• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN010: The Kairyu Paradise and Hakuryu's Ordeal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be alright with Ash getting Dragonair, providing it stays a Dragonair.

I'd like for it to evolve, later on in the series.

Basically being Iris' Dragonite, and Ash's Goomy done right

That's precisely why I'd rather it stay a Dragonair; we already had a Dragonite on the main cast and Dragonite is too similar to other Pokemon Ash has owned in the past, while a serpentine Pokemon would be unique.

The anime has been doing a lot of bait-and-switching. It is likely that Gou would catch everything but Dragonair/Dragonite, and with just one ball each again, Ash catches nothing, and there would be some disposable CotD who'd take up screentime. Or worse, the Dratini line only shows up for a few minutes just to be ratings bait.

Ugh, I don't like Dragonair so I don't want Ash to get one. Of course I think the odds of that even happening are like 0.00001% in this case but still I'm afraid that he'd evolve it into Dragonite which is wayyyyy worse than Dragonair imo because it's so overexposed. :sick:

That's precisely why I'd rather it stay a Dragonair; we already had a Dragonite on the main cast and Dragonite is too similar to other Pokemon Ash has owned in the past, while a serpentine Pokemon would be unique.

Still better than getting a fourth Eevee on the cast, it's literally the same thing all the time with that species. Unlike Bulbasaur, Squirtle, and Cyndaquil who all had different personality traits to set them apart from the originals.

After how disappointing episode 9 was, at least this and the next few episodes probably won't make me angry. Though I'm a bit ambivalent on episode 12, they'll probably find a way to screw it up.

Based on what we’ve seen so far, I predict Go will attempt to throw a Pokeball at a Dragonite and has a 50% chance to be caught and then will never be seen again.

If Go does catch a Dragonair or Dragonite (personally I want someone to catch a Dratini instead), I really hope they won't show him catching just by throwing a Poke Ball

they may introduce G MAX dragonite especially for ash. whether ash catches dragonair is the question now. But we are celebrating birthday party before birth of the child.

they may introduce G MAX dragonite especially for ash. whether ash catches dragonair is the question now. But we are celebrating birthday party before birth of the child.

I thought that Dragonite wasn't actually capable of its G MAX of any kind, or do you think they should announce them for one of the two Pokémon Sword and Shield Epxansion Passes: The Isle of Armor or the Crown Tundra? If so, why? And how you think G MAX Dragonite will physically appear?

I'm not really getting where the idea that Satoshi is more prominent in this episode is coming from. In the final shot of the preview he is standing slightly forward of Go but... that's it. I hope you're all right, don't get me wrong, but I'm not convinced.

The good news is that Yuka Miyata is not a brand newbie and wrote some entertaining fillers during SM so hopefully this won't be dead awful.

The possibility of introducing a G-max Dragonite through the anime occurred to me too, although that was before this preview introduced the possibility of Ash getting a Dragonair so I thought they might use episode 12 to show it off.

I'm not really getting where the idea that Satoshi is more prominent in this episode is coming from. In the final shot of the preview he is standing slightly forward of Go but... that's it. I hope you're all right, don't get me wrong, but I'm not convinced.

The good news is that Yuka Miyata is not a brand newbie and wrote some entertaining fillers during SM so hopefully this won't be dead awful.
There's a lengthier preview with a different final scene that has Ash but not Gou, where Ash is offering Dragonair a hand (unless there's a deceptive camera cut going on).

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8P931ceWoI

EO8bqE_VAAU-kf7

Dragonair is being featured on products now, so make of that what you will

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom