• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

[SPOILERS] Which are your favorite Pokemon from Gen IX's full roster?

By having completed my Pokémon Scarlet journey just now, I can answer to this question by making a top 3:
  • Quaquaval: the battle animations of this Pokémon are rather amazing and, since I picked Quaxly as my starter, I have plenty of affection towards it. Its movepool is very good as well, meaning it can make a great use of the moxie ability.
  • Tinkaton: never thought a fairy could look that badass despite being able to keep an extremely cute appearance like this Pokémon does.
  • Baxcalibur: finally a 600 BS ice type among the regular Pokémon... and so far it's doing me great services on tera raid battles thanks to its ability and high attack.

My updated favorite list post-Indigo Disc DLC:
  • Meowscarada
  • Skeledirge
  • Lokix
  • Maushold
  • Arboliva
  • Garganacl
  • Kilowattrel
  • Grafaiai
  • Toedscruel
  • Tinkaton
  • Bombirdier
  • Revavroom
  • Glimmora
  • Houndstone
  • Cetitan
  • Dondozo
  • Tatsugiri
  • Annihilape
  • Clodsire
  • Farigiraf
  • Dudunsparce
  • Great Tusk
  • Scream Tail
  • Flutter Mane
  • Slither Wing
  • Sandy Shocks
  • Iron Treads
  • Iron Moth
  • Baxcalibur
  • Wo-Chien
  • Chien-Pao
  • Ting-Lu
  • Chi-Yu
  • Roaring Moon
  • Koraidon
  • Miraidon
  • Walking Wake
  • Ogerpon
  • Archaludon
  • Hydrapple
  • Gouging Fire
  • Raging Bolt
  • Iron Boulder
  • Iron Crown
  • Terapagos Terastal Form
  • Pecharunt

• The Charcadet trio are probably my top favourites of the bunch. They really do look like Battle Network characters and I think it's fantastic, they designs are so cool.
  • Revavroom scores a bunch of points on concept alone, I never expected a car Pokemon to really work, but by god the madmen did it. The design itself also comes together really well overall.
  • Lokix is another one that wins a lot of points from the Kamen Rider-ness of its design just being inherently cool.
  • Garganacl and its line do a lot of really cool things with the inherent blockiness of salt crystals that makes for a really fun look.
  • Scovillain has a very distinct and specific look, and I think it's a great interpretation of the grass/fire pepper Pokemon that people have been asking for for so long. Giving it a second head was a complete left-field choice, and honestly I think it's the part that really makes it unique and cool.
  • Bramblin and Brambleghast get a lot of flak, but I think they're fun and silly enough that I really like 'em.
  • The Past Paradoxes in general are very cool, and of the bunch I especially really like Koraidon. It's a fun guy and I think its feathery dino look is very great.

Meowscarada and Finizen are my favorites. Tbh though this generation has my lowest amount of favorite Pokemon out of the entire franchise. :(

There are a fair number of Gen 9 Pokémon that I have come around to liking. However, my all-time favorites include the Sprigatito line, Armarogue, Ceruledge, the Tinkatink line, Cyclizar, Hydrapple, Archaludon, Ogrepon, and the Raidon duo.

Last edited:
Quaxly: Excellent execution
Grafaiai: Loved ever since it was announced
Pawmi's Line: I actually love this line because I find all of the Pokemon in it cute
Frigibax: Disagree if you wish too but I love how I find it cute

1. Quaquaval
  2. Skeledirge
  3. Lokix
  4. Armarouge/Ceruledge
  5. Bellibolt
  6. Tinkaton
  7. Annihilape
  8. Baxcalibur
  9. Chien-Pao
  10. Roaring Moon
  11. Miraidon/Koraidon
  12. Hydrapple
The rest I don't care or don't like.

My team in the Game was Quaquaval,Annihilape,Armarouge,Bellibolt,Tinkakon and Baxcalibur,so half of them.

Back
Top Bottom