• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN011: Koharu, Wanpachi, and Sometimes Gangar Too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe with Dragonite it will be a Totodile situation, where they both throw the pokéball and are not sure which one caught it.

At least it's very likely he gets Grookey and Sobble sometime in the future. I honestly wouldn't care if he gets many Galar mons, I just want to see him use his reserves again. They could even justify it saying that the Galar gyms are more hardcore than any other region's gyms so that Ash will be forced to use his reserves again.

OK but when? at this point he already had the starters or atleast meet them. If this is not happening by episode 13...

Last edited:
At least it's very likely he gets Grookey and Sobble sometime in the future. I honestly wouldn't care if he gets many Galar mons, I just want to see him use his reserves again. They could even justify it saying that the Galar gyms are more hardcore than any other region's gyms so that Ash will be forced to use his reserves again.

Considering how this series doesn't want to confuse new viewers, I highly doubt it.

Considering how this series doesn't want to confuse new viewers, I highly doubt it.

The idea of confusing new viewers was never considered a problem in any of the previews series, so why should it be considered a perfectly acceptable excuse now? And no, the slot change isn't a valid excuse, since the episodes air at around 7 PM JST, when people (including children) are very likely to still be awake and able to watch them.

That Gengar will most likely be caught this episode and since it definitely looks like a Pokemon that needs to be battled to be caught Ash will probably be the one to catch it because Go sucks at battling being the walking Pokemon Go ad he is. That or someone will convince it to calm down somehow and that person will be the one to catch it in which case it would be either Koharu or Ash.

According to the dex (I love how dark dex descriptions are in SM and SW SH games):

"It apparently wishes for a traveling companion. Since it was once human itself, it tries to create one by taking the lives of other humans. "

"You can hear tales told all over the world about how Gengar will pay a visit to children who are naughty"

Was nice knowing you, punks.

Last edited:
That Gengar will most likely be caught this episode and since it definitely looks like a Pokemon that needs to be battled to be caught Ash will probably be the one to catch it because Go sucks at battling being the walking Pokemon Go ad he is. That or someone will convince it to calm down somehow and that person will be the one to catch it in which case it would be either Koharu or Ash.
I personally think it'll either be Koharu's or remain as a recurring wild Pokémon.

We learned last episode that Go can't just throw Pokeballs at Pokemon and expect to catch them anymore. We see the same result in this episode preview. It seems like they're setting it up so that these failures prompt Go into learning how to properly battle and catch Pokemon.

I wonder if anyone would complain if Koharu caught Gengar. It's either that or it will just become friendly. I wouldn't mind it if Koharu had a bunch of Pokemon friends that weren't technically hers, just like Movie 21's Harriet. She'd be the anti-Go in refusing to catch Pokemon.

The woman who looks eerily similar to Koharu should be her mom, who divorced Sakuragi due to his job. She could represent the "no Pokemon!" side of Koharu.

Last edited:
We learned last episode that Go can't just throw Pokeballs at Pokemon and expect to catch them anymore. We see the same result in this episode preview. It seems like they're setting it up so that these failures prompt Go into learning how to properly battle and catch Pokemon.
I'd say this episode would be a good time for him to learn that from watching Ash catch Gengar and then in episode 13 or something they show him actually practice battling and get his first battled catch but, considering there is a good chance the Gengar situation will be resolved peacefully they might put it all in the same future episode.

I wonder if anyone would complain if Koharu caught Gengar. It's either that or it will just become friendly. I wouldn't mind it if Koharu had a bunch of Pokemon friends that weren't technically hers, just like Movie 21's Harriet. She'd be the anti-Go in refusing to catch Pokemon.

The woman who looks eerily similar to Koharu should be her mom, who divorced Sakuragi due to his job. She could represent the "no Pokemon!" side of Koharu.
I don’t think koharu will actually catch gengar, because she still wants nothing to do with Pokémon. The reason she doesn’t like Pokémon that much is because of having to deal with Go’s hot blooded antics now that has to deal ash’s as well she feels like she being tortured by everyone’s stupidity.

I wonder if they would make Ash catch Pokemon in back to back episodes.
Doubt it. Ash prefers quality over quantity when it comes to catching Pokémon; that’s why most his teams are small so he can focus on training them all together rather than rotating his team each time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom