• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

[SPOILERS] What did you get from Jacq's egg in Teal Mask?

Juliyet

Formerly "Sheeer" | pfp by KTG | Sig art by Okido
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
This thread contains some minor, non-story, gift Pokemon spoilers for The Teal Mask.

Early on in Teal Mask, just outside Mossui Town on the eastern side, you can find Jacq right off the path. After you talk with him, he'll proceed to give you an egg.

This egg will contain one of the three Sinnoh starters at random. So one of either Turtwig, Chimchar or Piplup.

Given it's randomized, I'm curious, which did you end up getting? Mine ended up being a Piplup.

Last edited:
I first heard that apparently the one you get would be the same type as your starter. However since I started with Sprigatitio, I was surprised to get a female Chimchar come out of the egg.

I got turtwig, but picked Sprigatito at the beginning and assumed the two were linked

Is it possible it's based on your bdsp starter if you have data for that game? It's likely just a coincidence, but I got Piplup which was my bdsp starter (and my favorite gen 4 starter), and that would explain the rumors of it being the same type as the starter you chose, since there's probably some correlation there.

Is it possible it's based on your bdsp starter if you have data for that game? It's likely just a coincidence, but I got Piplup which was my bdsp starter (and my favorite gen 4 starter), and that would explain the rumors of it being the same type as the starter you chose, since there's probably some correlation there.

Entirely possible. I did pick Chimchar in BDSP and got Chimchar from the Egg. Has anyone here gotten a different starter from what they picked in BDSP?

I got Piplup.
I am inclined to agree that what you get is random; I chose Fuecoco as my starter, I haven't played BDSP, and I chose Cyndaquil in Legends: Arceus.

I got a Chimchar. From what I can tell what you get is completely random, which is cool with me because I like not knowing what's in an egg before it hatches!

Been meaning to mention a bit of a tip for those wanting a specific starter. So it may be randomized, but apparently it's not locked in until you actually receive the egg. So you can technically just save before talking to Jacq and reset accordingly until you get the one you want if you'd prefer.

I got Turtwig from my egg. Considering the hatch is random, it was a massive coincidence since it was the starter I picked when playing Pearl for the first time. I'm also a fan of grass starters in general.

Back
Top Bottom