• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spritedump Thread? Spritedump thread.

So am I the only one who's fine with the sailor look? I'm loving these sprites, especially b-ball boy Joey.

Close inspection of his artwork actually shows his Sugimori art is like that too.

His eyes seem much tinier in the games, though, and the lack of White around his pupils is much more clear. Maybe it's just me, though.

*lol* Since when did Carmen Sandiego live in the pokemon world?

Also the pre-schoolers are adorable. I love the little girl!

Doesn't it seem contradictory that a manual of one of the earlier games say you "have" to be eleven to be on a Pokemon journey but somehow these little "squirts" have Pokemon. Or does that only apply to the starter Pokemon?

And I also like the female scientist too (along with the girl with blue hair (pig/pony tails).

Doesn't it seem contradictory that a manual of one of the earlier games say you "have" to be eleven to be on a Pokemon journey but somehow these little "squirts" have Pokemon. Or does that only apply to the starter Pokemon?

And I also like the female scientist too (along with the girl with blue hair (pig/pony tails).

I guess they realized that and made the Player Character older, so then the "squirts" seem like they're ten

*lol* Since when did Carmen Sandiego live in the pokemon world?

That sprite is awesome. Whoever designed it should get a raise.

The sprites across the board are pretty cool.

I guess they realized that and made the Player Character older, so then the "squirts" seem like they're ten
Those kids are way too tiny to be ten. Plus they're wearing clothes assigned to Japanese pre-schoolers. It wasn't a mistake.

I think it's kind of like getting a license...

A kid with a permit can still drive a car, but they're limited by the fact that they need a legal driver with them. Similarly, I think little kids are still allowed to keep and raise pokemon, but they're limited in that they can't compete in official tournaments and leagues.

Isshu: The Land of Pokemon Opportunity!

I really was hoping the Carmen Sandigeo trainer would've looked exactly like her, trenchcoat and all.

I...janitor class. YESSSSSSS.

(I'm a janitor, if you didn't know. I love how cool he looks xD)

I...janitor class. YESSSSSSS.

(I'm a janitor, if you didn't know. I love how cool he looks xD)
Not to intentionally put a damper on that idea, but he's wearing the same bandana and colors as a lot of other Pokemon Breeder classes. The broom is used to clean up after the Pokemon.

Breeders aren't the...only people who can wear bandannas. D: That broom makes a lot more sense in a janitor's sprite, being a defining characteristic for us to some I guess, than it does in a Breeder's sprite. x:

no one likes janitors why does the world hate janitors. We're not the ones making the terrible messes every day (Here's looking at you, Laura the teller at the south bank who somehow manages to have more trash on the floor than in the can every bloody day!), we simply clean them. I'd think that's a good thing D:

U-until it's proven that I'm wrong (-sob-) I will choose to believe that maybe janitors have gotten a little love from Nintendo. After all, isn't there always both a male and a female close to each other? Why wouldn't the female breeder's sprite be here? Both of the Ace Trainers and both of the Rangers are here, but there's no sprite matching the janitor/Breeder. Also, I see a nurse, perhaps. Maybe these are sprites from within a school, where you might find both?

EDIT: Unless that girl with a hat is supposed to be the match? ...fffff world. why do you hate janitors argh.

Last edited:
Tsutaaja.png
Pokabu.png
Chaobuu.png
Mijumaru.png
Minezumi.png
Yooterii.png
Shimama.png
Mamepato.png
Hatoopoo.png
Choroneko.png
Leopardas.png
Dokkora.png
Monmon.png
Churine.png

Was bored.

Last edited:
Awesome news dude! It turns out there IS a Janitor sprite!
10wuo9u.jpg

He's at the final boss at the top of a building in Hiun City filled with trainers. Ironically, he uses the garbage bag Pokemon.

Awesome news dude! It turns out there IS a Janitor sprite!
10wuo9u.jpg

He's at the final boss at the top of a building in Hiun City filled with trainers. Ironically, he uses the garbage bag Pokemon.

He looks so happy! And he has a garbage bag Pokémon! I think he's gonna be my favorite random trainer in the game now.

HE'S NOT AS COOL-LOOKING BUT YOU KNOW WHAT, I DON'T CARE. THIS GREATLY PLEASES ME. Especially because he's a boss. <3

You know, if the janitors aren't happy (PROTIP: leaving stupid passive aggressive notes telling us to clean nasty messes you've left in toilets (to this day I have no idea how you could even GET stuff like that in certain places without TRYING) that we clean every day anyway is NOT good motivation), we can easily make it so the people in the building aren't happy. x: We generally don't because, hey, that's our job, but...long story short, this guy being a boss feels right to me. xD

Interesting that they have both genders of scientist, though one of them should be Makomo. Also, that (I think) gangster having the croc on his jacket is a nice little detail. I do wonder that that parasol lady represents, though.

Why does the Hiker look...fabulous now?

Eh, Hikers acted pretty fabulous in Gen IV.

OH LET ME SEE YOUR CHARMING POKEMON DRESS THEM UP ALL NICE OKAY

I gave them kind of a wide berth in the underground after that. xD

Back
Top Bottom