• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

[SPOILERS] The story of Sun&Moon

I don't recall the specifics, but according to Bulbapedia the partner was a Pokemon: "In Pokémon X and Y, it is said that his Pokémon was killed, but it is not specified whether the Pokémon in question is Croagunk or a different one. In the picture on his table, it says that Looker is in the picture with a bluish and purplish color, which may be referring to a Croagunk."
Damn, Looker of all universes are just really unlucky.

I mean, I guess. I just find it odd that there HAS to be two Lookers in the same universe at once. Like, don't you think SM-Looker would've caught wind of and heard of ORAS-Looker by now? Isn't there like, an identity issue going on here? Maybe I'm thinking about this too realistically but if a second one of me popped into our real world that would probably raise a lot of flags by the government or something like that. Plus I'm not a member of the international police so you'd think that would be even more disturbing, then again, the Pokemon world doesn't work quite like our's, I still feel like, if they're NOT the same Looker, they've got to find out about each other sooner or later, especially since SM-Looker has an interest in Fallers, you'd think an alternate universe version of himself would interest him even more.

It is entirely possible that the discovery of a guy who looked exactly like one of their existing agents is what first alerted the IP to the Faller phenomenon. The timeline seems to match up well enough.

There's a fun theory, as proposed by Silktree on the first page of this thread, that perhaps Faller Looker became a Frontier Brain, since he happened to be on the Battle Resort around the time of the Frontier's creation. This would mirror how Faller Anabel became an IP agent like Looker.

And as The Outrage noted, it's actually pretty convenient for the International Police to have a "public" Looker that they can point to if their own Looker needs to work undercover.

Also, how do you explain that he gives the player an Audinite? If he is RSE/DPPl/BW's Looker, he wouldn't have a Mega Stone as they didn't exist.

Either he's from a different universe that still has Mega Evolution, or the simpler explanation - a stone that happened to be in his pocket soaked up the newly-flowing natural energy in Hoenn upon his emergence in that universe, and became a Mega Stone, as was happening with stones all over Hoenn at that time.

I mean, I guess. I just find it odd that there HAS to be two Lookers in the same universe at once. Like, don't you think SM-Looker would've caught wind of and heard of ORAS-Looker by now? Isn't there like, an identity issue going on here? Maybe I'm thinking about this too realistically but if a second one of me popped into our real world that would probably raise a lot of flags by the government or something like that. Plus I'm not a member of the international police so you'd think that would be even more disturbing, then again, the Pokemon world doesn't work quite like our's, I still feel like, if they're NOT the same Looker, they've got to find out about each other sooner or later, especially since SM-Looker has an interest in Fallers, you'd think an alternate universe version of himself would interest him even more.
I don't know why its weird that there's two Lookers. Presumably there's two Anabels. Either Looker knows or because the original Looker doesn't know who he is, it really wouldn't cause an "identity issue"

Also really good cover if you're an undercover cop to literally have someone who is exactly like you walking around as an alibi.

Also, how do you explain that he gives the player an Audinite? If he is DPPl/BW's Looker, he wouldn't have a Mega Stone as they didn't exist.
Other than Game Freak not planning that far ahead? Looker arrived at the same time as new Mega Stones were popping up because of the Primal Reversion event releasing energy from the Cave of Origin. Sycamore suggests that Mega Stones could have come from energized evolutionary stones. Looker also passed through an Ultra wormhole...so Ultra wormhole energy + Natural Energy + Evolutionary stone...not that big of a stretch (even if its an after-the-fact explanation). It's not that weird for trainers to be carrying evolutionary stones.

It is entirely possible that the discovery of a guy who looked exactly like one of their existing agents is what first alerted the IP to the Faller phenomenon. The timeline seems to match up well enough.

There's a fun theory, as proposed by Silktree on the first page of this thread, that perhaps Faller Looker became a Frontier Brain, since he happened to be on the Battle Resort around the time of the Frontier's creation. This would mirror how Faller Anabel became an IP agent like Looker.

And as The Outrage noted, it's actually pretty convenient for the International Police to have a "public" Looker that they can point to if their own Looker needs to work undercover.

Either he's from a different universe that still has Mega Evolution, or the simpler explanation - a stone that happened to be in his pocket soaked up the newly-flowing natural energy in Hoenn upon his emergence in that universe, and became a Mega Stone, as was happening with stones all over Hoenn at that time.

Thank you I much prefer the second explanation, please no more multiverses lol. 2 (3?) is enough. (Not sure if the Gen I-II multiverse is relevant or even canon at this point.

so Ultra wormhole energy + Natural Energy + Evolutionary stone...not that big of a stretch (even if its an after-the-fact explanation).

Shoot, I didn't even think to factor that in. Yeah that probably could have supercharged it pretty well.

(Not sure if the Gen I-II multiverse is relevant or even canon at this point.

It's not relevant, unless you want to assume that it was destroyed by Gen I Ultra Beasts Missingno. and pals.

It's not relevant, unless you want to assume that it was destroyed by Gen I Ultra Beasts Missingno. and pals.
That's my theory tbh.

Since I was comparing the universes to Dragon Ball, they apparently had 18 universes until 6 of them were destroyed so yeah

I guess Gen I Pokemon arrived through the Ultrawormhole

Awhile back I was in a big discussion after ORAS came out about the initial multiverse theory that came about thanks to Zinnia, I was hoping that would get delved into more in future games, but I had no idea it was going to get this far, I'm super hyped for SM now! Zinnia's mission was obviously to protect RSE Hoenn, seems like tying in the non-Megaverse/Advancedverse is going to become a recurring theme, and it's an interesting way to go about reintroducing characters like Looker and Anabel.

That's my theory tbh.

Since I was comparing the universes to Dragon Ball, they apparently had 18 universes until 6 of them were destroyed so yeah

I guess Gen I Pokemon arrived through the Ultrawormhole

Though I want to be clear - I think the theory that got really popular on GameFAQs, that the Ultra Beasts destroyed the GBA/DSverse, is pure baloney. :p

The Gen I and II games getting wiped out makes sense seeing as they've got the whole dead battery thing going on.

Although, now with the VCs... maybe they weren't wiped out completely and regenerated from what was left...

Esserise said:
Although, now with the VCs... maybe they weren't wiped out completely and regenerated from what was left...
Still very much alive, thank you.

I want the next Faller to be from that universe. Kris, anyone?

It would be interesting to see a Faller that wanted to go back home and perhaps went a little bit too far to make that happen... I'd find that more relatable than Lusamine obsessing over Nihilego just because she lost her husband.

Last edited:
Here' something weird.

The official site already revealed the artwork for Necrozma, the Pokemon said to be related to Solgaleo and Lunala. Necrozma has no actual storyline in the games, so why is the official site revealing it? Just to acknowledge its existence?

EDIT:

判明しているのは、その姿のみ。すべては、謎に包まれている。|『ポケットモンスター サン・ムーン』公式サイト

The official site is teasing its secret?

What the heck? Necrozma has no actual storyline in the games, so what is going on?

Last edited:
The next movie, I guess. Obviously it could tie into the next games, but we won't know about them for at least 6 months.

The Gen I and II games getting wiped out makes sense seeing as they've got the whole dead battery thing going on.

I used to think as well that the original RBY/GSC games weren't canonical due to their incompatibilities with the newer games. But with the VC's, I'm re-theorizing that there is actually a third universe, a much simpler one than the second universe (Gen III-V) where its more primitive nature (i.e. Dark/Steel and Pichu being new discoveries in GSC) prevented the events of Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova from occurring. Like how the Gen III-V universe, while being advanced enough to allow the events of Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova to occur as did Kanto and Johto, was still not advanced enough for the events of Kalos and Alola to occur.

Also, not important but I thought only the GSC cartridge batteries died out..? The RBY ones, due to the absence of time-dependent events (which obviously saved a lot of battery life), would be safe for a couple more years..? Well, idk if it died out by now but I wouldn't be surprised.

Basically, there are two universes. In one universe, AZ never built the ultimate weapon and Mega Evolution was never discovered. This is the world of FRLG, Emerald, HGSS, Platinum, BW, and B2W2.
Sorry, not too relevant to the general discussion here, but something that kinda bothers me is the assumption that original paired games (Ruby/Sapphire and Diamond/Pearl) are not canonical due to future games primarily referencing their improved third version counterparts. It's already now commonly accepted that there are separate dimensions (I would rather use that word here over universes to keep the meaning of the two separate) so why can't Ruby/Sapphire coexist with Emerald? (Ditto for Diamond/Pearl and Platinum.) Idk if this means anything for everyone else as it did for me but I feel that Ruby/Sapphire and Diamond/Pearl's compatibilities with the others provide evidence that they are canonical.

And as for how the original paired games lack content referenced in future games (like Mirage Tower and the Distortion World), it could be explained through means that doesn't separate Ruby/Sapphire and Diamond/Pearl like:

-Just because the Mirage Tower wasn't present in Ruby/Sapphire during gameplay doesn't mean it never existed in that universe. Okay, although this doesn't apply to the Hoenn games, maybe one explanation is that like how Platinum took place a little later in the year than Diamond/Pearl, maybe Emerald happened a little sooner than Ruby/Sapphire did in their respective dimensions due to the pressure between Magma and Aqua causing both teams to act upon their plans sooner? But during the delay in the Ruby/Sapphire dimensions, the Mirage Tower disappeared over time and so the player showed up too late to witness it? (The opposite could be true as well, Ruby/Sapphire happening sooner instead and the Mirage Tower was created during the delay in Emerald.)
-Likewise, the Distortion World probably exists in the Diamond/Pearl universe (this seems more obvious than the Mirage Tower.) Maybe the NPC ended up exploring the Distortion World, just outside of the gameplay.
-Or, okay, maybe the dimensions of the original paired versions don't end up leading to the events of the next generation for whatever reason (similar to how the RBY/GSC universe don't include beyond Gen II and the non-mega universe stops after B2W2). But that doesn't mean they are not canonical; just that being a simpler dimension leaves out a chain of events present in the more complicated third version that would lead to events in future generations.

Last edited:
I used to think as well that the original RBY/GSC games weren't canonical due to their incompatibilities with the newer games. But with the VC's, I'm re-theorizing that there is actually a third universe, a much simpler one than the second universe (Gen III-V) where its more primitive nature (i.e. Dark/Steel and Pichu being new discoveries in GSC) prevented the events of Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova from occurring. Like how the Gen III-V universe, while being advanced enough to allow the events of Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova to occur as did Kanto and Johto, was still not advanced enough for the events of Kalos and Alola to occur.

I mean, that's what I'm saying too, I'm just also not-so-seriously suggesting that that universe was destroyed by Missingno..

The Looker is the same Looker as the previous games. Same for Anabel and others. Unless there is enough sufficient evidence of multiverse, I am not believing it exists in the pokemon games.

I'm guessing that Necrozma will end up getting its own movie with Solgaleo and Lunala. The second one will probably be about Marshadow.
Necrozma isn't a mythical, though. Necrozma and Marshadow could both star in the movie, with Solgaleo and Lunala having minor roles to save their main role for the show.

Here' something weird.

The official site already revealed the artwork for Necrozma, the Pokemon said to be related to Solgaleo and Lunala. Necrozma has no actual storyline in the games, so why is the official site revealing it? Just to acknowledge its existence?

EDIT:

判明しているのは、その姿のみ。すべては、謎に包まれている。|『ポケットモンスター サン・ムーン』公式サイト

The official site is teasing its secret?

What the heck? Necrozma has no actual storyline in the games, so what is going on?

Zygarde was pretty useless up until the XYZ anime. Now he's pretty badass. I'm sure they having something planned.

Sorry, not too relevant to the general discussion here, but something that kinda bothers me is the assumption that original paired games (Ruby/Sapphire and Diamond/Pearl) are not canonical due to future games primarily referencing their improved third version counterparts. It's already now commonly accepted that there are separate dimensions (I would rather use that word here over universes to keep the meaning of the two separate) so why can't Ruby/Sapphire coexist with Emerald? (Ditto for Diamond/Pearl and Platinum.) Idk if this means anything for everyone else as it did for me but I feel that Ruby/Sapphire and Diamond/Pearl's compatibilities with the others provide evidence that they are canonical.

And as for how the original paired games lack content referenced in future games (like Mirage Tower and the Distortion World), it could be explained through means that doesn't separate Ruby/Sapphire and Diamond/Pearl like:

-Just because the Mirage Tower wasn't present in Ruby/Sapphire during gameplay doesn't mean it never existed in that universe. Okay, although this doesn't apply to the Hoenn games, maybe one explanation is that like how Platinum took place a little later in the year than Diamond/Pearl, maybe Emerald happened a little sooner than Ruby/Sapphire did in their respective dimensions due to the pressure between Magma and Aqua causing both teams to act upon their plans sooner? But during the delay in the Ruby/Sapphire dimensions, the Mirage Tower disappeared over time and so the player showed up too late to witness it? (The opposite could be true as well, Ruby/Sapphire happening sooner instead and the Mirage Tower was created during the delay in Emerald.)
-Likewise, the Distortion World probably exists in the Diamond/Pearl universe (this seems more obvious than the Mirage Tower.) Maybe the NPC ended up exploring the Distortion World, just outside of the gameplay.
-Or, okay, maybe the dimensions of the original paired versions don't end up leading to the events of the next generation for whatever reason (similar to how the RBY/GSC universe don't include beyond Gen II and the non-mega universe stops after B2W2). But that doesn't mean they are not canonical; just that being a simpler dimension leaves out a chain of events present in the more complicated third version that would lead to events in future generations.

I mean, it's off-topic and not altogether very important so really, you can think whatever you want buuuuuuuuut since you asked -

Diamond/Pearl can be disregarded because in BW, Cynthia specifically mentions witnessing Lucas/Dawn face Giratina. This occurred only in Platinum.

Ruby/Sapphire have a bit more leeway, due to the version-exclusive Hoennese Legendary Pokémon in HGSS and Steven's self-description in those games as "the Champion from the Hoenn region" (but note, that it isn't said in a way that means he has to be the active Champion right at that moment - it could just be that he's using his most notable (former) position as a point of reference for a stranger). However, in B2W2, one can find a former Team Magma grunt and a former Team Aqua grunt in Icirrus City, and they both refer to their respective teams' villainous plans. But Team Magma and Aqua were only both villainous in Emerald - in Ruby/Sapphire, the opposite version's evil team was actually wholly benevolent and had no intention of altering the environment. And when you put that on top of the Mirage Tower reference and the use of Wallace as a Champion and Juan as a Gym Leader in the PWT, it all just starts to look rather Emerald-ey.

Also, not important but I thought only the GSC cartridge batteries died out..? The RBY ones, due to the absence of time-dependent events (which obviously saved a lot of battery life), would be safe for a couple more years..? Well, idk if it died out by now but I wouldn't be surprised.

The term "universe" is being used because of the "multiverse" theory so I don't know why you have a problem with it. The Pokemon multiverse split into:

Gen III - Gen V

Gen VI - Gen VII

And yes, you could consider Gen I-II to be it's own universe, but in my opinion it's irrelevant since it appears that unlike the Gen I-II universe, the Gen III-V and Gen VI-VII universe have many similarities and evidently have people from them passing through to the other one.

Within those you could call each independent version a timeline variation, the same can be said for RSE, DPPl, BW, etc. Although the most "relevant" of these timelines will always be those that include a third version. It's hardly a problem anymore since we haven't had a third version since Platinum, so you could say there's just two timelines now, I like to think of them as "Red" timelines and "Blue" timelines, so AS -> X -> Moon could be considered as one, OR -> Y -> Sun could be considered another, using the red-colored games together and the blue-colored games together. Of course, there's nothing to say these can't be mix-matched into their own timeline as well, it's just the simplest way of looking at it, in my opinion.

The Looker is the same Looker as the previous games. Same for Anabel and others. Unless there is enough sufficient evidence of multiverse, I am not believing it exists in the pokemon games.

Dude it's been confirmed since ORAS. First of all, although there's nothing to be said for Looker, Anabel is confirmed and without a doubt the one from Emerald.

Zinnia is the one who initially confirmed the Pokemon multiverse theory when she said that her clan has long observed a Hoenn very similar to the one you're on in ORAS, and also mentions they're not as technologically advanced to get rid of the asteroid compared to the Mossdeep scientists in ORAS, this is 100% a reference to RSE Hoenn and confirmation of a multiverse because she doesn't just say "I think there's another Hoenn like our's", she outright says "we have observed another Hoenn like our's". That's confirmation from back in 2014. SM are only building on the idea, which is exactly what I hoped would happen.

Oh, fun fact, but technically every Pokemon to ever hit a Gen VI-VII game from a Gen III-V game could be considered a Faller Pokemon, of course this isn't canon so probably doesn't matter, but it's a fun thing to think about. This is also the case for VC Pokemon brought to SM soon.

Last edited:
Dude it's been confirmed since ORAS. First of all, although there's nothing to be said for Looker, Anabel is confirmed and without a doubt the one from Emerald.

Zinnia is the one who initially confirmed the Pokemon multiverse theory when she said that her clan has long observed a Hoenn very similar to the one you're on in ORAS, and also mentions they're not as technologically advanced to get rid of the asteroid compared to the Mossdeep scientists in ORAS, this is 100% a reference to RSE Hoenn and confirmation of a multiverse because she doesn't just say "I think there's another Hoenn like our's", she outright says "we have observed another Hoenn like our's". That's confirmation from back in 2014. SM are only building on the idea, which is exactly what I hoped would happen.

Oh, fun fact, but technically every Pokemon to ever hit a Gen VI-VII game from a Gen III-V game could be considered a Faller Pokemon, of course this isn't canon so probably doesn't matter, but it's a fun thing to think about. This is also the case for VC Pokemon brought to SM soon.
Actually no it hasn't. It was only speculated in ORAS. Zinnia is someone who almost destroy Hoenn and the world with her schemes so taking her word is something I am not prepare to do. She could be lying or just making theories. Zinnia has no proof.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom