• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections. Applications are due by November 26th.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

PREVIEW: SS006: Catch a Lot of Pokemon! The Path to Mew!!

Always happy to help
Reaction score
Ooo, looks like they're focusing on bug types this episode

Reaction score
Is this going to be in Johto, for the Bug Catching Competition?

Always happy to help
Reaction score
Is this going to be in Johto, for the Bug Catching Competition?
Much as I would love to see that happen again, the fact that only Generation I Bug Types are featured might imply Kanto

Reaction score
So if Go actually does get to catch all these bugs, I guess that means we shouldn't expect a whole lot of his Pokemon to get characterization? Similar to Red in Origins, where he just catches stuff

I don't mind if that's the case, if Go's goal is to 'catch lots of Pokemon' yet he ends his course on the cast with less than 10-15 Pokemon, then needless to say it'd be quite underwhelming! Perhaps it could even be a plot point later, Go sees how close Ash is with all of his Pokemon and realizes having 100+ Pokemon isn't a good thing if he's never spent time with any of them save for Scorbunny

The Coolest Character in the Worst Series
Reaction score
Could this be Parasect and Pinsir's time to shine?!

Stuck
Reaction score
He might actually use Scyther since it was included in some merchandise alongside Charizard and others. Plus, its False Swipe move is ideal for catching.

Always happy to help
Reaction score
I'm hoping that Venonat and Venomoth get some time to shine in this episode

Reaction score
Much as I would love to see that happen again, the fact that only Generation I Bug Types are featured might imply Kanto
Well, interestingly the only Pokémon that can be captured in the Bug Catching Competition are Kanto Pokemon. But the episode in Johto is a couple episodes apart from this one.

I still feel a bit odd about jumping from one region to another, wonder how it’s actually going to be.

Always happy to help
Reaction score
Well, interestingly the only Pokémon that can be captured in the Bug Catching Competition are Kanto Pokemon. But the episode in Johto is a couple episodes apart from this one.
True but would love to see Bug types from all regions featured more more variety

Reaction score
True but would love to see Bug types from all regions featured more more variety
Oh I love Bug Pokémon, I’d be so happy if Gou caught one for his regular team- though a Gen 1 Bug type isn’t super enthralling...

Last edited:
Always happy to help
Reaction score
Would love to see Go get a Scyther as Tracey's got very little screen time, maybe evolve into Scizor through a trade back evolution

ポケモンGetto Daze
Reaction score
Since this episode will probably focus more on Gou's goal of catching all Pokemon and find Mew It'll be very cool withn Gou has a bug type in his Pokemon team. One of my expectations of him catching a bug type is probably a Scyther or Pinsir for episode 6.

Always happy to help
Reaction score
Would certainly be nice to see Go catch a bug type, I'm hoping Scyther as it hasn't had much focus in the anime