• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN010: The Kairyu Paradise and Hakuryu's Ordeal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
First preview of the episode:

0:20

I hope those looks mean that it's Ash that catches Dragonair instead of Gary Stu. I've been recently reading FanaticLAGuy's Road to be a Pokemon Master and Ash having Dratini fit very well.

EDIT: But the writers will be like "fuck you, nope" and proceed to ruin the anime further.

Last edited:

I hope those looks mean that it's Ash that catches Dragonair instead of Gary Stu. I've been recently reading FanaticLAGuy's Road to be a Pokemon Master and Ash having Dratini fit very well.
Given these writers, I’d prepare for disappointment with that. With this, we’re 10 episodes in and the writers are showing no sign of letting Ash catch anything lest it get in the way of Go’s catching spree.

Given these writers, I’d prepare for disappointment with that. With this, we’re 10 episodes in and the writers are showing no sign of letting Ash catch anything lest it get in the way of Go’s catching spree.
Let's hope this episode won't disappoint us this time. This has to be good!

Dragonair would be a cool Pokémon for Ash, even if it never evolves, but with what has happened so far I don't want to get hopes up.
That scene at the very end looks promising though.

(Also thanks for mentioning that story, it looks interesting.)

I hope those looks mean that it's Ash that catches Dragonair instead of Gary Stu.

1579443827497.png

I kinda miss the days when a pseudo legendary would trigger that “ah, fuck” effect whenever it showed up. Dragonite and Tyranitar were once treated as serious and threatening beasts that should he handled carefully.

And now we have a Tyranitar used by TR and a whole island that turns Dragonite into Pidgey levels of rarity.

a whole island that turns Dragonite into Pidgey levels of rarity.
To be fair this is clearly referencing Dragonite's Pokédex entry in Crystal.

"It is said that somewhere in the ocean lies an island where these gather. Only they live there. "

Psuedos have gotten less impressive--I feel like it happened around the Battle Frontier or maybe DP.

So I'm thinking about what I consider reasonably plausible outcomes of this episode (I.E nothing like "Lysandre comes back at the end and absorbs Dragonite out of a new tail-stinger like Cell"). I think the trailer points towards this being an Ash episode--he's clearly getting more focus, especially with that scene at the end with Dragonair. However that doesn't guarantee a capture.
I do want to raise one possibility--there has been some Dragonite promotion, which makes me wonder if Dragonair might evolve in this episode and then decide to go with Ash. Personally I'd prefer to see him catch it as a Dragonair and then it evolves later but Iris got a Dragonite out of the box so we know it's possible.
Of course he might catch it as a Dragonair and it evolves fairly quickly, or the Dragonite promotion refers to something else or doesn't mean much.

Dratini shedding its skin like in the dex is a really cool reference. Also, I didn't know the wings on Dragonair's head could stretch

They already showed it in Sun & Moon, with the one that Lana rides, but it's possible it was already seen pre-Sun & Moon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom