• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN001: Pikachu is Born!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting a Pikachu backstory.

Pichu was lonely. For me, that only suggests one thing: Poaching was involved. The rest of the Pikachu's and Raichu's were killed off/taken captive, except for this Pichu. I think Team Rocket was involved in the poaching (But not Jessie and James, else Pikachu would have remembered them clearly). This also explains why Pikachu didn't listen to Ash, he was afraid. But after he saw that Ash was different from other humans and willing to protect him, Pikachu turned around and started listening.

Pichu was lonely. For me, that only suggests one thing: Poaching was involved. The rest of the Pikachu's and Raichu's were killed off/taken captive, except for this Pichu. I think Team Rocket was involved in the poaching (But not Jessie and James, else Pikachu would have remembered them clearly). This also explains why Pikachu didn't listen to Ash, he was afraid. But after he saw that Ash was different from other humans and willing to protect him, Pikachu turned around and started listening.

Sounds like a good theory, reminds me of Larvitar

FINA-FREAKING-LY!!!
tumblr_oah0zoZApe1rpn9eno5_400.gifv

This is like a dream come true! For years now, I've wished for this story to be told! And at last, it will be!

Interesting a Pikachu backstory.

Agree with most except the killing part. That's a bit too dark for the anime.

Last edited:
Staff per PR:
  • Screenplay: 吉田玲子 Reiko Yoshida
  • Storyboard: 浅田裕二 Yūji Asada
  • Assistant director: 牧野吉高 Yoshitaka Makino
  • Animation directors: 一石小百合 Sayuri Ichiishi, 吉野真一 Shinichi Yoshino, 太田 都 Miyako Ota
太田 都 Miyako Ota also worked as an animation director on movie 21. 吉田玲子 Reiko Yoshida has done lots of stuff but I don't think anything for Pokémon before.

22 years, and the writers finally decide to expand on the universe instead of shifting it aside in favor of watching Ash become a champion after seven attempts. I hope it's not just towards Pikachu's backstory.

We may get solution why pikachu didnt evolved till now.
Even if we do, I doubt Pikachu will evolve even after the sun becomes a red giant.

I suppose Ash in the pyjama scenes are all flashbacks to the first episode. I genuinely don't see much chances for it to be a reboot.
Last I checked, "I Choose You" was remade as part of the movie of the same name.

If it isn't a reboot, they're certainly being silly in showcasing brand new Bulbasaur and Squirtle instead of Ash's that are already in the lab.

Last I checked, "I Choose You" was remade as part of the movie of the same name.

If it isn't a reboot, they're certainly being silly in showcasing brand new Kanto starters instead of Ash's that are already in the lab.
The movie is irrelevant. Ash's starters are in Oak's lab while the setting in the preview is in Sakuragi's lab. Also Sakuragi's showing the starters for Gou to pick one. The scene with Ash cuddling the starters is just Ash being amazed of them.

"The movie is irrelevant" because you say so? It clearly shows that your conclusion is premature.

Since Go won't even get a Kanto starter, I don't see why Ash wouldn't just show him his own.

"The movie is irrelevant" because you say so? It clearly shows that your conclusion is premature.

Since Go won't even get a Kanto starter, I don't see why Ash wouldn't just show him his own.
I can't say I like your attitude, but still movie is irrelevant because the movie continuity has been separated from the main series since Sun & Moon series had begun. Even if it wasn't the case, it doesn't give a legit reason for the production to reject the ideas of all those what I mentioned - because they are irrelevant?

There is no source confirming Ash won't show his starter Pokémon to Gou. There is no reason for Ash to show his starters, in the other hand. All I see is a scene where Sakuragi is offering one of the starters to pick for Gou, but he coming up that he already has another starter in his mind, apart from those three.

they're certainly being silly in showcasing brand new Bulbasaur and Squirtle instead of Ash's that are already in the lab.
So the Professors are silly for keeping multiple trios of starters instead of just handing out Ash's own (Charizard is fully evolved btw)? They're silly for showcasing a new trio of starters to a new trainer? It's silly for it to not be a reboot right after Olivia's and Ash's scenes in SM145? Okay bruh, nice logic.
Besides, the starters are being shown at Sakuragi's lab, not Oak's.

If it isn't a reboot, they're certainly being silly in showcasing brand new Bulbasaur and Squirtle instead of Ash's that are already in the lab.
Ash's Charizard is fully evolved so it wouldn't make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom