• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN009: The Promise We Made that Day! The Houou Legend of the Johto Region!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Summary and Cast lists courtesy of Adamant

The legendary Pokémon Houou has been seen in the Jouto region! And when Satoshi and Go go there, they instantly discover a Pokémon that resembles Houou! But it's just a fake...

Summary:
When Satoshi and Go learn that the legendary Pokémon Houou has been seen in a city in the Jouto region called Enju City, they instantly head there. And believe it or not, they discover a Pokémon that resembles Houou as soon as they arrive! The two are overjoyed, but it turns out that Houou is just a fake; a boy named Kurio had disguised one of his own Pokémon. Kurio tells them he wants to show Houou to his grandpa no matter what - will he ultimately end up meeting the real Houou?!

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Megumi Hayashibara: Hibanny
Yuichi Nakamura: Professor Sakuragi
Inuko Inuyama: Wanpachi
Risa Shimizu: Muma
Kei Shindo: Otachi
Hiroshi Naka: Jiei
Yuka Terasaki: Kurio
Sayaka Senbongi: Kikuna
Noriaki Kanze: Renji
Marina Aicholtz: Go's Smartphone Rotom
Kenyu Horiuchi: Narration

Kurio tells them he wants to show Houou to his grandpa no matter what - will he ultimately end up meeting the real Houou?
OKAY, this is a tiny speck of hope that something interesting might happen.

If this is another “my arc will be resolved off-screen and we shall meet again never again!” COTD’s, well...

I’m lingering on how Ash is going to react to the existence of Ho-oh.

One thing I like about the smaller cast lists is the chance for more actors to be credited, in Sun and Moon, Risa Shimizu and Kei Shindo may have been credited under other roles

Checking bulbapedia, Jiei is part of the "sage" trainer class and uses a party of Gastly. In the english version he was named Ping.

I'm not sure how often the show has had random junior trainers appear (I think Butler from the Jirachi film appeared in Emerald as one later, though?).

I'm not sure if Morty will be mentioned but I wouldn't be surprised if Jiei mentions working at Ecruteak Gym.

Butler appeared in DPPt, as did Diane, Rebecca and Aaron with a twist. The famous Hiker appeared in SM, didn't he? Astrid used the Ace Trainer design from XY, but I don't think that the name was taken from the games.

Butler appeared in DPPt, as did Diane, Rebecca and Aaron with a twist. The famous Hiker appeared in SM, didn't he? Astrid used the Ace Trainer design from XY, but I don't think that the name was taken from the games.
The DPPt Trainers were references to the movies, while the Hiker was a reference to the games. And yes, Astrid only took her design from the games, not name.

No Team Rocket is really going to turn this episode into a raging mess if the actual Ho-oh doesn't show up at all....

The kid's Rainbow Wing ends up being rejected because, well, the kid didn't earn it and even tried to trick his grandfather. Given the art, the grandfather is probably going to realize that Ash is the more deserving recipient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom