• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN007: The Hoenn Region, Site of Fierce Fights! The Battle Frontier Challenge!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Explain how an integral part of Ash's team counts as an "easter egg of zero relevance" according to you...

I wonder if you're serious about the "zero relevance" part or are just trolling.
Nothing on that shelf matters when Ash only goes home for two episodes - it's just a "hey, remember these other series that you spent the past twenty years watching? Yes? Alright, on with the new series. We won't be back here for years."

That's called an easter egg, and has zero relevance to the overall series.

Easter eggs tend to be things that are hidden and more in the background (like, say, Ash's Sinnoh stuff from In the Shadow of Zekrom!). But, in this case, the camera actually focuses on all of Ash's trophies and badges for a good couple of seconds. So, no, they're not just irrelevant easter eggs.

Staff

Screenplay: Deko Akao
Episode Director: Naoki Murata
Storyboard: Noriaki Saito
Animation Supervisors: Yuko Kato, Shun Okawa
≫赤尾でこ 村田尚樹 齋藤徳明 加藤祐子、大川駿

I don't know any of these people, which is probably a good thing because at least Mr. Fujisaku isn't listed which is a victory in itself.

I can understand why a person would be upset tbh. I'm sure 95% of the people here and on other platforms would prefer a Full Traditional Galar Saga over this if this World-Tour didn't include Past Characters. To be fair, the only reason people were even hyped for this was that we could see Past Pokemon and Past Characters.

I'm not so sure about this. I mean, there are fans who only care about the Pokemon.

Honestly, the stars of the Pokemon anime are the Pokemon, not the human characters. Not to mention that most of the merchandise is based in the Pokemon.

So, the staff probably don't care so much about old companions.

This World Tour allows to focus in many different Pokemon in their original habitat (like the first poster has shown). That's probaby the main reason for the World Tour concept.

You do realize Ash's reserves also count as Pokemon?
Yeah. That's why I was speaking about old companions.

That said, apart from some exceptions like Ash's Charizard, I really doubt Ash reserves are so popular. At least, not popular enough that another Pokemon of the same species cannot replace it as merchandise promotion.

I mean, if the staff think Ash's Bulbasaur is so important, he would probably be mentioned in Episode 3.

Last edited:
Yeah. That's why I was speaking about old companions.

That said, apart from some exceptions like Ash's Charizard, I really doubt Ash reserves are so popular. At least, not popular enough that another Pokemon of the same species cannot replace it as merchandise promotion.

I mean, if the staff think Ash's Bulbasaur is so important, he would probably be mentioned in Episode 3.
Lmao? Bulbasaur is easily one of the most popular Pokemon out there. Other than Unova about which you're partially right, where are you asspulling this info from?

Lmao? Bulbasaur is easily one of the most popular Pokemon out there. Other than Unova about which you're partially right, where are you asspulling this info from?

Fine. So, if Ash's Bulbasaur is so popular and irreplaceable to promote merchandise, why Ash's Bulbasaur wasn't even mentioned in Episode 3?

I've never said Bulbasaur wasn't popular. However, I'm not so sure Ash's Bulbasaur (one of his most popular reserves) is so important or popular that they can't put other Bulbasaur to promote its merchandise.

My main point of Ash reserves is that "most of them are not popular enough that another Pokemon of the same species cannot replace it as merchandise promotion".

Last edited:
Staff

Screenplay: Deko Akao
Episode Director: Naoki Murata
Storyboard: Noriaki Saito
Animation Supervisors: Yuko Kato, Shun Okawa
≫赤尾でこ 村田尚樹 齋藤徳明 加藤祐子、大川駿
Two new animators I presume...

Yuko Kato has mostly done in-between animation for various shows and movies as well as voicing characters such as Sumiko Kobayashi from Detective Conan and Timmy's mom in the Japanese dub of Fairly OddParents and I can't find anything about Shun Okawa.

Fine. So, if Ash's Bulbasaur is so popular a irreplaceable to promote merchandise, why Ash's Bulbasaur wasn't even mentioned in Episode 3?
I have no clue what the writers were high on and how their mind works...
I've never said Bulbasaur wasn't popular. However, I'm not so sure Ash's Bulbasaur (one of his most popular reserves) is so important or popular that they can't put other Bulbasaur to promote its merchandise.

My main point of Ash reserves is that "most of them are not popular enough that another Pokemon of the same species cannot replace it as merchandise promotion".
You do realize that bringing back his reserve of any certain species to represent that species as a whole only adds to potential character development and makes the episode more interesting to watch? I'll give you the context of SS003 itself, the general opinion of it was that it was boring and pointless. If Ash's Bulbasaur was part of that then there was potential for positives there. At worst, it would have turned out the same as SS003... at best it would have been amazing to watch.

TL;DR - Returning characters, whether human or Pokemon can only add to the positive aspect of the series. I can't see any way they can damage an episode and "NeW fAnS wIlL bE cOnFuSeD" is one of the worst and baseless assumption.

The writer's never put in a situation where Ash could recall his Bulbasaur, like one resisting evolution.

TL;DR - Returning characters, whether human or Pokemon can only add to the positive aspect of the series. I can't see any way they can damage an episode and "NeW fAnS wIlL bE cOnFuSeD" is one of the worst and baseless assumption.
But so far... they're not doing it

There's no appeal to a series that has all the previous regions if it doesn't include past characters and Pokemon.

There is an appeal in the concept of 8 regions even if past characters don't return. The World Tour concept has an attractive in itself.

Even if past character return, this will be for one or two characters. They could do this, even if the season was exclusively focus on Galar.

So, I really doubt the World Tour concept exists to bring old characters back.

But so far... they're not doing it
And that's the baffling part. They tried to create a pseudo Bulba Garden episode without absolutely anything linking back to the original much less Ash's Bulbasaur, and look how boring that turned out.
There is an appeal in the concept of 8 regions even if past characters don't return. The World Tour concept has an attractive in itself.

Even if past character return, this will be for one or two characters. They could do this, even if the season was exclusively focus on Galar.

So, I really doubt the World Tour concept exists to bring old characters back.
SS003 shows how dry and boring this "world tour" idea on its own will be. What makes the anime so interesting to watch are the characters, and past characters will only add more flavor.

I'd like you to elaborate on this in detail btw. It doesn't mesh well with your other comment.
There is an appeal in the concept of 8 regions even if past characters don't return.

I'd like you to elaborate on this in detail btw. It doesn't mesh well with your other comment.

In general, I think the World Tour concept is interesting in itself. I'm curious to see how this concept will be developed. Also, I want to see the Pokemon in these regions.

I remember I was interested in this concept since I see the first poster, although I've never expected past characters will return.

I think that's the main appeal for the World Tour concept.

Want to know about how the general idea of the World Tour concept will turn out? Take SS003, multiply it and set it in different regions. That's how.

But I see you like going in circles without even acknowledging the detailed points that I listed previously. So be it.

If I cited that part, it is because you asked me to detail why I think the World Tour concept has an apeal in itself. I wasn't trying to go in circles, so don't accuse me of that.

What details you pointed? Your opinion that Episode 3 is boring and dry?

I really like Episode 3. I don't feel it was boring or dry.

Honestly, Episode 3 wasn't so different from a lot of Episodes in past seasons where Ash and his companions have self-contained adventures. So, I don't see how the World Tour concept is the problem when it will probably happen the same in a Galar centric season.

That said, I think Episode 3 show some things for the future as Go problems with friendship. Also, maybe that Gym under construction wil have a role in the future.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom