• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections. Applications are due by November 26th.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

PREVIEW: SS008: Don't Lose, Pochama! The Drift Ice Race in Sinnoh!!

Reaction score
So two episodes in Galar (unless the episode about Go's Mew goal is still set in Galar), then an episode in Sinnoh, then one in Johto

This pretty much is SM 2.0 with regions instead of islands

Reaction score
So two episodes in Galar (unless the episode about Go's Mew goal is still set in Galar), then an episode in Sinnoh, then one in Johto

At least they're moving around instead of retaining 90% of the focus on Melemeler-Vermillion City
I do wish the traveling was more consistent though, rather than region hopping every episode

Always happy to help
Reaction score
The idea of a Drift Ice race has lots of potential to be fun, wonder what Pokemon will also be taking part

Reaction score
At least they're moving around instead of retaining 90% of the focus on Melemeler-Vermillion City
I do wish the traveling was more consistent though, rather than region hopping every episode
Region hopping every episode was pretty much what I expected to begin with, because I can't think of another way to handle a series with every region in it

Reaction score
Region hopping every episode was pretty much what I expected to begin with, because I can't think of another way to handle a series with every region in it
Pretty simple really. Rather than just hopping every episode, spend a couple of episodes in a region to give things some time to breath and take in the surroundings.

Reaction score

It's likely only two episodes in Galar. The image of Episode 6 has Kanto Bug Pokemon.

Also, it was two episodes in Galar likely because the first need to focus in Scorbunny, while the second is about the mystery that Ash and Go travel to resolve.

Reaction score
Is there nothing known about SS007 yet. If not, it might be the episode for Ash's first new Pokemon and they don't wanna spoiler it.

Someone
Reaction score
A Piplup and a Croagunk? What are the chances...?

Don't really like the region hopping though to be honest, not without proper transitions. Not really a fan of the Lugia Ride Pokemon concept either (though I do hope that Lugia is the baby from the Whirl Islands).

No news on SS007?

Stuck
Reaction score
"Lugia Ride" isn't confirmed to be a thing. There are pods in Sakuragi's lab that look an awful lot like teleporters, which would make more sense than a private airline. These expeditions are Sakuragi's idea, so he should have the means to allow them to happen.

Last edited:
Reaction score

I feel like we are going to get lots of fillers.

Stuck
Reaction score
How many episodes did the other Alolan islands even get? I count 11 for Akala, 6 for Ula'Ula, 11 for Poni and 5 for Aether. This should mean that Melemele got 101 episodes (Kanto got two).

The comparison seems misleading to me. Kanto and Galar are probably going to get a bit more focus than the other regions, but not by much.

Reaction score
So with so much advertising, Half of the Regions will only get 1-2 Episodes? What the heck.