• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Sprigatito Appreciation Thread

It gets cuter every time I look at it. I always love seeing new cat Pokemon, and Sprigatito does not disappoint. Even its name is adorable. The only way I won't be using this little fluff ball is if its evolution is garbage and Quaxly's or Fuecoco's is amazing. But they would probably have to really drop the ball on Sprigatito for that. I still used Litten even when I liked Primarina more.

Am I the only one who doesn't care if it becomes a biped? I only wish it to stay cute, because the sudden transition of Litten into BIG BULKY WRESLER CAT was very jarring. I don't like Incineroar due to that rather than how many legs it stands on. If it became something like Meowstic or Braixen in its future stages, I'd be 100% content.

As it is now, I do love this little kitty. It's like a Grass-type Shinx and I love Shinx. It is my favorite of the revealed starters because I am obsessed with cats and have always wanted a Grass-type cat/dog other than Leafeon. Its name is adorable and the best, as someone who speaks some Spanish. Sprigatito? Much cuter sounding like Spritten or Spritty or something.

But will I pick it? I never make a decision based on the first stage, because you never know what'll happen. I want to pick it, but we'll have to see what's in store. Now for months of painful waiting, yay. I really wish they'd reveal all the starter evos at once, but I get why they do this.

Last edited:
I don't care if it becomes bipedal either. Cat pokemon is cat pokemon. We have plenty of both bipeds and quadruped cats of both the house and big varieties.

I can never be allowed in the pokemon universe. My house would look like a more feline-diverse Nanu's house. Everywhere you look. There's a cat. And now there's gonna be cats in the garden. Me and him are gonna just sit over here in the corner and be tired and too old for this biz under a pile of pokemon felines.

I don't care if it becomes bipedal either. Cat pokemon is cat pokemon. We have plenty of both bipeds and quadruped cats of both the house and big varieties.

I can never be allowed in the pokemon universe. My house would look like a more feline-diverse Nanu's house. Everywhere you look. There's a cat. And now there's gonna be cats in the garden. Me and him are gonna just sit over here in the corner and be tired and too old for this biz under a pile of pokemon felines.
I have had history with cats. Seeing as I haven't picked the grass type since HeartGold, this one is my obvious pick.

Last edited:
I'm thinking it's Italy
Pretty sure it’s already confirmed Spain. There’s a couple of landmarks that people have already linked to real world Spain, and Sprigatito and Fuecoco use Spanish grammar rather than Italian.

(Based on what I saw on Google translate, it would be Sprigattino and Fuococo if Italy was the inspiration.)

I deleted a previous post that said something similar but didn’t really add to the conversation. These are my more detailed thoughts.

Basically, someone at Game Freak found a “Sagwa the Chinese Siamese Cat” coloring page, gave the main character green fur and pink eyes, then said “Original Character! Donut Steel!”

And I love it :D

Yeah the hee hoo weed cat jokes are already stupid. The obsession with pot is almost insufferable at this point. I get it, ye get high lol munchies drugs roflmao

The catnip joke is right there. It would make more sense and be fun. Draw me some constantly energetic cat instead of a cat with bloodshot eyes.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom