• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN006: Catch a Lot of Pokemon! The Path to Mew!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if Go actually does get to catch all these bugs, I guess that means we shouldn't expect a whole lot of his Pokemon to get characterization? Similar to Red in Origins, where he just catches stuff

I don't mind if that's the case, if Go's goal is to 'catch lots of Pokemon' yet he ends his course on the cast with less than 10-15 Pokemon, then needless to say it'd be quite underwhelming! Perhaps it could even be a plot point later, Go sees how close Ash is with all of his Pokemon and realizes having 100+ Pokemon isn't a good thing if he's never spent time with any of them save for Scorbunny

He might actually use Scyther since it was included in some merchandise alongside Charizard and others. Plus, its False Swipe move is ideal for catching.

Much as I would love to see that happen again, the fact that only Generation I Bug Types are featured might imply Kanto

Well, interestingly the only Pokémon that can be captured in the Bug Catching Competition are Kanto Pokemon. But the episode in Johto is a couple episodes apart from this one.

I still feel a bit odd about jumping from one region to another, wonder how it’s actually going to be.

True but would love to see Bug types from all regions featured more more variety

Oh I love Bug Pokémon, I’d be so happy if Gou caught one for his regular team- though a Gen 1 Bug type isn’t super enthralling...

Last edited:
Since this episode will probably focus more on Gou's goal of catching all Pokemon and find Mew It'll be very cool withn Gou has a bug type in his Pokemon team. One of my expectations of him catching a bug type is probably a Scyther or Pinsir for episode 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom