• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN003: Fushigisou, Isn't it Mysterious?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Bulbasaur will evolve (Will feel super random after all those years). However, i would love it if Ash's Bulbasaur is involved in this episode.
It won't be that random if it's explained properly. I mean, we're getting a literal first episode dedicated to Pikachu's backstory, something that was considered impossible in the past.

Also, Bulbasaur refused to evolve presumably because it wasn't ready or maybe because it wanted to prove itself. For the former, it's been a long time now so he could be ready... for the latter, he's proven time and again that he's one of Ash's aces.

A filler before Go gets his first Pokemon and the TRio are still Pokemon-less?

Ah well, at least the Bulbasaur line needs more spotlight. Unlike a certain fire type Hopefully they reference Ash's

This sounds a lot like the 'mysterious garden' episode in a bad way. I dislike recycled subplots, but at least I'm not going to hype myself up for nothing by expecting Ash's Bulbasaur to actually appear here, much less evolve.

Perfect opportunity for Ash's Bulbasaur to evolve.

If Ash's Bulbasaur didn't make an appearance here, I don't see what's the point in this episode.
Same. This is the single Kanto mission before the duo head to Galar, so I think it must have more significance than simply being a filler. Letting Bulbasaur evolve now would be an awesome way to start the series and let fans know that they're in for a good time. This series is meant to appeal to fans new and old after all.

Seeing as how the Snorlax in episode 5 is almost guaranteed to be Ash's, it's likely that his Bulbasaur will feature in this episode as well, evolution or not.

Same. This is the single Kanto mission before the duo head to Galar, so I think it must have more significance than simply being a filler. Letting Bulbasaur evolve now would be an awesome way to start the series and let fans know that they're in for a good time. This series is meant to appeal to fans new and old after all.

Seeing as how the Snorlax in episode 5 is almost guaranteed to be Ash's, it's likely that his Bulbasaur will feature in this episode as well, evolution or not.

I really doubt the Snorlax in Episode 4 is Ash's.

I mean, they are in Galar at that time. It seems unlikely Ash travel with Snorlax to Galar.

So... does this mean we are in for flashbacks about Ash's Bulbasaur? Because if Ash's Bulbasaur indeed appears, there would need to be some explanation. No "everyone knows Ash had a Bulbasaur and that particular episode about Ash getting Bulbasaur" - that was twenty years ago and obviously five-year-olds today won't know that unless someone took the time to tell them.

But it isn't?

I get why people could think Ash's Bulbasaur is in this episode, but saying he takes Snorlax with him to Galar is a bit of a stretch. It'd be awesome, don't get me wrong but I think people are getting their hopes up too much on that.

If Ash's Bulbasaur does appear though, I hope they touch on his past refusal and don't just brush over it.

SSlwsYQ.jpg

Artwork for the episode~

Ash: Wow, seeing Bulbasaur evolve to so cool! If only my Bulbasaur had evolved

Yeah, that is if he still remembers he has a collection of Pokémon, including a Bulbasaur.

That said, I don't think this episode will be about Ash's Bulbasaur, let alone making it evolve. Sounds so random. Adding to that, looking at that picture, it looks like he has never seen a Bulbasaur evolve into a Ivysaur, even though he has seen it once before in the first season of the Pokémon Series. Then again, I shouldn't expect much as Ash is known to "forget about the Pokémon he has seen before" whenever he comes back to Pallet Town.

I like to call it "Iforgothis" or "Whatsthis" syndrome, a unique condition only found in Ash Ketchum's head. Maybe its something unique to Pallet Town, don't know.

And yes, this is a joke :LOL:

Adding to that, looking at that picture, it looks like he has never seen a Bulbasaur evolve into a Ivysaur, even though he has seen it once before in the first season of the Pokémon Series.
I think that's just him being fascinated by the evolution. Give Ash some credit to remember past things.

I think that's just him being fascinated by the evolution. Give Ash some credit to remember past things.

Giving Ash credit, even some, is only possible if i were able to sell a bridge from my backyard, which is like....well...never.

I will be surprised IF he remembers Bulbasaur though....that would be a start. But his Bulbasaur evolving....yeah, no. I have more luck trying to win the lottery, which I never do :LOL:

Just pointing out that the blurb says Ash sees a group of Ivysaur traveling to the garden. This seems to imply that the single Bulbasaur we see in the artwork is an outlier and was likely brought by Ash himself. My theory is that all of those Ivysaur are the Bulbasaur we saw evolve in OS, where Ash's Bulbasaur was left as the last Bulbasaur. This explains the odd detail that it's a group of Ivysaur, not Bulbasaur like last time. Why would Ash's Bulbasaur evolve now after all these years you ask? For the same reason that his Cyndaquil evolved in DP. Because it would just be cool.

A quick side note. If his Bulbasaur evolves then Ash would officially have each of the Pokemon that the Pokemon Trainer has in Smash. I cool nod if nothing else.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom