• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Sprouse brothers to star in Pokémon commercial: Advertisement to feature HeartGold, S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sprouse brothers to star in Pokémon commercial: Advertisement to feature HeartGol

I saw the commercial.

It was like watching Twilight.

Re: Sprouse brothers to star in Pokémon commercial: Advertisement to feature HeartGol

I see what there trying to do.

They are mainly aiming at teh girls.

I guess not enough girls play pokemon.

I've always pronounsed it poh-kee-mon

So have I.

NO, NO, NO, NO, NO...
Sorry, but "Pokemon" is actually the most mispronounced franchise name in the world, and it annoys me a bit.
The little ` thingy over the E makes the E into the "AY" sound, similar to the word 'cafe' which is pronounced "CAFF-AY".

Pronounce 'Pokemon' as "POKE- AY- MON."

My brother still says it "Poker-mon" and it really annoys me.

NO, NO, NO, NO, NO...
Sorry, but "Pokemon" is actually the most mispronounced franchise name in the world, and it annoys me a bit.
The little ` thingy over the E makes the E into the "AY" sound, similar to the word 'cafe' which is pronounced "CAFF-AY".

Pronounce 'Pokemon' as "POKE- AY- MON."

My brother still says it "Poker-mon" and it really annoys me.
If I recall, Pokemon was taken as the international name based on what the Japanese fans had already nicknamed it.

Not like it really matters though because the fact remains that it is a combination of the words Pocket and Monster, so the e sound should really be more of a schwa, therefore should be unstressed. There's no reason there should be an accent on the e other than to look cool, kind of like Digimon Xros Wars' spelling of their name.

They're not the real Sprouse twins; they're robots. Seriously, they sound like they've been programmed to say it in a retarded, robotic voice.

Huh, I can sum up this thread in a few words.

michael_jackson_279haters_gonna_hate.jpg

...Yeah, That's about right.

You folks are mighty funny, Disney doesn't own Dylan and Cole, but they do have a say endeavors, no doubt because of whatever contract they've signed.
The boys got this job through their agent/agency because they're TV stars with their own show, and they'll bring in sales.

I'm glad to see TPCI putting some money into advertising, this should generate more interest, and it certainly will bring in tween players, who no doubt think "POKEEMON IS FOUR LOZERS!!!".

Also, they are putting a bit too much emphasis on the "kay", however, I much prefer "Po-KAAY-Mahn" to Pok-EEEEE-Mahn".
And, technically speaking, "Po-KAAY-Man" is more correct.
lrn2jpaness

What I appreciate, is that they're obviously going out-of-their way to pronounce it in what they believe is the correct manner. I can't say that they're fans, but I can say that they appear to be taking it very seriously as not to upset...the fans.

I do find it interesting that most of you are saying it wrong, I certainly hope you're mistaken because English isn't your first language.

trainers_gonna_train.gif

Not to mention "Po-kay-mon" sounds better than "Po-KAY-mon" any day.

It would be the reverse if you grew up hearing/saying "Po-KAY-mon." Just because something sounds different doesn't mean it is wrong.

The pronounciation thing is still going on after 16 pages... We should all feel ashamed....

And it's 'Poh-kay-mon' FFS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom