• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN011: Koharu, Wanpachi, and Sometimes Gangar Too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having just watched the subbed preview, I think there's a good catch that this Gengar will become a recurring character in some way. I hope Ash catches it, but I'd be alright if Gou caught it or if Koharu befriended it.

Wow, one of Kanto ghost trio who's shown threatening instead of silly? Been a while.

The Gengar is voiced by Yasuhiro Mamiya, so it might stick around

Ohh watching the preview with subs I hope Ash is the one that wins the competition and ends up catching Gengar (to make up for that Haunter that he never catched).

Ohh watching the preview with subs I hope Ash is the one that wins the competition and ends up catching Gengar (to make up for that Haunter that he never catched).
It should be easy for Ash to catch Gengar, since Scorbunny literally has no moves that can damage Gengar and Gengar isn't going down to a simple curveball. The way they're setting it up though, I think Koharu will probably "win" this competition.

It should be easy for Ash to catch Gengar, since Scorbunny literally has no moves that can damage Gengar and Gengar isn't going down to a simple curveball. The way they're setting it up though, I think Koharu will probably "win" this competition.

and it seems Go is wasting his pokeballs again altough he ended up catching Dewgong but maybe this time he will fail.

With Satoshi offering his pokéball in the last episode, at this point I wouldn't discount the possibility that they make the catch a 'team effort' in which everyone is going to do something. I don't know about Koharu (because we know nothing about her), but Satoshi could weaken it and Gou could make an excellent curve ball, then the pokémon could become the lab's.

New images can be found here

I'm really looking forward to this episode, can't wait to see more of Koharu and what she gets up to

I'm really interested in the character that appears to be Koharu's mother, I wonder what her role could be? Judging by the screenshot it look like they get along atleast.

I'm really interested in the character that appears to be Koharu's mother, I wonder what her role could be? Judging by the screenshot it look like they get along atleast.

Three options, her mother as you suggested, a close friend of hers or based on the VA list, her Homeroom Teacher

I'm going to guess a close friend of Koharu's

She looks too similar to Koharu to be anyone but a relative, but whatever. Maybe Koharu dyes her hair and braids it because she admires her teacher.

Sakuragi.png

Koharu has a young brother with brown hair? The VA list mentions Yoshino and Sota in addition to Koharu's unnamed teacher and classmates. If the woman isn't the teacher, then she must be Yoshino since "Sota" doesn't seem to be used for girls. And no, she's too old to be a classmate.

Last edited:
She looks too similar to Koharu to be anyone but a relative, but whatever. Maybe Koharu dyes her hair and braids it because she admires her teacher.

View attachment 130736

Koharu has a young brother with brown hair? The VA list mentions Yoshino and Sota in addition to Koharu's unnamed teacher and classmates. If the woman isn't the teacher, then she must be Yoshino since "Sota" doesn't seem to be used for girls. And no, she's too old to be a classmate.
After observing the screenshot I am most certain that this boy is Koharu's younger brother. The highlights in the boy's hair are drawn like flower petals just like in Koharu's. It's likely his name is "Sota" too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom