• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN019: I Am Metamon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because Gou makes a capture in any episode doesn't automatically get rid of the episode's filler status (especially if they're pretty much irrelevant, too quick and require no skill at all or have no development in the episode itself whatsoever), the 8th and 9th episodes are good examples of this.

For the record, these are the episodes I feel are filler or semi-fillers:
Semi-filler: 3, 7, 11, 14.
Filler: 8, 9.
Episode 9 is the worst episode in the series imo.

Oh great. Gou's Rotom Phone is in the cast list. Another incredibly unnecessary and pointless capture Gou doesn't need.

What is wrong with him catching Pokémon? I catch a bunch of them in my games that I never use/need, they're doing good at Sakuragi park so it's not bad at all.

What is wrong with him catching Pokémon? I catch a bunch of them in my games that I never use/need, they're doing good at Sakuragi park so it's not bad at all.
Games =/= anime. It isn’t entertaining to watch, and having a bunch of Pokémon whose sole trait is "Absolutely loves Go for some reason in spite of being borderline hostile before capture" isn’t, again, neither sustainable nor entertaining.

I really don't get the purpose of TR catching Pokemon if it's just gonna rotate in their Gacha really. I was excited with the Gacha at first but with the way they're handling it and how the battles against Ash are still mostly the same, awfully one-sided except for the First One in Episode 3, it's getting boring. I know this doesn't seem like me but I wouldn't mind if Gou actually captures Ditto. Out of all the Pokemon, I feel like Ditto would be a good addition especially if he wants to battle before catching a Pokemon instead of doing it the Go-way. And especially since Gou wants to capture everything-and-anything and just how unique Ditto is, it's like a must-have. Also, I feel like TR are really out-of-character this series. With the way they tried to get Gengar and how they almost tried to kill people in the Sinnoh Episode. I'm surprised that there doesn't seem to be that much complaints about that. They are villains yes, but villains with a heart.

Last edited:
how they almost tried to kill people in the Sinnoh Episode. I'm surprised that there doesn't seem to be that much complaints about that. They are villains yes, but villains with a heart.
There were some complaints about how they were written in that episode, although they were ultimately chalked up to a new writer who does not yet understand Team Rocket's characters.

Also, I feel like TR are really out-of-character this series. With the way they tried to get Gengar and how they almost tried to kill people in the Sinnoh Episode. I'm surprised that there doesn't seem to be that much complaints about that. They are villains yes, but villains with a heart.
Personally I do not dare to express myself too much on this subject because I’m afraid to seem too critical in the eyes of the other fans who seem to appreciate them in this series ... perhaps because of the beautiful hints of rocketshipping, I’m glad of that too but... but me, personally, I do not feel more the pleasure that I felt watching them in “Sun and Moon” and I suffer immensely because of this... The last episode was a little bit better thanks to the development of Jessie (Musashi) but I think that James (Kojiro) who has always been my favorite character is terribly bland and the shadow of himself for the moment like in BW and the very first episodes of XY.. TT_TT Kojiro is really more and more put aside as a character...

I’m not so thrilled with episode these are more of side episodes that makes you wait for important episodes:(
I have noticed less battles then it used to be
In Kanto I think it has most battles for Ash

New summary and images can be found here

These screnshots never reveal anything special. If im not wrong the only thing they revealed us was when they showed Jessie and James having Tyranitar and Gyarados.

Reactions: Jez
Some new footage!
7CE42904-FD42-4486-A681-4ACB022DB812.jpeg
D44F23C1-CEA3-4396-9CB8-395244326B73.jpeg

68B56ACB-D943-4151-84C6-5842B64B5353.jpeg

8E9CA671-2354-42D5-9AE5-923A09BFE255.jpeg
59D58A0E-6FA3-46A1-9D7B-E3095562F21C.jpeg

Second and final preview of episode:

Jesus what happened to the days when at least 20 seconds of each final preview featured scenes from the actual upcoming episode? Now we're barely getting 7 seconds of anime footage and 23 seconds of live action crap that nobody cares about. :bulbaFacepalm:

At least we're seeing Gardevoir.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom