• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN001: Pikachu is Born!

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Storyboard: Yūji Asada
  • Animation directors: Miyako Ota
太田 都 Miyako Ota also worked as an animation director on movie 21. 吉田玲子

Excellent, Yūji Asada has done great work on the series, SM143 being the most recent and M21 had fantastic animation

Please show me the time Ash was there to see the Kanto Starters at Oak's
First of all, what? Where is it implied that he's picking a Kanto starter? He'll most likely witness Gou's start whether at the Sakuragi or Oak labs.
Where was Go when Ash was traveling Kanto with Brock and Misty?
He's travelling with Ash in present time, after his Alola journies, according to the info we have so far. This isn't a retelling of past events.
When did Ash see Pikachu evolve from a Pichu?
He didn't. That counts as Pikachu backstory before EP001, which is basically SS001's premise. Nothing about it says reboot.
When did Ash and Go ride on a Lugia in the OS era?
Huh? How is Ash and Gou riding on a Lugia in present time counting as a reboot again?

For that matter, do you even know what a reboot is? Because all your arguments for it being a reboot are pretty strange and unrelated to a typical reboot scenario.

The trailer didn't really do much to excite me; quite the opposite actually. I'm not sure how much I'll be interested in this new series. I know the plan is to to focus on all regions equally, but all I'm seeing now is Kanto being shoved in my face for the zillionth time. I'm really just wondering how much focus Galar will be getting as a new region.

I know this first episode is meant to introduce everything I'm gonna be patient and wait on the second episode and see how everything starts to build from there.

:cry: It's really happening!!! So many tears are going to be shed and so much love is going to be generated. All I can say is, thank you Mr Yonemura for allowing the series to explore the history of the most important character in the franchise.

They're not using the "PM" acronym because it's used by the Pocket Monsters manga (the one that has Clefairy in it).

Well, I checked Serebii and they're using "PM2019, episode 1:"; more accurate in my opinion but it is what it is.

OMG like many of us predicted: a Pikachu backstory! this is going to be awesome!! :giggle: and emotional for sure :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom