• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN007: The Hoenn Region, Site of Fierce Fights! The Battle Frontier Challenge!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If its a reserve, there is no need to keep it a secret, especially if its one of the top battlers.
The need to keep it a secret would be the audience questioning who’s it going to be.

I will not be surprised in the slightest if Charizard popped out of a Pokeball.

I don’t think Mimey will be battling due to reasons mentioned by many users. It could end up there but the possibility is really slim imo.

If Ash was going to catch a new pokemon, especially if it is a new pokemon from Gen 8, there's no way they would have been this silent about it. Look at how much they promoted Froakie before Kalos.

If Ash was going to catch a new pokemon, especially if it is a new pokemon from Gen 8, there's no way they would have been this silent about it. Look at how much they promoted Froakie before Kalos.
They have been pretty silent about... mostly everything, lately. But at this point, with the games out and this new anime series quite launched, I don't know if it really makes sense to not show stuff.

I have a feeling that this episode is going hammer the point about type advantage not being everything. Maybe this episode highlights the difference between the boys again with Go being analytical (choosing Scyther based on type advantage) and Ash being intuitive. So maybe the "risk" in this episode for Ash is his mystery Pokemon is at an disadvantage type wise and Ash wins anyway surprising Go and teaching him an important lesson.

If it is Charizard, that would actually be a nice call back to the Silver Conference match against Gary.

I just can't believe that they are this silent about a potential reserve if it is one. If it is a fan favorite pokemon, they would have hyped it up like they did with Charizard in Episode N way before the series started - and I'm going to be really really surprised if they are indeed staying this quiet about freaking Charizard coming back. Same with a potential new pokemon - if it is Ash's new pokemon, it would make no sense why they're keeping quiet about it and not showing it anywhere. Especially if it is a Gen 8 pokemon.

My guess is either Mr. Mime, or Scorbunny somehow jumping in to pitch out for some reason I can't think of at the moment.

I just can't believe that they are this silent about a potential reserve if it is one. If it is a fan favorite pokemon, they would have hyped it up like they did with Charizard in Episode N way before the series started - and I'm going to be really really surprised if they are indeed staying this quiet about freaking Charizard coming back. Same with a potential new pokemon - if it is Ash's new pokemon, it would make no sense why they're keeping quiet about it and not showing it anywhere. Especially if it is a Gen 8 pokemon.

My guess is either Mr. Mime, or Scorbunny somehow jumping in to pitch out for some reason I can't think of at the moment.
Charizard returned to the team for a period of time, that's why it was hyped up. If it was just a one-off appearance then it would be a different story. But you're right it will most likely be Mimey but Scorbunny jumping in seems convoluted since the summary implies it's one of his choices.

Charizard is in the poster next to Ash's house, so him appearing isn't out of the realm.

I can't help but wonder if Ash's surprise Pokemon might be the Snorlax that will appear in SM005

It might seem Farfetch'd as he has his own Snorlax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom