• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

[SPOILERS] The story of Sun&Moon

Does anyone feel like that Lillie is the one who should have ended up with Nebby (the mascot legendary)?

I know Lillie is not a trainer yet, but it feels so weird that after the close bond Lillie developed with Nebby and the game emphasizing their close bond, the story basically ended with 'Hey MC, Nebby wants you to catch it!'.

I mean, just look at the final image of the ending credits for Moon!!

http://i.********/vp/1478963530181.jpg

Does anyone feel like that Lillie is the one who should have ended up with Nebby (the mascot legendary)?

I know Lillie is not a trainer yet, but it feels so weird that after the close bond Lillie developed with Nebby and the game emphasizing their close bond, the story basically ended with 'Hey MC, Nebby wants you to catch it!'.
Such is the curse of characters that have to play second fiddle to the player. N releasing his dragon in B2W2 wasn't any better.

The player getting a second Cosmog is even more baffling. Does anyone know if it evolves into the opposite mascot? Somehow I doubt it.

Actually, she asks her when she became beautiful again, but I guess that in her mind finding someone beautiful is equivalent to loving them.
That was what I meant when I said "in her weird way".

Last edited:
Re: Looker in ORAS - Is it significant that he was carrying an Audinite? If he comes from the non-Mega timeline, then he shouldn't have any Mega Stones. Unless he had a rock in his pocket that managed to charge up with the newly-flowing natural energy, but that seems like a stretch. For one thing, I'd expect the process to take longer than that, at least based on the player's own Meteorite gradually becoming a Mega Stone.

At this point, I think there's room to infer that there are many different universes out there. Zinnia mentions the non-Mega one (which, when you get down to the technical details, can't really be the world of RSE, but it is clearly intended to be that in broad strokes), but Archie/Maxie speculate about a parallel universe where they're the bad guy instead. And of course, in the post-game of SM, we can travel into the opposite version's universe.

So maybe Fallers are getting sucked in from a variety of universes, rather than just one.

Though there is another possibility, but I'll put it under spoiler wraps since it's mostly just me shilling my "ORAS has moved in the timeline" theory:

Let's say Faller Looker is from the GBA/DSverse. In that timeline, the events of Emerald take place in parallel with FRLG, ten years before the events of BW. Anabel spends some time managing the Battle Frontier, until such time as "ten years before SM" occurs, where she gets caught in a wormhole and pulled into the 3DSverse. This is when Looker and Nanu find her, after losing their other teammate.

But let's say in the 3DSverse, that ORAS are contemporaneous with XY. This puts them in sync with the events of B2W2... the story that occurs after Looker's last chronological appearance in the GBA/DSverse. This allows GBA/DS Looker to fall into the 3DSverse without upending the GBA/DSverse's timeline (because he isn't getting pulled out of it years before Platinum and BW take place), and, it just so happens that the last place he visited was Unova, which is the native region offfffff... Audino, whose Mega Stone he has in his pocket.

Come to the dark side. It fixes so much.

The player getting a second Cosmog is even more baffling. Does anyone know if it evolves into the opposite mascot? Somehow I doubt it.

From what I've read, no, it doesn't. Just a second copy of your game's mascot. Presumably for trade bait.

Last edited:
I suppose that only Anabel might originate from a non-Mega universe. But things become less interesting the more universes are involved, I'd say.

Esserise said:
From what I've read, no, it doesn't. Just a second copy of your game's mascot. Presumably for trade bait.
So each universe initially has two Cosmog with separate evolution paths, but the two player characters interfere with that order and cause repetition in each universe. Okay.

I suppose that only Anabel might originate from a non-Mega universe. But things become less interesting the more universes are involved, I'd say.

I concur. Hence, I'm doubling down on the belief that ORAS have moved to be in sync with XY. Yes yes it contradicts a few things, but they're all vague things, like the Memory Girl, the pillar fanatic girl, and possibly Tierno being young in ORAS. And I guess the Royal Unova model but big deal, alternative timeline, it can be built whenever, just like the Battle Frontier if we assume that ORAS have moved.

Meanwhile, it makes more sense of Faller Looker as I explained in my previous post, and it also allows Wally to be a canonical participant in the Battle Tree. See, I was going to disregard it as non-canonical when I thought there'd be tons of characters returning to the Tree, and the Gen III and VI ones would obviously all be using their old models. But that isn't the case. Wally is the only one that got recycled. Cynthia's, while unchanged, still had to be built from scratch, but Wally's was just pulled from ORAS. While it would have been so easy to redesign him to look older. And since we don't know how long after XY/[ORAS] the events of SM are set, it could be like, a year, for all we know, explaining why Wally still looks 10. And it makes more sense of that one girl's reference to the Flare grunt.

Bonus: There's a way to interweave the events of ORAS and XY so that even Sycamore's "Megas only in Kalos!" thing makes more sense.

We know that Calem/Serena encounter Mr. Bonding early on in their adventure. We also know that Tierno meets Steven at Shalour City. Then, when Calem/Serena go to Coumarine, Sycamore says that Megas are only found in Kalos. But what if we do this:

> Brendan/May go through the Delta Episode. Steven prepares to leave Hoenn. After doing the Delta Episode, Brendan/May do the Mr. Bonding event at Mauville City. Mr. Bonding leaves for Kalos. And while all this is happening, Prof. Cozmo is collecting data on meteorites and the newly-formed Mega Stones.
> While Brendan/May are in the Delta Episode, Calem/Serena are starting their journey. So that by the time they reach Lumiose, Steven and Mr. Bonding's planes have landed in Kalos. Calem/Serena meet Mr. Bonding, then advance on to Shalour, where Tierno meets Steven. After that, obviously, Calem/Serena progress to Coumarine.
> During that time, Brendan/May go to see Prof. Cozmo, who gives them a Galladite and says that he's going to send his new information to Sycamore.
> And by the time that Sycamore checks his e-mail, he's already visited Coumarine and told Calem/Serena that Megas are only in Kalos. Whoops.

And in general, Sycamore's limited perception of Mega Evolution is much less egregious if the Primal Crisis has only happened like, a few weeks ago, rather than ten years ago.

Is this me doing 90% of the work that Game Freak didn't do? Yes, but I can't argue with the results.

Depending on which version you have. In Sun it evolves always into Solgaleo, while in Moon it's always evolving into Lunala. Evolves per level up in the early 50 (believing it was 53).

@Esserise Your theory doesn't explain the Audionite. He couldn't have found it in DS Unova, after all.

And you're forgetting the origins of Mr. Bonding. There is no doubt that ORAS precede XY in the timeline.

Yeah, while I personally like the Multiverse as a concept in fiction, the problem I have with it in execution is the fact that things get muddy in a hurry. And, on top of that, if you add to it various nuances (one universe has Mega Evolution, another doesn't, and another is ravaged by the Ultra Beasts)

So each universe initially has two Cosmog with separate evolution paths, but the two player characters interfere with that order and cause repetition in each universe. Okay.[/QUOTE]

And, on top of that, both Cosmog would essentially evolve into the same Legendary, depending on which universe we are in.

Speaking of the Ultra Beasts, does anybody get the feeling that they go after humans out of defense rather than malice? I must think that humans were the ones that discovered the Ultra Beasts first, and not the other way around, and this caused the Ultra Beasts to be trapped through various timelines... and harbor resentment towards humans in general.

Of course, my main flaw in this theory is the Nihilego, which want to merge with things and amplify the target's emotions and actions rather then their own.

I dunno... I'm really slow-witted with these kinds of things, and as such, I prefer simple storytelling. I actually told some other people that if Pokémon gets too weird to comprehend, that there's at least Yo-Kai Watch & Dragon Quest Monsters, which both incorporate basic plotlines that are easier to understand.

I think we all called it, but I'm not surprised at all that the Aether Foundation was evil all along. They seemed way too good to not have something going on. From what I know, Lusamine was trying to bring her father back or husband, then she just fell in love with the Ultra Beasts and wanted to unleash them out of her love for them?

I think we all called it, but I'm not surprised at all that the Aether Foundation was evil all along. They seemed way too good to not have something going on. From what I know, Lusamine was trying to bring her father back or husband, then she just fell in love with the Ultra Beasts and wanted to unleash them out of her love for them?
From what I read, the entirety of Aether Foundation isn't evil. There are good grunts and bad grunts. For example, I don't think you battle Wicke in the game at all, but you battle Faba.

Lusamine got obsessed with the Ultra World and Ultra Beasts after her husband disappeared. Her mental health started deteriorating as she became more obsessed with the Ultra Beasts (possibly due to the inability to deal with grief) and there is also the strong possibility that Nihilego's (UB-01) neurotoxins contributed to her growing insanity and change in personality.

I wish the game depicted more of grieving Lusamine so her transition into a maniac would feel more organic. Alas, we got this. Still decent for our first female villain boss.

After watching Digimon Adventure Tri, I feel like Toei Animation and GF secretly collaborate to troll and confuse us with similar yet different concepts and storylines. I almost feel like despite being set 20 years after the events of Kanto, Sun and Moon are in a way prequels to the original story of Gen I.

Epic epic epic trolling.

And of course the Pokemon anime will continue troll everything and ruin the games multiverse views with an immortal 10 year old with amnesia.

Ok, is anyone loving the story and post game of SM? Because I am really hyped for it!

From what I read, the entirety of Aether Foundation isn't evil. There are good grunts and bad grunts. For example, I don't think you battle Wicke in the game at all, but you battle Faba.

Lusamine got obsessed with the Ultra World and Ultra Beasts after her husband disappeared. Her mental health started deteriorating as she became more obsessed with the Ultra Beasts (possibly due to the inability to deal with grief) and there is also the strong possibility that Nihilego's (UB-01) neurotoxins contributed to her growing insanity and change in personality.

I wish the game depicted more of grieving Lusamine so her transition into a maniac would feel more organic. Alas, we got this. Still decent for our first female villain boss.
From what I know, she is really for our first female villainous leader. The story has sounded pretty good. Its certainly better than the XY story, though I'm not sure yet if it surpasses the BW plot. I'll have to play to know for myself.

Speaking of the Ultra Beasts, does anybody get the feeling that they go after humans out of defense rather than malice? I must think that humans were the ones that discovered the Ultra Beasts first, and not the other way around, and this caused the Ultra Beasts to be trapped through various timelines... and harbor resentment towards humans in general.

Of course, my main flaw in this theory is the Nihilego, which want to merge with things and amplify the target's emotions and actions rather then their own.
Even Nihilego might have been rattled by Mohn to begin with. Or they simply reacted to Lusamine's strong desire to meet them.

ShinyGreninja said:
After watching Digimon Adventure Tri, I feel like Toei Animation and GF secretly collaborate to troll and confuse us with similar yet different concepts and storylines. I almost feel like despite being set 20 years after the events of Kanto, Sun and Moon are in a way prequels to the original story of Gen I.
I'm confused. How is Tri trolling us, and what similarities does it share with Sun and Moon?

So does this mean that both Looker and Anabel are from the same non-Mega universe? Anabel came to Mega-Universe through an Ultra Wormhole, but I guess Looker may have passed through Hoopa's rings since he can't be used as UB bait. I saw someone speculate on Smogon that the UB's destroyed the non-Mega universe?

Read on Smogon it evolves into the same mascot

So does this mean that both Looker and Anabel are from the same non-Mega universe? Anabel came to Mega-Universe through an Ultra Wormhole, but I guess Looker may have passed through Hoopa's rings since he can't be used as UB bait.
Considering that Looker makes no reference to his experience in Hoenn, I doubt that Sun/Moon Looker is the same as ORAS Looker. Even if he didn't pass through a wormhole, he should have compared Anabel's memory loss to his own.

I think that there are two Lookers and Anabels in the Mega universe. We've seen both Lookers, but only the original Anabel.

I saw someone speculate on Smogon that the UB's destroyed the non-Mega universe?
They're speculating about it because it's cool and edgy. There isn't any evidence.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom