• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Non-Mafia Spyfall II [ENDGAME]

That animal question got me. I was between Ski resort, Beach, Water Park and Amusement/Theme Park.
Everything except Ski was reasonable enough, that should have been out since toast said sunny. I mostly wanted to guide spy to think Beach tbh, but the other parks were not a bad idea either.

Everything except Ski was reasonable enough, that should have been out since toast said sunny. I mostly wanted to guide spy to think Beach tbh, but the other parks were not a bad idea either.
That was my thought process when I asked the question, sunny did expel Ski from my mind. Mido following up with what animals made me lose Beach. Then it's a 50/50 between water and the other two parks.

Also owed an answer to this one, round started and I could not talk by the time I saw it.
You assume I know what I’m doing.

Of course I wanted to convince you guys it was Claire.

It was either restaurant or cafe. I’m guessing cafe cause :wynaut:

Also isn’t it against the rules to lie since we are supposed to be acting our roles?
To be fair, I was not sure what I was doing first time I randed spy either. Which is why "trying to understand the game" felt like a decent first answer :)

That was not an actual ruling, but I did ask for clarification, and apparently it is just a suggestion. But I agree it should become a ruling for future installments, to make things more fair.

Too many gambitting players this game. I think removing gambits would make it a bit more fair.
You cannot make "no gambits" a rule. No loophole abuse is a thing, OK, but despite Raven suggesting lying, we did not have to tell any lies before round ended anyway...

@JamieIsBored during this game you asked questions about stuff like the weather...
I heavily agree with this type of questions because it's waaay too subjective in most cases.
You did this during the airport round for example and I was like

How the hell does the weather give anything away, it can be any weather at (almost) any place at (almost) any time?

Or during the first round, I was camera man the movie studio...
How the hell should I know whether I know the people there or not?
How do you define know in this case?
How am I supposed to answer this question in a useful way if it's not further specified, which kinda movie studio we are?
In Hollywood, sure, I'll probably know some of the actors and directors - but all these people could be randos to me in a rather small studio.

These kinda questions were putting me in a super weird spot, because...
1. I don't know what kinda answer you expect from the me, even if we share the same alignment.
2. Due to this weird subjectiveness, people may look more sus than they actually are.
And 3. Answers to these questions are also somewhat subjective and make it harder to figure out if the asked person actually doesn't know or simply states their opinion.

As town who wants to figure out your alignment, as well as the alignment of the person you asked your question, this is (usually) not giving me any information at all :ROFLMAO:

Also, since I forgot to mention this during the last round, a concert hall is associated with art, music is considered an art form XD :tophat: :monocle:

@JamieIsBored during this game you asked questions about stuff like the weather...
I heavily agree with this type of questions because it's waaay too subjective in most cases.
You did this during the airport round for example and I was like
I was trying to catch people out, that's why. This is my first time playing the game so sorry if I played it wrong.
Also, since I forgot to mention this during the last round, a concert hall is associated with art, music is considered an art form XD :tophat: :monocle:
Yeah, I know. I was trying to be careful with all my answers because if I answer a bit wrong then people would sus me.
the weather..
The first time I used that question was to see if Claire knew we were indoors and the second one was spy me trying to cross potential locations off the list.

the second one was spy me trying to cross potential locations off the list.
That is the problem, even if it is spy asking this kind of question, and town is trying to be honest, if the answer that should be given is ambiguous anyway, spy has not much info to gain either... These are the kinds of questions/answers that make everything more subjective, having to consider "does Jamie know music is art?" or "do airports have different rulings for pets in other countries?" in making voting/location decisions may not exactly be in the spirit of the game :)

ENDGAME
Alrighty, the location was in fact Water Park meaning the guess was wrong and everybody but JamieIsBored won this round!

The roles were as follows
@JamieIsBored - Spy
@RavenRaziel98 - Swimmer
@Zexy - Sunbather
@Mint Elv - Locker Room Attendant
@Claire386 - Diving Instructor
@toastghost - Lifeguard

First of all thankyou everyone for playing!

I will say I think this game can work on a forum setting, I do disagree with Zexy's point there but agree with the other things he mentioned that it might need a little bit of work. I think it can be done, just gotta figure out how. I think Spyfall 1 was a really good idea of how well this game can work. Regardless of the above anyways:

I do hope you guys enjoyed playing, I will be ending at the original five rounds as stated for now, and then for any (possible) future iterations we can figure out making the games a bit longer, some changes etc. I'd be more than happy to host again in the future if required, but I think as a collective we should think of possible changes. I understand I'm hosting the game but I've always valued player input as it's extremely valuable, even if its negative really. So with that I have some questions below

Would you play this game again?

What's one thing you liked, if anything?

What is something you disliked, if anything?

If you were to play again, what do you think could be changed and / or improved for a more fun experience?

Now this one is non game related, just guaging interest. Are there any board games you might like to see on a forum setting?

Again huge thanks for playing, even though it was short and quick, this was my first non mafia game back so nice to see people interested in it regardless! I'm happy to answer any questions and take part in any discussions until we archive this. Thanks again everyone :bulbaLove:

Without doubt. Also I can not un-bold this without weirdly breaking the quotes.
That for once (despite kinda glitching the game) I did something smart for a change and other than usually, I'm quite happy with my overall performance (I wish I would perform similarly well in Mafia).
Complete talking ban, I feel like restrictions like Don't state if/when/who you voted and similar things could work well enough.
If you were to play again,
I will play again.
what do you think could be changed and / or improved for a more fun experience?
See above ^^
Now this one is non game related, just guaging interest. Are there any board games you might like to see on a forum setting?
The one we talked about on Discord recently, you know, the one where you'ld probably need to change the name XD
Squidward smells
good

this was my first non mafia game back so nice to see people interested in it regardless!
Just wanted to post this minor correction, Codenames was my first one back but I meant first completed one since returning.

Thanks for the insight Raven :)

First of all thankyou everyone for playing!

I will say I think this game can work on a forum setting, I do disagree with Zexy's point there but agree with the other things he mentioned that it might need a little bit of work. I think it can be done, just gotta figure out how. I think Spyfall 1 was a really good idea of how well this game can work. Regardless of the above anyways:

I do hope you guys enjoyed playing, I will be ending at the original five rounds as stated for now, and then for any (possible) future iterations we can figure out making the games a bit longer, some changes etc. I'd be more than happy to host again in the future if required, but I think as a collective we should think of possible changes. I understand I'm hosting the game but I've always valued player input as it's extremely valuable, even if its negative really. So with that I have some questions below

If you were to play again, what do you think could be changed and / or improved for a more fun experience?

Again huge thanks for playing, even though it was short and quick, this was my first non mafia game back so nice to see people interested in it regardless! I'm happy to answer any questions and take part in any discussions until we archive this. Thanks again everyone :bulbaLove:
Thank you for hosting!

Yeah I meant it that it may not work like this, it needs a fair share of balancing to take account for spy not being outed by real time clues but also for town being able to gambit much more. Also if the votes are supposed to be public, then the bandwagon effect is designed to be part of the game, and should stay around, making votes hidden or disallowing talk only makes the forums version way more different from the original.

I would play this game again, with any modifications, offering myself up as a tester for any future experimentations until we figure out the perfect layout for this to work well.

I liked round 3 the most, feel like by that point both me being spy second time around and most others having been several times town had the fairest shot.

I disliked round 4 of course, especially after it became apparent that lying forever was an actual optimal strategy.

Public votes (spy can fake too). Talk allowed. More locations to have to PoE from. And maybe different ratio of town to spy?

I do not have something specific in mind at the moment, but would like to see what other board game ideas you may come up with :)

Sorry if my criticism seemed harsh at some points, you did a great job in the technical aspects of hosting and I especially thank you for that, it just so happens you had to work with a game layout that may not properly translate from real time offline to forums without some tweaking. But I have faith you can figure it out for future installments and would be glad to try again!

1. yeah
2. i like how, despite there being strategy involved, it wasn't that stressful
3. it wasn't very balanced
4. either buff town or nerf the spies

and other than usually, I'm quite happy with my overall performance (I wish I would perform similarly well in Mafia).
This is a sentiment I can also relate to very well after two losses (that did involve me mislynching you too, sorry).

you know, the one where you'ld probably need to change the name XD
Secret Authoritarian Leader? xD

Also ironic such concern comes from the person who submitted a certain remote location in Canada as an answer for a comp :)

Yes
I think it’s fun asking questions and trying to answers questions to gain more information.
Round four. That round was not fun especially as they started discussing lying and stuff.
I think leaving it at just asking questions is nice. Also ban lying because it doesn’t benefit anyone honestly since it becomes hard to tell who the spy is if everyone is lying.

I can also see a different version where instead of a spy we have to guess each others locations. (Legit this is what I thought I had to do the first round lol)
Clue could work. Maybe Life.

This is a sentiment I can also relate to very well after two losses (that did involve me mislynching you too, sorry).

Secret Authoritarian Leader? xD

Also ironic such concern comes from the person who submitted a certain remote location in Canada as an answer for a comp :)
I don't think the people of South Dildo were leading figures in a massacre that cost millions of people their lives, also it was originally Calvin's idea to rename it for bulba (although I encourage this procedure because it may look like romantization of this person to the uninformed War Room visitor) ;)

3. it wasn't very balanced
4. either buff town or nerf the spies
I appreciate the input and I'm glad you enjoyed, but I don't quite get this.

Everything is based on the answers that people give so there wouldn't really be nerfs or buffs to give. It's not like people have abilities or roles, so I don't understand how balance becomes a concern. How would you personally go about buffing or nerfing each team, if you had any ideas for it?

I can also see a different version where instead of a spy we have to guess each others locations.
Oooh, I wouldn't know how to make it work but I like this idea!

Last edited:
Calvin's idea to rename it for bulba
Aye, I do love Zexy's name for it though ahahaha.

I recall Snowy hosting the one called Secret Fascist, so that's where that name came from. I wouldn't steal it ofc was just saying I'd have to call it something along the lines of that possibly :p

Everything is based on the answers that people give so there wouldn't really be nerfs or buffs to give. It's not like people have abilities or roles, so I don't understand how balance becomes a concern.
The level of discussion allowed, the voting process, the amount of locations and ratio of people can all be flexible. I agree the nature of what questions should be asked is not to be policed.

Back
Top Bottom