• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN007: The Hoenn Region, Site of Fierce Fights! The Battle Frontier Challenge!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just realized that the Battle Frontier's last appearance in games was in Gen IV as it never made it into the ORAS remakes. How peculiar that the anime decides to advertise something that has been out of focus for nearly 10 years.

Will any of the Battle Frontier brains appear or will they made an anime original BFB?

The closest thing I can see them using that's remotely related to the Battle Frontier from Hoenn would be the Battle Tent from Emerald. Still don't think it was worth putting "Battle Frontier" in the title for a battle tournament episode, even if they were gonna use the Battle Tent.

Considering the format of the series, I expect this to be a generic rushed tournament with nothing at stake.

I just realized that the Battle Frontier's last appearance in games was in Gen IV as it never made it into the ORAS remakes. How peculiar that the anime decides to advertise something that has been out of focus for nearly 10 years.

I think that they're just going with the nostalgia angle and are promoting the BF because a lot of older fans remember it. Even if newer fans might not know what the BF even is, at least this episode feels like a callback for the sake of Emerald fanatics.

Remembers that Dawn and Serena are in Hoenn DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS?!?!?

I'm kidding. It'd be nice to see them again, but I won't hold my breath.

You could say that about Ecruteak City (HGSS are 10 years old and the city just got a brief cameo in DP), and yet there will be an episode about the real place and not just some random substitute. They probably just used "Battle Frontier" to make it sound more interesting than it really is.

Honest question: Does anyone really care all that much about the Frontier Brains? Even Brandon got his dues in DP and that should be enough. Now, an episode about Anabel as a detective might be a different story, although that would be hard to pull off without aging.

Last edited:
You could say that about Ecruteak City (HGSS are 10 years old and the city just got a brief cameo in DP), and yet there will be an episode about the real place and not just some random substitute. They probably just used "Battle Frontier" to make it sound more interesting than it really is.

Honest question: Does anyone really care all that much about the Frontier Brains? Even Brandon got his dues in DP and that should be enough. Now, an episode about Anabel as a detective might be a different story, although that would be hard to pull off without aging.

I mean, not all of them...but if we can see Tucker again, then heck yeah!

AG is non-canon purely because of what they did to Steven

It would be so hilarious if they pulled from ORAS and just had the Battle Frontier location planned out with a huge sign saying that they're building a Battle Facility, and everything is just 1 vs 1 or an early version of the Battle Factory. If AG had the Battle Frontier established in Kanto, there's no reason they couldn't take from ORAS and say they're building a new one in Hoenn.

AG is non-canon

Um.. no, it's not? Steven barely appeared in one, single episode of AG. Him getting a personality overhaul in XY doesn't suddenly decanonize the entire AG saga (since we barely saw any of his personality; not to mention that said episode was over two and a half series before his second appearance, so he's had enough time to open himself to others more (and he even became champion during that)), nor does it excuse this kind of blatant clickbait and/or complete disregard for continuity (depending on whether the Battle Frontier actually appears in this episode and what kind of "Battle Frontier" this is gonna be).

Um.. no, it's not? Steven barely appeared in one, single episode of AG. Him getting a personality overhaul in XY doesn't suddenly decanonize the entire AG saga (since we barely saw any of his personality; not to mention that said episode was over two and a half series before his second appearance, so he's had enough time to open himself to others more (and he even became champion during that)), nor does it excuse this kind of blatant clickbait and/or complete disregard for continuity (depending on whether the Battle Frontier actually appears in this episode and what kind of "Battle Frontier" this is gonna be).
My guess is @Kyriaki was just joking about Hoenn not being canon.

Well, there was more than just a personality overhaul to Steven, to be frank. I refuse to accept Lance was chosen to stop Team Magma and Aqua!

And well, I'm not sure what to say. They did show Ash's achievements and his trophies and stuff, but it is still entirely possible to completely disregard that and create a new episode without any referencing to the past.

They did show Ash's achievements and his trophies and stuff, but it is still entirely possible to completely disregard that and create a new episode without any referencing to the past.
Do you realize how self-contradictory this sentence is in a series that's supposed to be in all regions and a continuation in the same timeline?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom