• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Sprigatito Appreciation Thread

My favorite of the three for sure
a0a952733b3d45af61ebe343192462252f2984f1.gifv

Go to your preferences and there should be an option to select your favorite starter for gen 9! If you got the badge already and it's not appearing under your avatar and stuff you gotta activate it on you profile page thingy under 'badges'.
Thanks for the info, I had the same question! You were a big help, thanks! :giggle:

Edit: Sprigatito's awesome too, BTW. If not for Fuecoco, it would've been my first choice. Litten's one of my favorite starters, so I would definitely go with a kitty again. (In fact, I might, depending on how the games deliver, end up buying both so I can have Sprigatito as a starter too.)

Last edited:
Please, Grass/Fairy! Or Grass/Steel! NO Grass/Dark PLEASE. Such a garbage typing. Unlike Grass/Fairy and Grass/Steel, both of which are very much preferred!

For anyone worried about Sprigatito's typing
According to Khu, Sprigatito has a very Busted Hidden Ability

Any guesses on what it might be?

I don't it's Grassy Terrain since Grookey already had that

Maybe a grass version of Protean/Libero?

But I think it'll be something new entirely

For anyone worried about Sprigatito's typing
According to Khu, Sprigatito has a very Busted Hidden Ability

Any guesses on what it might be?

I don't it's Grassy Terrain since Grookey already had that

Maybe a grass version of Protean/Libero?

But I think it'll be something new entirely
I doubt we'll get another protean/libero. Attract in switch in could be busted though, fits with its description on the website. Or intimidate but with special attack. But I don't think anything can save it from a 4x bug weakness.

I hate the Grass/Dark typing! I loathe it! Even if it does happen, I still think it’s nothing but unusable! At this rate, even thought I know it’s gonna happen anyway, they should make it that the new games will be insanely easy. Possibly moreso than XY, That’s the only way we can deal with a complete garbage heap that is the Grass/Dark typing.

(Or maybe Emp, you probably should just stop making it that you must nuzlocke every new game)

Or maybe you should take a deep breath, pick another starter, and let it go.

Anyway i like the idea of it being Grass/Dark well enough, though it's a bit of a surprise since its first stage looks more like it's heading towards Grass/Fairy. Hope it has a good design.

The thing is, despite my complaining, I still want to pick the Grass starter because not only do I feel that it’s going to have the best final form, but if the same leak that claimed it’s gonna be Grass/Dark is true, then surprisingly, it gets off the easiest amongst the three. So in other words, I’m still picking it regardless for reasons that are both long and leak inspired.

- So the leak, can’t remember at the moment if it was Khu or whoever, claims the gen9 starter final evo typings are gonna be just like Legends but Grass and Water swapped. So basically Grass/Dark, Fire/Ghost, Water/Fighting.

- Of course, this is a disappointing thing on many levels, as repeat typings back to back are never an exciting thing unless it makes sense for it, and the Grass and Fire starters definitely look like they could be something else. And worse, now all three of them have tons of weaknesses. Even the Water starter who’s typing is the one I see most fitting but I feel like it’s going to be the slow one of the bunch, and with those weaknesses…

- Despite of that, the Grass starter admittedly has it the best of the bunch. Grass/Dark is still the worst typing in the game, no doubt about it, but at least it’s guaranteed to be fast and hopefully a heavy hitter. Whereas again, the Fire starter having the exact same type as previous time when it could be something more interesting, and a slow Water/Fighting sounds suicidal (and I know that’s hypocritical as a slow Water/Fighting is currently the MVP of one of my current nuzlockes)

- All in all, the gen9 games just need to be VERY VERY EASY possibly even to the point it’s moreso than XY. Just.. what is wrong with the Grass/Dark typing?

If you decided not to read the above, then here’s a tl;dr: I still want to pick the Grass starter because I know it’s still going to end up being the strongest of the three regardless.

Thx for not putting a spoiler tag on the typing... No matter, I'm not a competitive player so I don't care how weak
Grass/Dark
supposedly is. I care more about a design that doesn't make me throw up but even if it was bad designed I don't think it will be so bad, that I can't bear it. I'd still choose it because I'm an old fart hell bent on tradition, which in my case is, always pick the Grass starter.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom