• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spring Samba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Red

Kaboom
Reaction score
It was mid-morning in the quaint town of New Bark. People were just beginning to emerge from their domiciles, some still groggy from a restless night. The shops and businesses that lined the dirt roads were just opening around now- the only place that had seen activity before this time in the morning was the local Pokemon Research Lab, which had been preparing for the big day ahead of them. Many of those who woke up during these hours did so by choice- for love of their job, or for love of the multitude of species of Pokemon that only showed up when the sun was just making its way over the horizon. Professor Elm yawned and gently stirred his coffee. "It's almost time!" he mused, glancing at his watch and opening up the door of his laboratory as the sunlight streamed in, glinting off the marble floor tiles. After all the anticipation, the day was finally here. Several children would be stopping by the lab to pick up a starter Pokemon and a Pokedex to start the journeys. You could just feel the excitment in the crisp, spring air...

"That's right, everyone." the newslady on the television said. "Police officials in Azalea Town have reported strange sightings of suspicious men and woman clad in only black near the Slowpoke Well. What their intentions are is unknown, but it is currently under investigation. All we can hope is that evil syndicates won't rise here in Johto like the ones that were defeated in Kanto four years ago."

"Hmmmm......Odd."

"Odd? Odd! This is not odd, Zager. This is a MYSTERY."

Spring Samba
A Journey Through Johto

A clock ticked loudly from somewhere within the house. Marcus rolled over in his bed, still sound asleep. Suddenly, the covers were thrown off the boy, and he awoke with a start. It was just a moment ago that he had still been dreaming, but now he was widely awake. Marcus jumped out of bed, and hobbled, trying to put on his jeans, over to his calender. "Yes!" he said, pointing to a circled date. "Today's the day!" Marcus grabbed a rubber Pokeball off of his desk. "I choose you!" he shouted, throwing it, only to have it bounce back and hit him square in the face. Marcus laughed, and walked downstairs, to find his mom cooking a hearty breakfast. "Good morning, dear." she said, without lookign away from the stove where she had been frying eggs. "Mornin'" Marcus replied. "The big day is fianlly here!" his mother smiled, putting a plate for her son on the kitchen table. "Yup! Today I start my Pokemon journey!" Marcus exclaimed, gobbling up his breakfast, quickly. "What's the rush?" "I wanna get to the professor's lab early, so I get first pick out of the three starter Pokemon." he explained. "I'm sure Professor Elm will wait." his mother said, as Marcus got up to leave.

"I'm gonna miss you." she said, shedding a tear.
"I'm gonna miss you too, mom."

"Promise me you'll come visit."
"I will mom."

"And don't do anything too dangerous."
"I won't, mom."

"And did you pack enough clean underwear?"
"MOM!"

Marcus embraced his mother. "I'll be fine." "You're right, I worry too much." she said, as they went out to the front porch. "Well, I'm off!" Marcus said, getting on his bike, and riding off down the dirt roads of New Bark Town.

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f430/spring-samba-ooc-thread-rpg-lounge-125328/#post3730035

Last edited:
"Did he not make that joke last time?" Eliot wondered alound, getting out from under the covers of Marcus' mother's bed.
"Lo." Lotad said, following him, as he follows Marcus, a pair of the young man's mother's undergarments around his neck.
"Marcus. We must journey together!" Eliot says, fist thrust into the sky.

Rei walked up to his house, remembering all the good times. Wait,there were none. Sighing,he was about to touch the doorknob when a familiar voice called his name.

"REI! You're back! I have a favor to ask!"
It was the local professor, Professor Elm. Glad his hel- home could be put off,he looked over at the young professor.

"What is it."
"Rei,you have a pokemon,right?"

Rei grinned. Of course he had a pokemon! His prize Zorua,hatched a mere 2 days ago.

"Yes."
"Good,good. Have you heard of that gang going around?"

Rei heard,all right. The sailors on the ship he had took seemed to speak of nothing else.

"Yes."
"Good...You see,a few kids are going on their journey today...they're strong,but I heard the gang is getting far too physical. Could you go with them, and assist them?"

So that's what it is. No 'Welcome back Rei' or 'How was your trip with your uncle?' Just bodyguard duty. Whenever someone needed someone to do something, Rei was the canidate. Not cause of his strength or smarts,but because noone cared if HE was hurt.

"Fine."
"Thank you! Come with me to my lab...they will be there shortly..."

Sighing,Rei followed the professor to the lab,mentally preparing himself for the long journey.

Last edited:
"Hurry up Zack, we're going to be late." an annoyed yet playful tone was set in the teen's voice as they both travelled to Newbark to get their starter Pokemon. The first of the teens, a slim built male with short, black hair worn up in a spiked fashion, was walking backwards motioning for his friend, a crimson haired male, with storm blue eyes, a tanned complexion, and a slightly chubby build, who looked like he was about to fall down and collapse from exhaustion at any given moment.

Zane, I'm tired, we've been at it since we left home the other day, and you know that I'm not as fit as you are. Complained the crimson haired teen named Zack, as he placed his hands on his hips and glared at his best friend.

"Well stop complaining, we're almost there any-who, and if we're late and miss the chance to get an awesome starter Pokemon, then I'm chasing you all the way back to Goldenrod!

Wait, starter Pokemon? Zane, what are you talking about? Asked Zack, his eyes narrowing in suspicion.

"Nothing~." Chimed the raven haired teen, a cocky grin spreading across his face. This was just what Zack needed, he could tell his friend was getting annoyed, and angry with him, and he took off like a bullet with an enraged Zack yelling furiously behind him.

Get back here you idoit! Shouted Zack, chasing after his friend. Zane had failed to tell him that he was taking him to Newbark to get his starter Pokemon. Zack just thought it was a nice trip away from home. Boy was he ever dense sometimes! He chased Zane all the way to Newbark Town, and into Professor Elm's lab. Zane had casually walked in, and Zack - still in a blind rag - dashed in and his shoes slipped on the lab floor. Zack was sent crashing into a shelf full of Pokeballs, causing the item to crash down upon him, scattering the Pokeballs everywhere, and sending the various species of Pokemon contained inside out. All Pokemon seemed to be in a panicked frenzy!

Rei walked into the lab,seeing the chaos around him. All of the pokemon slowly looked at him.
"Man...I should lay off the Shroomish..."

Professor Elm ran in,and with one snap of his fingers,commanded all the pokemon into their pokeballs. He than looked at Zane.

"Ah,Zane. You're here. Please wait until the others arrive,please."

Nathan began the quick walk from Cherrygrove City to New Bark Town. He was excited and as far as he could tell, so was the Pokemon walking by his side, a Trapinch. Nate looked down at the orange Pokemon and said, "I guess our first stop is the Professor's! I may need a Pokedex but I don't need a starter becuase I've already got you!" Trapinch smiled and hopped a bit into the air at his trainer's comment. Nathan inhaled deeply then exhaled as he enjoyed the smell of fresh air which was hard to comeby in Goldenrod. The two approached a small, quaint town with many windmills as they found a large building which they both assumed to be the professor's and walked in.

"So this is New Bark Town, I guess...." wondered Lila, gazing at the sleepy town before her. She was itching to receive a Pokédex from Professor Elm and officially begin her Pokémon journey.
"Isn't it great, Pyro?" she asked the Litwick sitting in her arms as she made her way towards Elm's laboratory.

Marcus' bike skidded to a halt. He turned around to look at Eliot. "Hey! Who the hell are you?"

Magdalyn swiftly rode her bike down the road, trying to keep a steady but quick pace so she wouldn't be late. "I'm..*huff*... almost to... *huff* Newbark." she said, breathing hard. "R-riding from *huff* Violet City wan't my smartest *huff* idea." She slowed her bike for a second and patted her pocket containing the Pokeball her parents had given her as a going away present. She wasn't sure what exactly was in it since she was told not to open it until she met the Professor, but she had her guess.
"Almost t-there." she said, the town in sight.

'We will be shortly arriving in New Bark Town in 5 minuets'

Alex glanced up towards the announcement speakers and turned back to face the sea. The ferry glided through the swift warm water, and many Pokemon leaped out to entertain the passengers on board. It has been a while since Alex had seen land, since the last time was he saw it was in Olivine. He reached into his pocket and held out a small flyer, advertising Professor Elm's Labs.

Which Pokemon should I choose?

As Alex was considering his options, a small plump Pokemon slouched against the balcony and started to tug down at Alex's trousers. Alex turned around and removed a small pre-made PokeFood from his pocket. "Don't eat it all at once Munchlax, save some energy for some battling. I am sure there will be a lot of new people around Professor Elm's Lab.

"Eliot Nadel, at your service." Eliot says, giving a short bow, before seeing a young lass his age skid in on a bike. "Hello there. Tell me, are you a trainer?"

"Sorry, Eliot." Marcus said, as politely as possible. "I don't have time to chat. I'm on my way to Professor Elm's lab to get my Pokemon!"

In the distance, the small town of New Bark Town gradually came into view. Alex made his waytowards the exit. After docking at the bay, Alex and Munclax walked off towards the Pokemon Lab.

Marcus sped off down the path. Soon enough, the lab came into view. "Almost there." Marcus said to himself, thinking about which Pokemon he would pick. He always thought Cyndaquil were absolutley adorable, but he always loved the playful nature most Totodile seem to display. Marcus rode up to the front of the lab, and pushed the bike's kickstand down into the dirt. He walked up the steps and knocked on the door.

Alex walked through the town, admiring the brickwork and structure of the buildings surronding him. Munchlax was running ahead, chasing some butterflies like a normal Pokemon would. As Alex was walking towards the Lab, he wondered what Pokemon he would get. They say that Professor Elm had's out eith a Chikorita, Cyndaquil or Totadile. Grass, Fire and Water, which one to choose.

"Maybe a Chikorita, I hear they are the perfect choice for a wannabe CoIordinator" Alex said to himself and walked closer to the Lab.

OOC: Imma take control of Professor Elm for now.

Professor Elm opened the door to find Marcus waiting at his doorstep. "Ah," he said, a grin stretching across his face. "You must be Marcus, am I right? Please, come inside." He led Marcus to a table in the back of the lab. Atop the table, were three Pokeballs. "Here I have three Pokemon. You may choose one of them to accompany you on your journey." Marcus thought for a moment, then said, "Would it be okay if I could see the Pokemon first? I like to examine all my choices before making any hasty descisions."

Alex knocked on the door to the lab and entered in. From what it seemed, it looked like another trainer was choosing their Pokemon. Alex looked down at Munchlax and watched his eyes gaze across the room, berwildered he was going to have a new friend to play with soon.

"Excuse me proffesor, can I choose a Pokemon as well?" Alex asked the proffesor.

"As you wish." Elm replied, smirking, and releasing the Pokemon contained in the three Pokeballs.

152.png
155.png
158.png

"Chikorita, the grass-type, Cyndaquil, the fire-type, and Totodile, the water-type." Adknowledging the trainer that had just entered, he added, "You may each choose one."

"Isn't this great, Pyro? Our journey begins today!" Lila was almost trembling with excitement as she reached the door of Elm's Pokémon Lab.
When she raised her hand to knock she noticed that the door was slightly ajar. Pushing it open a little, she peeked her head in through the gap to see Professor Elm and two young trainers.
She knocked on the door apprehensively. "Knock knock! I'm Lila, and I'm here for my Pokédex!"

"Hmm, I think I've already chosen my mind, can I take Chikorita please," Alex said to Proffesor Elm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom