• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN011: Koharu, Wanpachi, and Sometimes Gangar Too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally Koharu is (hopefully) getting some focus! Please writers, let her have most of the screen time here, don’t pull a SM 38 (even though I love that episode) where Satoshi and Gou have half the screentime.

Summary and staff list courtesy of Dephender on Serebii

Despite being the daughter of Professor Sakuragi, Koharu has a very unenthusiastic attitude towards Pokémon. The Wanpachi that lives with the family is very attached to her, but she's concerned about how everyone around her has labeled her as "someone who obviously loves Pokémon, since her father is a Pokémon Professor". But one day a mysterious Gangar shows up at the Sakuragi Laboratories and starts annoying everyone.

Screenplay 松井亜弥 (Aya Matsui)
Storyboard 齋藤徳明 (Noriaki Saito)
Episode Director 牧野吉高 (Yoshitaka Makino)
Animation Director 広岡歳 (Toshihito Hirooka)
Animation Director 矢田木瀧 (Taki Yatagi)

Thank god, Koharu desperately needed some story focus and character development somewhere.

I’m still kind of disappointed she’s not a traveling companion, because I really liked her dynamic with Go, it reminded me a lot of the dynamic between Sun & Moon in the manga.

Summary and staff list courtesy of Dephender on Serebii

Despite being the daughter of Professor Sakuragi, Koharu has a very unenthusiastic attitude towards Pokémon. The Wanpachi that lives with the family is very attached to her, but she's concerned about how everyone around her has labeled her as "someone who obviously loves Pokémon, since her father is a Pokémon Professor". But one day a mysterious Gangar shows up at the Sakuragi Laboratories and starts annoying everyone.

Screenplay 松井亜弥 (Aya Matsui)
Storyboard 齋藤徳明 (Noriaki Saito)
Episode Director 牧野吉高 (Yoshitaka Makino)
Animation Director 広岡歳 (Toshihito Hirooka)
Animation Director 矢田木瀧 (Taki Yatagi)

The Wanpachi that lives with the family is very attached to her. This confirms Yamper is a family Pokemon and not Koharu's.

I’ll be honest, as much as I’m all in for some Koharu development, I’m scared they’ll do to her what they did to every single character who had a pokemon aversion: ending the episode with her as in love with them as any other main character.

(Yes, I know this individual trait of Lillie was well explored)

I’ll be honest, as much as I’m all in for some Koharu development, I’m scared they’ll do to her what they did to every single character who had a pokemon aversion: ending the episode with her as in love with them as any other main character.

(Yes, I know this individual trait of Lillie was well explored)
I do not think is an aversion. I find it more to be her not wanting to be obvious. It's a little bit how you expect every kid of Cristiano Ronaldo to also want to play Football, despite them loving it or not the pressure itself can be devastating.
Think the same is happening here. This episode will likely be the one where she says screw it and starts loving pokemon because she wants to and not because her heritage commanded her to

I do not think is an aversion. I find it more to be her not wanting to be obvious. It's a little bit how you expect every kid of Cristiano Ronaldo to also want to play Football, despite them loving it or not the pressure itself can be devastating.
Think the same is happening here. This episode will likely be the one where she says screw it and starts loving pokemon because she wants to and not because her heritage commanded her to
If this weren't a children's show, I'd expect her to go full rebellion.

I might’ve worded it poorly, but you have a good point. We’ll wait and see.

Koharu finally does something

Image result for shocked gif

Is it Christmas again? Finally my girl is getting off her butt and getting an episode about herself! Now if only she'd join Ash and Go on adventures.

Yay for Koharu and more of the lab (I won't be surprised if Mimey or Go's Pokemon help her), Boo for having another mischievous Gengar episode after less than 2 years. It was going to appear in the obligatory Ghost-type episode anyway, there are plenty of Pokemon they could have used.

Yay for Koharu and more of the lab (I won't be surprised if Mimey or Go's Pokemon help her), Boo for having another mischievous Gengar episode after less than 2 years. It was going to appear in the obligatory Ghost-type episode anyway, there are plenty of Pokemon they could have used.
Everyone keeps talking about Charizard being shoved down everyone's throats, but almost no one seems to notice that Gengar is treated basically the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom