• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN003: Fushigisou, Isn't it Mysterious?

Ash never needed plot armor of any kind to beat them, what happened in Fujisaku exclusive episodes stays Fujisaku exclusive.
It’s actually one of the few times he battles them, and there’s nothing that makes it "not count" other than some of us hating Fujisaku (I don’t like his episodes, too). That episode is also significant as a trial for Ash, and actually, ironically if we remove all the stereotypical Fujisaku elements from the episode Pikachu should’ve lost.

Fujisaku or not, Mimikyu was a very powerful Pokémon TRio owned. I just wish some development resulted in it obeying Jessie to some extent.

I find the gacha machine really weird and I'm not sure what to think about it. Did the episode explain if TR are actually carrying all these Pokémon around or is it a teleporter linked up to TR headquarters?

So far they seem to be avoiding a reset (if Pikachu loses to Scorbunny next episode I'd be willing to chalk it up to Scorbunny having inflated power to make it look good, depending on how future episodes go), I mean Pikachu needed Ivysaur to tank for a bit but he was being ganged up on by two very powerful species, and I like that Ash seems to be consistently shown as physically fit instead of turning into clumsy!Ash.

I find the gacha machine really weird and I'm not sure what to think about it. Did the episode explain if TR are actually carrying all these Pokémon around or is it a teleporter linked up to TR headquarters?

I think we should wait for the subbed version to come out to clarify that

When watching the episode live, I was saying that the net could be cut with Razor Leaf but they had Pikachu use Iron Tail instead

“TRio are losers” folks seem to be forgetting that Ash literally needed Fujisaku-plot-armour to defeat them in Sun/Moon. In fact, as far as I remember, the TRio are the only targets of Pikashunium-Z that wasn’t a legendary Pokemon.

They could have their own Pokemon and be competent at the same time. I’m not really digging the rentals concept at all and hope that it’s temporary. It’s great for one episode, but not really as a sustainable thing. Team Rocket has the potential to have really good character development with their Pokemon and this system takes away all that opportunity. It’s a horrible regression after Sun/Moon with Mareanie and Mimikyu.
That “plot armor” happened one time in the entire S/M series. What’s the excuse for literally every one of their appearances outside of that? There were points in which they lost to the classmates’ barely trained Pokémon. If anything, it was plot armor for them to even stand a chance against Ash in the first place given the difficult opponents Ash’s Pokémon have weathered. At the end of the day, what else is there to call a group that has stalked a 10 year old for 20+ years and accomplished absolutely nothing in that span for the organization they represent other than losers?

Why are they using random Pokemon that is not their's after the success that was Mimikyu/Marinie? I felt like I was watching a random SM Filler.

If they were meant to be legendaries, the evidence of that wouldn't be limited to mere code. That said, UBs are certainly equivalent to minor legendaries in terms of power.

HELP GUYS IM SO COMFUSED SORRY I DONT UNDERSTAND JAPANESE NO ENG SUBTTILES

did Jessie and James keeping gyardoys and tyrantor as gift from Giovanni? Their no updates on Jessie or James page at all

HELP GUYS IM SO COMFUSED SORRY I DONT UNDERSTAND JAPANESE NO ENG SUBTTILES

did Jessie and James keeping gyardoys and tyrantor as gift from Giovanni? Their no updates on Jessie or James page at all
They're rental ones given to them by Giovanni, technically it's not theirs and they're only borrowing it from him.

They're rental ones given to them by Giovanni, technically it's not theirs and they're only borrowing it from him.
And to add to that, it’s done via a gacha machine so whatever Pokémon they get is basically random.

I feel something like that would have been more interesting with different villains that weren’t TRio. While with other villains, the gacha mechanic would keep Ash and Go on their feet with the unpredictability, with it being TRio, you can give them strong Pokémon, but they aren’t skilled trainers and are expected to lose embarrassingly. At very least with other villains, they can lose but still be a threat like Hunter J, Team Magma/Aqua, etc.

And to add to that, it’s done via a gacha machine so whatever Pokémon they get is basically random.

I feel something like that would have been more interesting with different villains that weren’t TRio. While with other villains, the gacha mechanic would keep Ash and Go on their feet with the unpredictability, with it being TRio, you can give them strong Pokémon, but they aren’t skilled trainers and are expected to lose embarrassingly. At very least with other villains, they can lose but still be a threat like Hunter J, Team Magma/Aqua, etc.
Since they lost. They don’t have gyardos abd tyrantor Why isn’t their pages updated about it

They aren't skilled trainers: Gladion wants a word with you. James gave him a run for his money and only lost because Gladion had plot armor.

They aren't skilled trainers: Gladion wants a word with you. James gave him a run for his money and only lost because Gladion had plot armor.
James hardly gave Gladion a run for his money. Look back at the battle, Mareanie had taken quite a beating while Lycanroc was still looking fresh by the time James used his z-move. Only thing that even surprised Gladion was that they still had the energy left to use a z-move. On top of that, how is it plot armor that Gladion used a strategy that had been used multiple times in the series by having one z-move cancel out another?

Edit: Maybe if we are lucky Giovanni actually put Team Rocket’s old Pokémon in the Gacha.

It would be funny if they end up getting their original Arbok and Weezing from the Gacha and we get a small flashback about how they ended up captured by TR goons while allowing their Arbok/Weezing friends to escape.

Okay, the new design for the Rocket balls are awesome! Kinda hope the TRio get to use that on their own captures
But I'm not a fan of this system... is Ash supposed to be the only one able to beat them? What about Go and Kotaru? These aren't Pokemon raised by the TRio for pete sakes, they're raised by the elite themselves! The whole entire org will look like a joke if one of them beats the TRio!

Also.... why Pelipper? Bring back Delibird you cowards!

Overall a pretty boring episode only saved by Team Rocket.
Not a fan of Jenny's new look either, but at least they remembered Kanto Jenny has Growlithe.

Episode was meh, however... This new composer is effectively ruining the show. It sounds like the JP version is now using dub music. The music during the TR encounter was laughably bad. Bring Miyazaki back please.

Okay, the new design for the Rocket balls are awesome! Kinda hope the TRio get to use that on their own captures
But I'm not a fan of this system... is Ash supposed to be the only one able to beat them? What about Go and Kotaru? These aren't Pokemon raised by the TRio for pete sakes, they're raised by the elite themselves! The whole entire org will look like a joke if one of them beats the TRio!

Also.... why Pelipper? Bring back Delibird you cowards!

Overall a pretty boring episode only saved by Team Rocket.
Not a fan of Jenny's new look either, but at least they remembered Kanto Jenny has Growlithe.
Maybe Delibird can’t carry that looks heavy

An okay filler episode. I'm glad that Team Rocket have retained their personality. Jessie not knowing any of Gyarados' attacks while James had no problems was a nice touch. I kind of like Ash and Gou's relationship, the small feud they had in the alley about assisting wild animals (Pokemon) was surprisingly mature. That said it's only episode three and Gou seems ready to propose to him, so I wonder if they're portraying his feminine side a bit too strongly.

I'm not really digging Mr. Mime becoming a main cast member, and am I the only one who thinks Pikachu has been a little too talkative lately? As for the Rotom-dexes, Gou's is almost as annoying as the last one but Ash's seems to be pretty subdued and sounds like a nice gentleman. Also, Ash not recollecting his own Bulbasaur at all in this episode is disappointing.

I have to say between the music, characters and everything else, this whole series seems really un-Pokemon so far. It's not bad but it's going to take a minute to get used to. It's so modern that it doesn't feel like the Pokemon world anymore, it just feels like the real world with Pokemon in it. Maybe that's the Detective Pikachu influence. Pokemon used to feel like a fantasy setting, I mean everyone traveled by blimp until BW. I never thought I would hear the sentence, "Satoshi, do you have a smart phone?".

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom