• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN008: Don't Lose, Pochama! The Drift Ice Race in the Sinnoh Region!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So two episodes in Galar (unless the episode about Go's Mew goal is still set in Galar), then an episode in Sinnoh, then one in Johto

This pretty much is SM 2.0 with regions instead of islands

At least they're moving around instead of retaining 90% of the focus on Melemeler-Vermillion City
I do wish the traveling was more consistent though, rather than region hopping every episode

At least they're moving around instead of retaining 90% of the focus on Melemeler-Vermillion City
I do wish the traveling was more consistent though, rather than region hopping every episode

Region hopping every episode was pretty much what I expected to begin with, because I can't think of another way to handle a series with every region in it

Region hopping every episode was pretty much what I expected to begin with, because I can't think of another way to handle a series with every region in it
Pretty simple really. Rather than just hopping every episode, spend a couple of episodes in a region to give things some time to breath and take in the surroundings.

So two episodes in Galar (unless the episode about Go's Mew goal is still set in Galar), then an episode in Sinnoh, then one in Johto

It's likely only two episodes in Galar. The image of Episode 6 has Kanto Bug Pokemon.

Also, it was two episodes in Galar likely because the first need to focus in Scorbunny, while the second is about the mystery that Ash and Go travel to resolve.

A Piplup and a Croagunk? What are the chances...?

Don't really like the region hopping though to be honest, not without proper transitions. Not really a fan of the Lugia Ride Pokemon concept either (though I do hope that Lugia is the baby from the Whirl Islands).

No news on SS007?

"Lugia Ride" isn't confirmed to be a thing. There are pods in Sakuragi's lab that look an awful lot like teleporters, which would make more sense than a private airline. These expeditions are Sakuragi's idea, so he should have the means to allow them to happen.

Last edited:

I feel like we are going to get lots of fillers.

How many episodes did the other Alolan islands even get? I count 11 for Akala, 6 for Ula'Ula, 11 for Poni and 5 for Aether. This should mean that Melemele got 101 episodes (Kanto got two).

The comparison seems misleading to me. Kanto and Galar are probably going to get a bit more focus than the other regions, but not by much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom