• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN008: Don't Lose, Pochama! The Drift Ice Race in the Sinnoh Region!!

You clearly implied that DP didn't have this problem, when it's a minute difference.

No I didn't. I mentioned DP because the episode was set in Sinnoh. That's it. No other reason or implication.

Kanto's 8th episode was also a filler, but it was a great one because we learned more about Ash's values as a trainer.

If you learned about Ash's values as a trainer, then it's not a filler.

Everyone has their own definition of "filler". Mine is that the episode can be skipped and you can still understand the rest of the show, even if said episode is worthwhile (so "filler" doesn't mean trash). I also think that a Pokemon learning a move doesn't make an episode not a filler because moves tend to be learned out of nowhere, anyway. They aren't that important. The AJ episode is borderline non-filler, though.

Likewise, Go catching a Pokemon doesn't make an episode a non-filler unless that Pokemon is relevant in at least one more episode.

I can't believe they showed Koduck off all pokémon without making a single reference to Kasumi, I'm simply appalled! :sneaky:
Too bad the showrunners hates referencing the past, a simple mention of Hikari and her Potchama would be enough.
Despite of oft repeated claim "Team Rocket would save this episode," they were the worst part of this episode to me.
Surprisingly neither Gou nor Satoshi do much. Koharu appeared more than usual, which is a plus, I guess?
I really liked the rivalry between Guregguru and Potchama and their relationship with Misaki. Loved the faces they made to each other.

A cute but sloppy episode, 7/10.

We’re at this point in a 4 episode streak of Gou catching a Pokémon every episode and I’m already bored of it. Just because a character has a goal of catching Pokémon doesn’t mean every episode has to have an obligatory capture, especially when it adds nothing to the plot. These captures they’re giving Gou not only are boring do to the lack of any kind of struggle, they feel hollow because they’re just so rapid fire. The writers really need to chill it.

Now that I realize If Team Rocket made a logic appearence here, the Pokémon they will probably try to catch would be Scorbunny right?

This is the problem with this series they dont know how to use them. In Alola at least when they appeared made logic.

I think that I should change my signature from "TEAM ROCKET IS UNDERUSED" to "TEAM ROCKET IS BADLY USED"

Another problem I see, you know the anime was a media in what we could see how life with Pokémon is an important aspect, also the bond with your own Pokémon something we do not see in the games, but we seen in the series since the begining, why are they removing this now, is just catch for catching this is stupid really stupid. And 9 episodes and only Pikachu dissapointing

Now that Pokémon Sword and Shield are going to get better Im regretting the fact that this series is not set in Galar

No Gatcha Machine, No stupid catching mechanics, a quest, and of course NO GO

Mantyke is the cutest thing ever. It was reluctant to be in the race but went back to save Pikachu and race together. That's so sweet :3

This episode could have been better without Team Rocket imo. They felt pointless. And I find that Beartic trying to turn over the ship to be disturbing.

I don't care what anyone says, I loved this episode. The setting was gorgeous and although the plot was reductive, I still really liked Piplup and Croagunk's personalities as well as TRio using Machamp and Beartic. It was just a fun episode that wasn't supposed to be taken seriously anyways.

No Gatcha Machine, No stupid catching mechanics, a quest, and of course NO GO

Here here! Especially that last part, I despise Go. Would much rather have Gloria as a companion, ONE companion is awesome and how it should have been after Brock left.... but the other companion should be a girl, not a guy. Especially a terribly written one that makes Origins Red(Somebody with a similar shitty goal) look like a masterpiece!
The region hopping had potential but it's just going to go to waste as the only region where stuff actually happens will be in Galar and Kanto for the most part.

Currently watching the subs, the female assistant found Misaki by looking up Missing Pokemon Reports online, nice easy explanation and its good to know they have something like that

Today on Things That Are Not Okay

EOG8rcuWsAIecLP.jpg

Today on Things That Are Not Okay

EOG8rcuWsAIecLP.jpg
I've seen 3 used to represent eyes on a glasses-wearing character without their glasses before, although I'm fairly sure this is the first time Pokémon has done it. I'm not a fan of it either, so hopefully they don't do it again.

Also, Pikachu riding on the back of a water-type pokemon in a race?

Now where did I hear about that from before... I'm sure it involved a Ponyta and a Dodrio.

What is even worse about that Tentacool capture: Gou didn't even want that specific one. He was like: They all count. Gou is a psychopath.

What kind of overreaction is this? Y'all have known for weeks that Go's goal is to catch alot of Pokemon (and meet Mew), so why are you acting surprised that he didn't care which Tentacool he caught as long as he got one for his collection? I'm getting really sick and tired of Go being called names and 'psychopath' is one of the most ridiculous ones yet tbh because it makes no sense and is straight out character bashing. Some people are just scrapping at the bottom of the barrel for bad things to say about Go at this point.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom