• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN008: Don't Lose, Pochama! The Drift Ice Race in the Sinnoh Region!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a nod to two very popular Pokemon from the DP series. We've already seen that Piplup can be brought back without Dawn (Makoto's even acted like Dawn's), and Brock came back without his Croagunk. Regardless of which continuity we're dealing with this, the chances of heavy continuity are low.
That's what I was basically trying to say. I'm really not expecting Brock or Dawn to suddenly show up here.
Normally I'd agree with you if those particular Pokemon were shown individually. But at the same time, in the same episode, in the same artwork? There are so many different Sinnoh Pokemon, why pick those particular two to be shown at the same time, especially in Sinnoh? That would be an unnecessary bait-and-switch that'll only anger a portion of the fanbase (pretty much counter productive to their intentions of the series being for fans both old and new), not to mention that it's trollishly mean.

As to Silktree's last comment about heavy continuity being low, I hope them showcasing Ash's previous journeys yesterday proves you wrong.
Would be really cool if Lillie's Vulpix appears. Hopefully Serena's Braixen as well. Serena x Lillie x Dawn is the holy trinity of pokegirls after all.
I doubt Lillie will appear this soon, she just left a while ago and there's no point in her returning unless there's some development regarding her Mohn rescue journey. Agree with the other two though.

Last edited:
I doubt Lillie will appear this soon, she just left a while ago and there's no point in her returning unless there's some development regarding her Mohn rescue journey. Agree with the other two though.

I just thought of Lillie because of the sled jump competition she took part in with Snowy. It seems like something she'd be interested in.

Sinnoh, Piplup, Crogunk, a funny themed race, snowy weather and what not. If it doesn't turn out to be THEM, at least if it's not Dawn's Piplup, it might just be one of the biggest middle fingers TPIC ever gave us.
On the flip side, although some of you point out that Dawn will be there to promote Gen 4 remakes, the significance of which I totally understand, I think it's also a tad early to start promoting Gen 4 remakes as there is a very secretive environment going on regarding the core series and the new series itself...

I'm also looking foward to this episode on January. Probably the Piplup isn't Dawn's but probably another trainer or just a wild one but along with Croagunk as well.

Also Croagunk/Piplup were featured going up a volcano, Hoenn's to be precise, in the poster. Dawn and Brock honestly have the best odds of any companions of making recurring appearances, both were main characters in DP, both are popular and not to mention Brock's VA played Greninja and other characters so it's not like they have to go out of their way to bring him in

I'm going to be quite sour if it's just a random Croagunk and Piplup, or they introduce recurring characters that happen to own them. No... there are literally 800 other Pokemon to choose from out there! Just bring Brock and Dawn back if you want a Croagunk and Piplup so badly, I'm already expecting some people to have their hopes brought down by the Bulbasaur/Snorlax episodes, I still honestly don't see how they jumped to the conclusion we'll see Ash's? But this...? A Croagunk and a Piplup.... quite hard to not expect a Dawn and Brock appearance. People are going to be mad if it's not them and rightfully so I say, I don't want another M20 case where there's a Piplup that acts just like Dawn's..... but isn't.

They say this series is for fans old and new? Bringing back Dawn and Brock early would be proof enough and build excitement as older fans would wonder if we can perhaps see Tracey, Gary, May, Cilan/Iris, and Serena!

I'm already expecting some people to have their hopes brought down by the Bulbasaur/Snorlax episodes, I still honestly don't see how they jumped to the conclusion we'll see Ash's? But this...? A Croagunk and a Piplup.... quite hard to not expect a Dawn and Brock appearance.
Because third episoode is set in Kanto and is clearly a reference to Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden so it's easier to expect Ash's Bulbasaur making an appearance there than Brock showing up in Sinnoh out of nowhere.

Do we have a title for Ep 7 or is it still under wraps? I find that more weird that they’re hiding the title of an episode out of sequence.

Do we have a title for Ep 7 or is it still under wraps? I find that more weird that they’re hiding the title of an episode out of sequence.
They also did that for SM141's title because it would have spoiled the winner of the Alola League. My reasoning for Episode 7's title being withheld is that it contains the name of a Galar Pokemon who has not been officially revealed.

I'm putting my money on episode 7 being about Brock. Ash and Gou will meet up with him and at the end of the episode they will decide to go to Sinnoh together.

I don't think an unreleased Pokemon is as 'hide-worthy' as the name of the League Winner, especially when you take into consideration that the entire SwSh roster was leaked.

If anything, I expect Ash to catch his first Galar Mon in the 5th episode with it being introduced and following Ash in the 4th. Kind of like XY003 and XY004 where Dedenne and Fletchling were introduced.
However, they could want to hide the name of an unrevealed Galar mon, especially considering how secretive they are about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom