• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN006: Catch a Lot of Pokémon! The Path to Mew!!

Pokemon Go mobile game references so many of it. Only funny thing is got blasted off by pokemon for being retaliation. Nonetheless, it an okay episode that is pretty lame and rush.

Overall rating: B-

Have to admit I found Go catching so many Pokemon nearly impossible, especially when you consider how many Go actually battled against

Was nice to see they kept the old Joy design

Boring, dull and uninteresting are the very three words that can be used to describe this tediously tedious episode in the history of tediously tedious stuff.

I didn’t care about Go catching a bunch of mons and I sure didn’t care about what was going on around him (either with himself or Ash being bombarded with poorly written humour).
In fact, the best part of the episode was having one of his Poke balls thrown back at his face which you dun goofed up if that was the best you can offer.

Jesus Christ, this is gonna be such a miserable and soulless little series and such a downgrade from Sun & Moon if this bad episode ratio keeps up.

Last edited:
Easily the weakest episode so far this series. It was just watching somebody play Pokémon Go in Viridian Forest for 20 minutes. Seeing Go catch everything first ball with no battle except for like 2 things got old really fast. It was nice to see Ash give Go advice, but other than that one scene this episode really didn't have a lot going for it. Hopefully next week will be better. I'm also getting a bit sick of that Camp Pikachu-esque rodeo music the guy seems to like using so much. That music style worked for Camp Pikachu because that had a western setting, but he keeps using it in scenes where it doesn't work at all. At least hearing the game music during the Pinsir scene was nice.

I had high hopes for this episode but it certainly seemed a disappointment

What on Earth was Ash doing whilst off-screen

Hope he wasn't catching something off-screen

The conflict of today's episode was... nothing?

As a showcase for Pokemon Go/Let's Go, it did it's job, I guess. They even had the Pokedex say "Excellent!" whenever Gou's throw landed. However, my fear that Gou's goal of catching everything would reduce the Pokemon to just statistics was realised in this episode. Maybe I'm too used to the old way of doing things, but I didn't have fun watching Gou catch a bunch bugs with no background or personality to them. Even the Scyther he caught, the only thing that put up a bit of a fight, was just there. Catching a Pokemon should be exciting because it's adding new members to the cast, but I can't say I'm excited at all about any of these bugs.

The only scene that had a pulse was at the end, when Gou was getting eaten by Pinsir and Ash was a cocoon hanging from the top bunk. That was an amusing sight gag that exhibited some personality. Otherwise, this episode felt by-the-numbers.

A main character just caught 12 Pokémon and I’m just speechless, not in a good way.

It’s barely worth giving my opinion... Is this what this series is?

Tell me Ash as least said “wow, Caterpie was my first capture as well” or at the very least “I’ve caught lots of Pokémon too”

P_S_B said:
It was just watching somebody play Pokémon Go in Viridian Forest

They were in the anime-only Kuchiba (Vermilion) Forest, actually.

VTP-Dawkins93 said:
The conflict of today's episode was... nothing?

Now if only there was a trio of villains right there in the Kanto Region who could provide some much-needed conflict to this series...

(at least the next episode seems to have something resembling an antagonist...)

L-05308 said:
Tell me Ash as least said “wow, Caterpie was my first capture as well” or at the very least “I’ve caught lots of Pokémon too”

No, and no.

Now if only there was a trio of villains right there in the Kanto Region who could provide some much-needed conflict to this series...

(at least the next episode seems to have something resembling an antagonist...)

Never thought I'd be desperate for a token Team Rocket appearance, but here we are.

Even with Team Rocket it would still have been a dull filler episode, but at least it would likely have been less dull than what we got. The fact that it's not actually a filler episode makes it that much worse for it to be as crap as it was.

As a veteran Pokémon GO player, the idea of a protagonist going around catching all Pokémon in an anime series would be interesting. But the concept isn't easy to adapt and keep interesting in the long term. And we've seen what disaster can happen when a character has to juggle with too many Pokémon before, during Best Wishes.

References to GO are okay, but only in little doses. The app has been around for over three years, and in the process of introducing Unova Pokémon (and maybe Runerigus). It's not as popular as when it started, but retains a loyal following to this day. But dedicating a whole anime series to it while pushing SwSh to the sidelines isn't going to bold well in the long term.

PS: Why promote Scyther when it and Scizor aren't even in SwSh anyway?

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom