• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN002: Satoshi and Go, Let's Go by Lugia!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he flaunts his smartass/know-it-all attitude from SS001 then that's most likely the case.
I think there was an interview where they mentioned wanting to be careful that he isn't grating. We'll see how it goes, my main concern is if they try to portray him as being as good/better than Ash at battling despite being a newbie while Ash just won a regional league.

a. I really understand why they emphasised making him not too unlikable in the interviews, because he is pretty bloody unlikable.
b. He will never be more unlikable than those dreadful men doing the SM Oha previews thank heavens they're gone!!

Newbie seems to be an understatement. It seems like he hasn't even gotten a starter.

Besides, just because he knows a lot about Pokemon doesn't mean he's experienced with Pokemon battles. Remember those kids from School of Hard Knocks?

Go doesn't seem even so interested in Pokemon battles (except to catch Pokemon). So, I think Ash will definitely be better in that part.

That said, it is very likely that Go is the most calm and intelligent in regular terms. In a preview, they show that Ash wants to go impulsively in one direction, but Go indicates that they must go in opposite direction.

If they have a back and forth, that might be interesting to see. They almost have a rival vibe, which is interesting because they're traveling together. lol

Oh boy, the dub's gonna have a real field trip if this "Go!" catchphrase becomes common.
Why do I get the feeling the dub will change his name and completely phase it out??

What's gonna be his name in the dub? I hope it's just "Go".

I think his name will be mantained as "Go" in the dub. After all, it is a good connection to Pokemon Go (which is pretty popular in western too).

The name of Koharu will probably change in the dub.

:cool: Go: You know what Ash, this is not my first time seeing a legendary pokemon!!! I already saw the great and awesome Mew. I am some sort of legendary magnet. If you travel with me you may be lucky enough to spot a couple of them
:rolleyes: Ash: WoAAw, yOU ARe SO aWEsoMe...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom