• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections. Applications are due by November 26th.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

PREVIEW: SS009: The Promise We Made that Day! The Houou Legend of Johto!!

Always happy to help
Reaction score
Can't wait to see Johto again as it has been a while, even if the Ho-Oh legend has been done before

Reaction score
@Pulsaro23 Told ya they'd only stay in Galar for those two episodes. They're spending an episode in Sinnoh, followed by this one in Johto.

Reaction score
Been years since Ash last saw Ho-oh, hopefully this is the saga that actually utilizes Ho-oh and let the two finally meet face to face at some point. Given how he last appeared in Battle Frontier, it's not like it'd be the end of the world having the two of them meet.

I mean if Go is actually allowed to meet Mew by the end, why not let Ash meet Ho-oh?

Reaction score
And that's a good thing why?
Anyone expecting them to stay in a given region for more than one or two episodes at a time was being foolish.

There's no way this series could work if they traveled through the regions in any given order. It can only work if they're jumping from place to place at random.

Charizard Enthusiast (Armed and Ready to Go)
Reaction score
Anyone expecting them to stay in a given region for more than one or two episodes at a time was being foolish.

There's no way this series could work if they traveled through the regions in any given order. It can only work if they're jumping from place to place at random.
I feel like my previous response to you applies here again. Seriously, if your only argument for them flip-flopping from one region to another is that "it was the only way"/"there was no other way"/"there's no way they could've done things different", then you must be severely lacking in creativity.

Also, who are these people who were expecting Ash and Go to travel the entire region in one go? I heard people say that they were expecting Ash and Go to travel the region for a good amount of time (certainly more than just 2 episodes), not that they were expecting Battle Frontiere 2.0.

Reaction score

I still expect longer stays in each region later down the line when we get proper story arcs. Right now I think they're trying to make a strong first impression by showing off each region briefly at beginning of the series. It's the equivalent of SM dedicating an episode to each of Ash's classmates early on in that season. I think the series will slow down a bit as it goes on. I do agree that visiting regions in a random order will ensure more longevity, otherwise they'd get to Galar and just be stuck there.

The Coolest Character in the Worst Series
Reaction score
Jeez. I don't think we've ever had SO many titles & summaries SO early...