• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN012: Daimax Battle! Dande, The Greatest of Them All!!

That's just trying to deny what we have. He clearly recognizes Lance as someone he's met and interacted with.

Still only implied- I’m not arguing that this series isn’t canon with the previous- it certainly is. I just don’t like how they skirt around explicit continuity. The only real continuity was the flashback in the Ho-Oh episode.

it’s like in XY when Ash actually referred to a Piplup he one knew- that’s a proper continuity reference; as opposed to when he said “Wow, so Sceptile can Mega evolve too!” Which could be interpreted as him thinking about his own Sceptile but it’s not explicit by a longshot.

Still only implied- I’m not arguing that this series isn’t canon with the previous- it certainly is. I just don’t like how they skirt around explicit continuity. The only real continuity was the flashback in the Ho-Oh episode.

it’s like in XY when Ash actually referred to a Piplup he one knew- that’s a proper continuity reference; as opposed to when he said “Wow, so Sceptile can Mega evolve too!” Which could be interpreted as him thinking about his own Sceptile but it’s not explicit by a longshot.
The Red Gyarados is there. Ash recognizes Lance. Lance is mentioned to be in the Pokémon G-Men. I'd call that explicit contuity.

That was a pretty epic fight. Glad I finally got the dynamax battle I wanted to see. And we even get a glimpse of Eternatus first thing. Which brings up a couple of questions of events that'll happen in Galar. Still Charizard is quite the monster, and Gyrados the mighty beast it's always been. So the question now is, what leads into Ash battling Leon, along with how does he get a Dynamax band? And will Pikachu Gigantamax next ep? Cause I saw a spark in his tail in the preview.

And hey, we finally get some sort of confirmation on how the audience is protected in stadium battles... let's not forget the Gym theme and that eerie Eternatus cameo.
We also saw the barrier in Ash vs Paul, though admittedly it was a lot easier to miss then.

i thought to be exciting battle
ash vs leon might get interrupted
lol
Team rocket getting one pokemon now from that machine so far weird

Lance, the second best champion, losing to the utterly worst champion ever conceived was just pure crap. Even if it was obvious it'd happen, in reality Lance would be destroying Leon not the other way around. God I can't wait for Ash to kick Leon's ass, I never liked that guy.

Eternatus before Sobble, Grookey, and the wolves? Wut
Between Wailord and Bellsprout, the Gacha machine is becoming a bit bearable but it'd be nice if the TRio get to capture Galar Pokemon of their own like Polteageist, Sandaconda, and Cramorant.
The TRio have a smartphone? That's cool but where did it come from? Kinda prefer James' cards...
So Drednaw is indeed wild, not the gacha Pokemon, great! Maybe Ash stands a chance at capturing it in the next episode

No team changes for Go, absolutely none. Awesome! Hopefully this is the first of many episodes that happens in, his captures contribute absolutely ****ing nothing to the plot and just waste valuable time.

For once the pros outweighed the cons, but still a 7/10. Leon sucks, Lance rules

Lance, the second best champion, losing to the utterly worst champion ever conceived was just pure crap. Even if it was obvious it'd happen, in reality Lance would be destroying Leon not the other way around. God I can't wait for Ash to kick Leon's ass, I never liked that guy.
Leon is actually one of my personal favorite Champions.

I'm tempted to skip the next episode, but I need to know if Ash is going to pick a goal other than "I'll beat Leon one day."

Dynamax is very tedious to watch and 10 minutes is too long for any 1vs1 battle.

lol how? His only traits are owning Charizard and getting lost
He's actually involved in the plot of his native games' story, has a high-level team, and can actually be seen as a grown-up player character. Think about it: his ace is a starter Pokémon, he never lost once, and became Champion at the age of 10. That describes pretty much every core series protagonist.

He's actually involved in the plot of his native games' story, has a high-level team, and can actually be seen as a grown-up player character. Think about it: his ace is a starter Pokémon, he never lost once, and became Champion at the age of 10. That describes pretty much every core series protagonist.
Huh, that's kinda funny I never thought of that before XD Leon a fully realized protag

do u think Leon battle with ash be interrupted they usually do that because they dont want to have full battles and it always be poitnless

do u think Leon battle with ash be interrupted they usually do that because they dont want to have full battles and it always be poitnless
Next seems a bit confusing, but I think they'll battle after they deal with Drednaw, seeing as the stadium looks damaged while they were battling. So not sure if there'll be an interruption

Next seems a bit confusing, but I think they'll battle after they deal with Drednaw, seeing as the stadium looks damaged while they were battling. So not sure if there'll be an interruption
you think ash could win though charizard might be weken by lance though ash pikachu might be weaken too

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom