• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN016: Cursed Satoshi...!

I liked how Ash attacked trainers going after a wild pokemon.

ESrkY_YXQAEs4qS.jpg

ESrkcRWX0AABrMZ.jpg

ESrkfCOXQAA7f2h.jpg

ESrkjfyXgAEhvW-.jpg

I liked how Ash attacked trainers going after a wild pokemon.

ESrkY_YXQAEs4qS.jpg

ESrkcRWX0AABrMZ.jpg

ESrkfCOXQAA7f2h.jpg

ESrkjfyXgAEhvW-.jpg
It's not the first time and it will not be the last time. One of the instances I disliked the most was in the Advanced Generations series. May and Drew both want to catch a wild Arcanine. But TRio catches it first + 3 wild Growlite (okay, without a pokéball). The twerps attack TRio and make them blast off. And immediatly Ash and May start talking about catching the Arcanine again. (It's only afterwards May and Drew decide not to catch it because it is a mother who is taking care of her offspring, but I don't think May would have send Drew off blasting if he still wanted to catch it). (Edit: I haven't seen the episode in years so maybe it was with more nuance.)

This time I have less of an issue with it. The Gengar is emotionally in a low place and Ash want to help it to feel better. I don't even think Ash is trying to catch it for the moment (even though he showed interesse in catching it before and eventually catched it afterwards). But on that moment he wanted to help a very sad Pokémon.

Last edited:
So Ash finally got a Gengar? It was about time and yes, that's really great!! First Dragonite and now Gengar, two of the best Kanto Pokemon! It looks they're slowing but surely giving him a Kanto all-star team :D

While the plot of some of the new episodes might not have been that great (to put it mildly...), Ash's Pokemon catches sure are! And that makes me optimistic that some day we might see his Gible again which then might evolve into a Garchomp, one of the greatest Pokemon of all times (and my favorite one btw)

I just hope the writers won't go on with that recent up and down when it comes to the quality of single episodes. But for now, I'm just happy Ash finally got one of the best Ghost-type Pokemon there is! :)

I feel dumb for not realizing earlier that Ash is gonna catch all of the original Elite 4 Aces. I wonder if this will lead to mirror matches since Leon vs Lance was a 1vs1.

I guess the final team will be Pikachu, Gengar, Dragonite, Machamp, Lapras/Jynx and Charizard, assuming he switches out Mimey for Charizard by the end.

I feel dumb for not realizing earlier that Ash is gonna catch all of the original Elite 4 Aces. I wonder if this will lead to mirror matches since Leon vs Lance was a 1vs1.

I guess the final team will be Pikachu, Gengar, Dragonite, Machamp, Lapras/Jynx and Charizard, assuming he switches out Mimey for Charizard by the end.

I don't think this will be the case (however, 2 out of 4...). But it would be nice if this is the case Ash will regain his Lapras again (temporarily). I think a part of the fanbase would explode if the writers give him another Lapras. (It would also explode if Ash's Lapras returns, but in a good way. ;) )

A Jynx would be fun... I would like it to share a lot of scenes with Mimey. (Or Gengar who is said to bring bad fortune.)

They will never in a million years give a Rougela to Satoshi.

.....You could use the name people actually use for Jynx and spare us a google.

Jynx and Kadabra are benched sure, I won't disagree with you there

You think that's gonna stop people from calling it a racist caricature regardless?

Especially in TYOL 2020?

Where people get offended over the most inane of reasons?
Jynx was only an issue before its recoloration. There hasn't been any controversy about it since. Not at least anything noteworthy.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom