• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN003: Fushigisou, Isn't it Mysterious?

I really hope Jessie and James get some proper Pokemon of their own this series and don't just keep renting them from the vending machine. While it's cool to see them with a Gyarados and a Tyranitar, that just means that those Pokemon are going to get flattened every time they appear, which is pretty disappointing considering their portrayal in the anime up to now.

I'm not a fan of the Rocket motto animation. It feels way too random, like they took different motto animations and spliced it together like they frequently did back in AG and DP. The Kalos and Alola mottos felt a lot more uniform and this doesn't. I really hope this isn't what we see for the rest of the series and they change it up. At least it's the OG motto, though, which is a huge plus.

I have to say between the music, characters and everything else, this whole series seems really un-Pokemon so far. It's not bad but it's going to take a minute to get used to. It's so modern that it doesn't feel like the Pokemon world anymore, it just feels like the real world with Pokemon in it. Maybe that's the Detective Pikachu influence. Pokemon used to feel like a fantasy setting, I mean everyone traveled by blimp until BW. I never thought I would hear the sentence, "Satoshi, do you have a smart phone?".

I liked that Ash wasn't familiar with smartphones, suggesting they're not as ubiquitous as the real world.

I read some translated article recently (might have been from Twitter?) saying how there's a country/city difference between Ash and Go. I wonder if it's a bigger difference between country life and city life in-universe than in real life.

I liked seeing the flashback of the Machop stomping the land flat in the construction of the new Gym, as if an answer to the question of what that old man was building the world first asked nearly a quarter of a century ago.

Other than that though the episode really didn't have that much to offer, basically just being an attempt to revive any nostalgia viewers might have had for the original Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden, but seemingly made by people who didn't understand what made that episode good in the first place. I do like that it worked as something of a sequel, where for all we know all the Ivysaur in this episode could have been the ones that evolved from Bulbasaur in that episode, completing their evolution cycle after 20 years of waiting, but yeah, other than that it seemed like a somewhat half-hearted attempt at remaking that episode. It could have been worse, but it's not giving me high hopes for the series thus far.

See Meowth being a taken from Dragonite. That it the new blast.

Let's see....Seeing the evolution of Fushigis was a good opportunity. In the story, a building has been built, disturbing the life cycle of the Pokémon just like we do here.

More character details have been added to Satoshi and Go. Satoshi is agile, strong and an extrovert whereas Go is intelligent and keeps-to-self and a bit egoistic. However they may fight, it can't be denied that they like each other

Team Rocket battle: seriously? This is what the con of this episode. Pikachu's overpowered, it defeats Tyranitar. They didn't even bring their own Pokémon

Rating 3.6/5

Okay Lets REWIEW!!!
TEAM ROCKET RETURNS:love::love::love:
The Battle Was Decent:cautious:
The Start And Mid of the Episode was Boring:sleep:
PIKACHU HIT TYRANITAR WITH THUNDERBOLT:mad:
This Episode was the Defenition of BORING But the End Was Decent so 4/10

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom