• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN001: Pikachu is Born!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
New Series Episode 1 Advance Screening will be held 11/15 (Friday) 19: 00-20: 00 (planned) Held at a movie theater in 23 wards, Tokyo ️ Invite 100 groups and 200 people by lottery ✨ Please apply! Application method ①
@anipoke_PR
Follow ② RT on 11/6/2019 23:59 Application rules https://bit.ly/31XldhZ

Lucky them who win. We barely have anything regarding this episode outside of the fact that it could be a Pikachu backstory episode. Since a Kangaskhan is involved, there's a chance it's the Safari Zone, so some sort of poaching topic (TR?) might be broached.

Also, think we might see Kaiser and his revolvers if the setting is indeed the Safari Zone?

Also, think we might see Kaiser and his revolvers if the setting is indeed the Safari Zone?

Most likely not...
Not only has it been SO long, but they'd probably like us to pretend it doesn't exists as they do.
Hell, the problem's even worse NOW than it was back then.o_O

Manga should've been PS (Pokemon Special) or PA (Pokemon Adventures)

Too little, too late bro...

I wonder if Pikachu was born at Sakuragi Laboratory. The scene we've been shown could be a flashback Pikachu has upon returning there. Or Ash could find that out somehow and that could be what brings him to the lab.

My take is that it won't be a Pikachu backstory episode at all

I did call it PM001 at first but on checking the upcoming Bulbapedia pages, it was showing as SS001 so I changed it

Ooh ok, I don't like this "SS" prefix for reasons I won't mention here... but the Bulbapedia staff took that decision, oh well, it's still inaccurate because this series is NOT Sword & Shield, I wonder what prefix will Serebii use...

Ooh ok, I don't like this "SS" prefix for reasons I won't mention here... but the Bulbapedia staff took that decision, oh well, it's still inaccurate because this series is NOT Sword & Shield, I wonder what prefix will Serebii use...
They're not using the "PM" acronym because it's used by the Pocket Monsters manga (the one that has Clefairy in it).

Information courtesy of Dephender on Serebii

Title confirmed for the episode, Pikachu is Born

Summary:

In a forest somewhere in Kanto, there once was a lonely Pichu. This Pichu, who was still very young, went through a certain encounter and farewell. This all took place shortly before Satoshi and his partner Pikachu started their journey. This is the story of how everything began.

Information courtesy of Dephender on Serebii

Title confirmed for the episode, Pikachu is Born

Summary:

In a forest somewhere in Kanto, there once was a lonely Pichu. This Pichu, who was still very young, went through a certain encounter and farewell. This all took place shortly before Satoshi and his partner Pikachu started their journey. This is the story of how everything began.
I guess I was right about it being a Pikachu backstory. I hope this series is very heavy on continuity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom