• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN019: I Am Metamon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of that episode, remembering that and seeing how the summaries are worded makes me curious; will Ditto turn into a human in this episode? I don’t think that’s ever happened with Ditto in the anime (not counting the photograph). I wouldn’t be surprised if they stick with the Pokémon-only style movie but with Musashi training it, I wonder... (not to mention, Detective Pikachu’s influence on Mr. Mime)

(I apologize if this seems really specific but I’m really curious on if they’d be willing to touch that aspect.)
Given all the references to *Detective Pikachu* made by Mr. Mime, I wouldn't be surprised if Ditto also referenced the movie by transforming into a human.

Looks more and more like the one Ditto Team Rocket are working with is a wild Pokemon.

Since it's not the owned Ditto shown in the preview since it pulled off Gardevoir just fine, which was not reflected with the Ditto trying to become a horrifying Wobbuffet (someone should feed that monstrosity), or Eevee

Would be weird if it was fine changing into Gardevoir but then suddenly failed everything else.

The preview makes this episode look to Ditto's Mysterious Mansion what the third episode was to Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden; a bootleg version that attempts to nostalgiabait by writers who don't understand what made the original episode good. I'm open to being pleasantly surprised, but the preview doesn't fill me with anticipation. Yuka Miyata has a track record with a few good episodes on it, so it might turn out good enough. Then again SS003 was written by Shōji Yonemura who also has a good track record, so we'll have to wait and see how it turns out.

I have my doubts now...

Ditto is such a bland Pokémon itself... It only serves for... you know... that.

Also he got an episode in the last saga, and also a Ditto who does not now how to tranform. That's been done.

Sorry I'm late to the party but... it's like I walked in and OMG SOMEONE IS THROWING A SURPRISE PARTY FOR ME!!! (And all the other Rocket fans of course.)

*insert all the emotions*

Ok but that Rocket themed title screen asdjwjwoewiojfoicmoiqwoicjwalgvhlwirgiagifehleIUEHUefihE

K that's all I have to say for now.

Why did the franchise grab onto that one Ditto episode from season 1? That transformation was meant to be imperfect and not how it's supposed to happen? Why have so many Ditto since then done exactly the same in different canons?

Why did the franchise grab onto that one Ditto episode from season 1? That transformation was meant to be imperfect and not how it's supposed to happen? Why have so many Ditto since then done exactly the same in different canons?
It got famous and nostalgic, and the trope of something-that-can-transform-into-you with a flaw is pretty popular.

I'd say TRio should get it if anyone does capture one. They’re the one doing the work with it, and Arceus knows they need a Pokémon of this own now.

However, if the Rocket Gang catch Ditto is pretty likely they send it to the hideout/headquarters (like it happened with Chewtle).

Being a fan of Team Rocket I should be super happy to finally see an episode dedicated to them, it is the case .... but ... ..... I absolutely did not find this preview catchy ... It’s a real disappointment for me. TT_TT I guess I don't really have to take a real value in the sad feeling I get from this preview, I still hope the episode surprises me...

I feel like this will be the first filler of the series (unless Go has a random capture a la Spearow or Skwovet) but Team Rocket fans will enjoy.

I feel like this will be the first filler of the series (unless Go has a random capture a la Spearow or Skwovet) but Team Rocket fans will enjoy.
Just because Gou makes a capture in any episode doesn't automatically get rid of the episode's filler status (especially if they're pretty much irrelevant, too quick and require no skill at all or have no development in the episode itself whatsoever), the 8th and 9th episodes are good examples of this.

For the record, these are the episodes I feel are filler or semi-fillers:
Semi-filler: 3, 7, 11, 14.
Filler: 8, 9.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom