• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN011: Koharu, Wanpachi, and Sometimes Gangar Too

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean I completely agree that Gengar is one of those shoved-down-our-throat Pokemon but it's nowhere near as bad as Charizard who usually gets more appearances that are important and time consuming. Gengar is such a generic as hell Ghost type though and I wish we had gotten something more original and relevant like I dunno, Dreepy?! :rolleyes:

I hope that Gengar stalks Koharu for a while until she befriends and catches it, but not too quickly.

Last edited:
I'm surprised nobody is talking about Sabrina opening her heart to Haunter, but okay. I would like a more serious Gengar because there's been too many trickster Gengars.

I would like a more serious Gengar because there's been too many trickster Gengars.
It seems to be a trickster, but it might have a proper backstory to explain it. Maybe it has to do with the previous residents of the lab building.

I'm happy to see that Koharu is finally getting an episode to herself.

Ugh, yes! Finally! And not only does the premise sound promising, but it's Aya Matsui's first episode since SM ended :cry::giggle:

Aya Matsui does write average episodes, though you've got to give credit for the heartstring-tugging Alola finale that she wrote.
She is capable of writing excellent episodes and at worst, at least she's been working on the anime since AG.

I'm hoping this episode will feature a variety of wild Pokemon in addition to Gengar

It'd be better if this episode focuses on just Gengar as the Potd. No need to tempt Go into catching a whole bunch of wild Pokemon in an episode about Koharu.

Summary and Cast lists courtesy of Adamant

Professor Sakuragi's daughter Koharu is concerned about how she's considered as "someone who obviously loves Pokémon, since her father is a Professor". Meanwhile, the Shadow Pokémon "Gangar" shows up in the laboratory...

Summary:
Unlike Satoshi and Go, Professor Sakuragi's daughter "Koharu" has a very unenthusiastic attitude towards Pokémon. She gets along well with the Pokémon "Wanpachi", which lives with the family, but she doesn't really seem to have much of an interest in battling with or getting Pokémon. Her classmates have labeled her "someone who obviously loves Pokémon, since her father is a Professor", and this bothers her. Meanwhile, the Shadow Pokémon "Gangar" shows up at the Sakuragi Laboratories and starts annoying everyone...

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Megumi Hayashibara: Hibanny
Kana Hanazawa: Koharu
Yuichi Nakamura: Professor Sakuragi
Shinichiro Miki: Strike
Inuko Inuyama: Wanpachi
Yuji Ueda: Barrierd
Rikako Aikawa: Butterfree
Kenta Miyake: Kairyu