• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN010: The Kairyu Paradise and Hakuryu's Ordeal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh! Satoshi is doing the holding-out-hand-in-offer-to-join-me pose!

Someone de-hype me please before I get disappointed.
Don’t let them suck you in. They’ve already trolled us twice between Ash’s mystery Pokémon in the “Battle Frontier” episode and then again with the promotion artwork for last episode being a total lie. Never give these writers the benefit of the doubt as trolling you only gives them more power to live forever as they consume the hope of the fanbase.

Im already tasting the salt, tomorrow will be fun.

In a way, Ash catching a Dragonite would be cheaper than Go doing that because he'd benefit from its power, while Go could just let Dragonite tour the world and come visit every now and then. It really depends on the execution.

In a way, Ash catching a Dragonite would be cheaper than Go doing that because he'd benefit from its power, while Go could just let Dragonite tour the world and come visit every now and then. It really depends on the execution.
I see your point though I don't entirely agree for a couple reasons. Firstly, Ash is a very experienced trainer whose already trained a psuedo from base to final form; we already know he has the skill to do it.
Secondly, although Dragonite's power would be beneficial he already has access to to other incredibly powerful Pokémon he could call on. Dragonite adds another one to his lineup but probably doesn't raise the cap, so to speak.

I'd definitely preferred if he caught it as a Dragonair and it spend time training and working hard to evolve later, though.

That’s a poor argument against Ash getting one. With him it would not only actually get usage but it would be more useful considering Ash’s goal is to to be the strongest trainer. That’s even more reason why Ash should get it over Go for whom it would just be sitting there at Sakuragi Park doing nothing the whole series.

In a way, Ash catching a Dragonite would be cheaper than Go doing that because he'd benefit from its power, while Go could just let Dragonite tour the world and come visit every now and then.

So what you're saying is that Ash catching it would be bad because he would actually use Dragonite, while Go catching it is perfectly A-OK, because he will rarely, if ever, use it? I'm sorry, but I don't follow. Why is it wrong for Ash to catch a powerful Pokémon, especially if he bonded with it (like the previews imply), and then using it in battle (since that's what a Pokémon Trainer is usually supposed to do with their Pokémon), where it would get more chances to show off its personality and its prowess and receive some development? Why is it alright for Go to catch a pseudo-legendary that he hasn't bonded with, that he doesn't actually care about and that he doesn't need to catch (outside of his shallow and selfish desire to create his very own living Pokédex) and for him to just drop it at Sakuragi's Park, where it will just be left to rot in the background. And considering Go hasn't let any of his other Pokémon "tour the world" with him (bar Scorbunny), why should we believe that Dragonite will be allowed to join him on his world tour for more than a few episode occasionally?

If Gou is serious about his goal, catching pseudos shouldn't be a problem.

So you're saying it's cheap that Ash catches a pseudo-legendary (he already has had two more, he's an experienced trainer and a hearty trainer to boot so that power won't be undeserved in the least) but somehow Gou catching it with a single curveball throw, not to mention a rookie catching such a powerful Pokemon despite not deserving it, is not? That's a terrible argument bruh. For Gou to benefit from the power of any of his Pokemon, he'll need to work with them and give them purpose which so far he's failed to do. Even Scorbunny feels more like a tag-along than anything important because how it's not even allowed to battle potential captures much less doing anything else other than hurting Ash unprovoked.

Not to mention that Dragonite would be completely wasted on Gou, who has nothing meaningful planned for any of his captures other than creating a zoo. If Dragonite wants to tour the world, it can choose to do so itself, without Gou's help. Touring the world doesn't necessarily need a trainer's help.

If Gou is serious about his goal, catching pseudos shouldn't be a problem.
His goal (catching Mew) has nothing to do with catching Pokemon in general for no reason unless:
1 - He's going to throw them all in the meat grinder and hopes Mew is born from the mess.
2 - He's going to hold the captures hostage till a legendary shows up to rescue them, preferably Mew.
3 - He hopes that he catches a disguised Mew.

Although the last one seems plausible, all three are still terrible... whether in terms of writing or morals.

Last edited:
Secondly, although Dragonite's power would be beneficial he already has access to to other incredibly powerful Pokémon he could call on. Dragonite adds another one to his lineup but probably doesn't raise the cap, so to speak.
In all honesty, that logic makes me uninterested in Ash catching anything that isn't substantially different from his reserves. Dragonair could count somewhat, but alas.

Considering that this episode is based on the Crystal Pokedex entry, I'm in favor of using one more entry for this Dragonite:

Dragonite is capable of circling the globe in just sixteen hours. It is a kindhearted Pokémon that leads lost and foundering ships in a storm to the safety of land.

This would allow Dragonite to do stuff on its own and then invite Go to new places. I think that it's big enough to transport both Go and Ash, but that might be a stretch. It could end up saving Meowth one day, hence the poster.

Last edited:
No, it doesn't confirm anything other than there will be a Kairyu in the next episode.

It has the same VA, it's the same Dragonite, this isn't the dub where Pokemon species are voiced only by one voice actor, because that makes any sense (sarcasm by the way). The only exception is probably Pikachu, and Ash's Snivy (because it was female).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom