• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Sprigatito Appreciation Thread

Somehow, I can't shake off the feeling that Sprigatito is going to be Puss in Boots, thus, Grass/Fighting. That said, another idea I saw pop up recently in Reddit, is that the starters of Gen 9 are taking another RPG Archetype approach, namely "The Princess", "The Dragon" and "The Hero"

Sprigatito Final Evo = Grass/Fairy - (The Princess)
Fuecoco Final Evo = Fire/Poison - (The Dragon/Serpent - based on Saint George's Dragon)
Quaxly Final Evo = Water/Fighting - (The Hero)

That said, if Sprigatito ended up as Puss in Boots, he'd be the Hero, and Quaxly would be the Princess archetype.

If so, this dual type setup could be very unique.

Sprigatito for sure is the most likely to go “Princess” if any of the three do, since it already has the pinkish eyes while Quaxly is already stated to be the “cool” one and Fuecoco just does not give me a Princess vibe.

A frilly mane and pink nose was enough to show that Popplio becomes a mermaid, so it’s for sure possible.

Princess-Dragon-Hero would make a really cool trio actually, yeah.

Please don't ruin my glorious death cat by turning it into some Hello Kitty reject by lumping it into a princess stereotype.
She needs to grow up to be a strong, lithe, fearless destroyer. Not some useless prima donna.

If you need to have a female stereotype, dump it on the duck. Doesn't even stop it from turning into a Pirate(Anne Bonny and Mary Read were a thing).

Quaxly's a duck-
And here i thought it was a tiger. :p

Like some people, i want Sprigatito to remain quadrupedal on their last stage. Obviously i can still end up not liking the design because it can still be bad even if i want them to be a certain way, but it can make me go at least a little more lenient on their design if they stay quadrupedal.

I just realized the grass starters that I like enough to equal or surpass my like of the fire starter look pretty similar.

Chikorita and Sprigatito both have the same colors. Light green with darker green and pink-red eyes. Treecko has the same, but with added yellow in the eyes.

My tradition is to always choose the Grass starter and I LOVE cats so it's perfect. I just hope it's final evolution is more like a Persian than a Machoke. I do avoid anything remotely spoilers so I wouldn't know if it was already revealed thus I'll have myself surprised as much as possible (though honestly, I don't expect that good of a game but no point complaining because it will still sell like hotcakes anyway, which means the quality won't ever rise with there being no need to deliver a good, completed game so I just try my best to enjoy what I get with all it's flaws).

Last edited:
^Hey look its the grass type variant of me. :p This is exactly how I felt when Litten was revealed since I always choose the fire stater traditionally. Only exceptions I've made in my whole life are Alpha Sapphire when I picked Treecko and now Sprigatito. Of course I tend to pick Bulbasaur and Chikorita for Nuzlockes when I play Leaf Green and Soul Silver but that's an entirely different scenario.

Now we sit and wait for the water cat to complete the trio and the crazy cat ladies and gentlemen of the world will ascend to their final forms.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom