looker was transported to Hoenn. The Looker in Sun and Moon is the new incarnation from XY, which is why he is not a Faller himself (as evidenced by his needing Anabel and the player).

So there should be two versions of both Anabel and Looker in the same world now. I wonder if old Looker has become a Frontier Brain, mirroring Anabel's transformation into a police chief.

Finally, if we assume that Anabel was only displaced in space rather than time, then Sun and Moon take place at least 10 years after Emerald (Anabel was found in Alola 10 years ago).

So there should be two versions of both Anabel and Looker in the same world now. I wonder if old Looker has become a Frontier Brain, mirroring Anabel's transformation into a police chief.
What are the implications of this though?

So far we have had two people transported from the old universe to the new universe. How did they end up in this situation in the first place? Are the games implying that the old world has been swarmed by the Ultra Beasts or Ultra Wormholes? How many more Fallers are there?

More importantly, did the Fallers end up falling through the Wormhole by some accident or were they intentionally sent there, either by the Ultra Beasts themselves or some third party?

Wait, why wouldn't XY Looker be the ORAS' Faller Looker as it should be? The fallers seem like an excuse the have returning characters follow a certain timeline without Belonging to that universe, ORAS looker felt like we see lookers' beginnings, while them obviously being a reboot for the charcter, and XY was obviously created in a way that felt like this was a Looker after BW, just a good 10 years later not 2 as confirmed because he jumps universes.

Another cool thing is that Totem battles can happen under any other guise in any region because its just a name for Pokemon exposed to Ultra Energy.

Wait, why wouldn't XY Looker be the ORAS' Faller Looker as it should be?
Because the Sun/Moon Looker is clearly not a Faller. He only talks about Anabel and some other woman from his past attracting the UBs.

And just because the old Looker ended up in the new universe doesn't mean that he lacks a counterpart. He was born in both universes the old fashioned way...

Tsu said:
More importantly, did the Fallers end up falling through the Wormhole by some accident or were they intentionally sent there, either by the Ultra Beasts themselves or some third party?
There are no hints either way. I've seen people jump on the theory that the old world has been destroyed, which I find silly considering that the Ultra Beasts are only violent around Fallers (people that have crossed a wormhole).

Right, but if SM looker ain't a faller, and XY Looker is potentially Mega-Looker and not Faller-Looker, were the hell has been since ORAS?

Right, but if SM looker ain't a faller, and XY Looker is potentially Mega-Looker and not Faller-Looker, were the hell has been since ORAS?
In Hoenn serving as a Frontier Brain or something along those lines. He has no memory of being a detective, after all.

In other news: Lusamine's husband (Lillie and Gladion's dad) is called Professor Mohn, and is said to have disappeared while investigating the Ultra Beasts. It's pretty obvious that he is none other than the Mohn that watches over Poke Pelago. It seems that he lost his memories, too.

Last edited:
I was very disappointed when I found out that the guy from Poke Pelago was Lusamine's husband. I don't know, I imagined the games would follow up on his disappearance and feature him in another game, but to find out he's doing well in Alola...that was just weird to me. Not to mention how it takes away the impact from Lusamine's mental degeneration since his disappearance is what started her obsession with Ultra Beasts in the first place.

There's just too great of contrast between insane Lusamine fusing with Nihilego and going nuts and Lusamine's husband chilling on an island as if nothing happened...it simply feels wrong.

I was very disappointed when I found out that the guy from Poke Pelago was Lusamine's husband. I don't know, I imagined the games would follow up on his disappearance and feature him in another game, but to find out he's doing well in Alola...that was just weird to me. Not to mention how it takes away the impact from Lusamine's mental degeneration since his disappearance is what started her obsession with Ultra Beasts in the first place.

There's just too great of contrast between insane Lusamine fusing with Nihilego and going nuts and Lusamine's husband chilling on an island as if nothing happened...it simply feels wrong.
The two extreme ends of Lusamine and Mohn are actually pretty brilliant, and it shows that the whole concept of Fallers can be quite disastrous as both sides can display either spectrum of the emotional rainbow. Quite like how Anabel might not exactly be happy after falling through to the other side.

Does anyone else think that because Lusamine and Lillie travel to Kanto, the Ultra Beast disturbances and Ultra Wormholes will start showing up worldwide? I mean it sounds like a major thing that should be showing up elsewhere, more then Mega Evolution, but I can only assume the isolated nature of Alola allows it to be isolated, for now.

I can relate, but as Mitchman said, it does demonstrate how disastrous yanking someone's memories can be. It's also possible that the Poke Pelago Mohn is from another universe, where perhaps he never met Lusamine.

Mitchman said:
Does anyone else think that because Lusamine and Lillie travel to Kanto, the Ultra Beast disturbances and Ultra Wormholes will start showing up worldwide? I mean it sounds like a major thing that should be showing up elsewhere, more then Mega Evolution, but I can only assume the isolated nature of Alola allows it to be isolated, for now.
Necrozma following Lillie and Lusamine to Kanto wouldn't be at all surprising.

Could someone post the link of the game story leaked by lurantis?
The storytext is in the first post. You can read it if you want to know more and it's first hand info.

I just hope that they don't rely on "Faller" too much to retcon old characters into the Mega universe.

Could someone post the link of the game story leaked by lurantis?
Its in the first post of the datamine leak thread, but its a summary, in bits and pieces.
Short Story:
Totem Battles and Trials exist because the Ultra Universe have Ultra Wormholes whose energy leaks out into the Pokemon World, Aether Foundation has Team Skull as a front for their shady business, and Aether Foundation exists to study the wormholes. Lusamine mostly has gone crazy because her husband has disappeared.
Long Story:
All that above, but to expand:
-Ultra Beasts are basically Pokemon from another Universe.
-Professor Mohn is Lusamine's husband.
-Lusamine is basically an egotistcal drug abuser addicted to the corruptive symbiote relationship with Nihilego(UB-01). She mourns her husbands disappearance/supposed death by fixating on the ultra beasts powers, and abuses lillie by being extremely possesive, to the point wear she has her dress as nihilego. All she really wants is love, but is driven to the point of not giving a shit, and attempts to destroy the world by unleashing the ultra beasts upon it. Eventually she merges with her Nihilego, and the last battle is fought against them. Not with em, but her team, obviously.
-Lillie is on a journey to save Cosmog and find her father, hoping to save her mother. By the end of the game, she grows a spine, and you help her evolve the legendary to enter the Ultra Universe.
-Oh yeah, the Legendary line is actually an Ultra Beast that can open its own wormhole, no idea on how that works, probably been in this world long enough.
-Gladion is your real rival, and is basically tired of everyones shit. Guzma also grows a spine by the end of the game.

Basically, shits wack, in an extremely good way. No in game twists that are disconnected from the stsrting story threads, its a cohesive whole story that starts and ends together, and there are no real loose ends that will end in another Z Debacle, except for Necrozma. Who unlike previous 3rd legendaries, is already being advertised and alluded to having ties with the Cosmog Line. And yeah, it goes places, and I love it. The abusive relationship between Lusamine/Lillie/Gladion, the Team Skull bait and switch being in-game plot, the little nods to everything in thr series, and the massive world building lore brought in with the Fallers is extremely satisfying. Its an 10/10 plot, and I have no regrets spoiling it because making the joirney yourself is whst makes Pokemon magical, and I have no idea what each trial entails of. Its the one series I can know everything of or have a plot summary of, and still want to play.
I can relate, but as Mitchman said, it does demonstrate how disastrous yanking someone's memories can be. It's also possible that the Poke Pelago Mohn is from another universe, where perhaps he never met Lusamine.

Necrozma following Lillie and Lusamine to Kanto wouldn't be at all surprising.
Like I said, they already arr gearing up Necrozma, likely for next year. Kanto sequels can easily fit it in with the ultra beasts being able to show up virtually anywhere.

Last edited:

Yeah, he mainly chides the player for going to the Ultra Dimension as a warning about the Nihilego.

I personally feel bad for Lusamine. Yeah, she's very rotten, but Monh disappearing caused her to go bonkers, and at least there's a touching scene after you & Nebby defeat her Mother Beast form where she tells Lillie, in her own weird way, that she loves her once again, which puts a smile on her daughter's face.

If we are gonna do this weird dimensional stuff, which I'm not a fan of at all because you can invalidate things just by saying "it was an alternate timeline", those two have to appear. Lillie would be an enforcer & Lusamine would be one with knowledge about the Beasts but due to the damaging effects of the neurotoxins of Nihilego, would be in a wheelchair & have some memory loss problems.

And if this is THE Monh that was married to Lusamine... Man, what a middle finger.

Anyway, story is interesting but I'm actually not going to buy my copy of Moon when it comes out, primarily due to the supposed lack of content & a post game. I'll probably get it sometime next year.

So before the forums went down, a leaker on 4chan named Lurantis got their hands on the game and leaked the whole story. Now that the games have been datamined, the whole story text of the game can be found too.

For the people who've seen the story, please discuss it only here. If you need to mention something about it in any other thread, please put it in Spoiler Tags.
Oh so I don't need to worry about seeing this kinda stuff in the leak and datamine threads? Thank god! Now to never come back here ever again.

I personally feel bad for Lusamine. Yeah, she's very rotten, but Monh disappearing caused her to go bonkers, and at least there's a touching scene after you & Nebby defeat her Mother Beast form where she tells Lillie, in her own weird way, that she loves her once again, which puts a smile on her daughter's face.
Actually, she asks her when she became beautiful again, but I guess that in her mind finding someone beautiful is equivalent to loving them.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom