• Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!
  • Hello all! The staff is planning a restructuring to the forums on April 11th. Please see this announcement thread for details.

PREVIEW: SS006: Catch a Lot of Pokemon! The Path to Mew!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Reaction score
Had we ever had a companion that was this capture happy before? Most of the ones I remember were like Ash in that they rarely caught any Pokemon and the ones they did catch would be part of their team, be it for performance or battle. Go seems like the kind of trainer to send them back to the lab because I doubt he will have an all bug team plus rabbit. :p

Reaction score
Had we ever had a companion that was this capture happy before? Most of the ones I remember were like Ash in that they rarely caught any Pokemon and the ones they did catch would be part of their team, be it for performance or battle. Go seems like the kind of trainer to send them back to the lab because I doubt he will have an all bug team plus rabbit. :p
It reminds me of Gary now that you mention it. In the episode that Ash caught a Krabby, it's revealed that Gary caught about 20 of them and sent them to Oak.

Reaction score
Yeah I feel that if Scorbuny is that powerful to take out that much Pokemon, it will wipe out Pikachu going by Anime Logic.

マーシャンミスター
Reaction score
In SS002 Gou still had no interest in getting any pokémon other than Mew, so I wonder what will change his mind about that.

The Coolest Eeveelution
Reaction score
In SS002 Gou still had no interest in getting any pokémon other than Mew, so I wonder what will change his mind about that.
Probably some experience in the episode where he actually catches Scorbunny. We'll have to wait and see.

Lets have a Blast
Reaction score
Its nice that Go is taking his dream seriously about catching every Pokemon, I get the feeling though non of these bug types will get much focus or development

If one was to get focus and development and be on Go's main team, I would love it if it was Venonat as Tracey's barely got any

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
The Kanto bug selection has been seen many times and I personally think most of them are boring, but if Go were to keep any of them I’d rather it be Paras/Parasect since it’s quite unique and hasn’t had much focus. Or maybe a Scyther but only if it evolves.

I’ve seen enough of Butterfree, Beedrill and Pinsir and it’s getting boring.

Lets have a Blast
Reaction score
The Paras and Venonat lines could certainly do with some focus

As productive as a tortoise
Reaction score
I assume the early route bugs are going to be creeping around the professor’s yard for a while hoping to become relevant

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
I wish there could be slightly more variety in the bug types, maybe Johto critters like Heracross or something since they won’t be doing bug focused episodes again probably.

Lets have a Blast
Reaction score
I wish there could be slightly more variety in the bug types, maybe Johto critters like Heracross or something since they won’t be doing bug focused episodes again probably.
I'm guessing this episode is sent in Kanto, hence the Kanto bugs

I'm hoping Go might use some net balls or other variety of Poke Balls then the plan Poke Balls

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
I'm guessing this episode is sent in Kanto, hence the Kanto bugs
I know, that’s why the only other region I suggested was Johto since there’s often a mixing of species within Kanto and Johto.

The Coolest Eeveelution
Reaction score
Could we finally be getting the first episode since The Legend of Dratini where more than two Pokémon are caught by main characters in a single episode? Sounds like it, and I'm excited.

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
I’m not really going to be fond of the arrangement if Go will just capture lots of Pokémon only for them to rot at the lab. Pokemon Go mechanics don’t really translate well to the anime where Pokémon are living sentient brings.

Lets have a Blast
Reaction score
It feels to me like Go will be like Red from Pokemon Origins, set out to catch all the Pokemon but rarely use them

Sort off reminds me of Ash in Unova

Lets have a Blast
Reaction score
Off all the Kanto bugs, the hardest to catch are Scyther and Pinsir unless I'm mistaken

Status
Not open for further replies.