• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN019: I Am Metamon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Summary and Staff List courtesy of Dephender on Serebii

The Rocket Gang have gone to a movie studio in order to promote the actress Musashi. There, they encounter a Metamon who's fallen into a slump after angering a director due to not being able to transform very well. The Metamon ends up running away from the studio and slipping into Musashi's bag without her noticing, ultimately ending up at the Rocket Gang's hideout. Musashi declares she's going to discipline Metamon into becoming a skilled actress. Meanwhile, Satoshi and Go have been searching for the missing Metamon.

Screenplay 宮田由佳 (Yuka Miyata)
Storyboard 尼野浩正 (Hiromasa Amano)
Episode Director 村田尚樹 (Naoki Murata)
Animation Director 酒井裕未 (Hiromi Sakai)
Animation Director 高木麻穂 (Maho Takagi)
Animation Director 新岡浩美 (Hiromi Niioka)
Animation Director 野村美妃 (Miki Nomura)

Not a fan of this episode, because James gets screwed over as usual.

I'm sick and tired of Jessie having Wobbuffet and yet she gets priority potential captures over James.

James deserves to have his OWN wobbuffet like Pokemon, and I'm sick that its not Ditto.

I hope Ditto isn't caught in this episode. It probably will, but I'm not here for putting Jessie on a pedestal that is James.

The TR fans from this forum are probably having a fangasm somewhere.
Well, aren't you right ;D We're throwing a big party right now! XD

And since the ep is a comeback of the actress Musashi and also airs on March 29th, it's totally meant to be a Megumi Hayashibara's bday ep :D

Btw, is there a way to see the orginal summary's scan in Japanese? I'd like to check something.

A Team Rocket episode! Awesome. However, I think the writers are a bit too comfortable leaving James with no Pokemon. They gotta do something about that.

*Episode title is released* Oh yay, a Ditto episode! This could be fun. I wonder if they’ll reference the “Ditto is a failed clone of Mew” theory.

*Summary is released* HOLY SH!T TEAM ROCKET EPISODE TEAM ROCKET EPISODE!! MUSASHI BONDING MUSASHI BONDING!!!

*Sees they’ll be going to HQ and we’ll probably be spending quite a bit of time there* Ooh yay, it’s been so long since we’ve been to HQ. I’m hoping we’ll get to see a lot more of it and what goes on. That’s always been something in my deepest fantasies!!!
Maybe we’ll get to see Musashi and Kojiro’s old Pokémon in storage like Habunake and Maiikaa.
Maybe an appearance from Yamato and Kosaburo.

Team Rocket having a Ditto? Didn't expect that.
I’m sorry but all I can think of when you said that is my sweet boy;
200px-Mondo_Ditto.png

Not a fan of this episode, because James gets screwed over as usual.

I'm sick and tired of Jessie having Wobbuffet and yet she gets priority potential captures over James.

James deserves to have his OWN wobbuffet like Pokemon, and I'm sick that its not Ditto.

I hope Ditto isn't caught in this episode. It probably will, but I'm not here for putting Jessie on a pedestal that is James.
1. Inkay

2. I mean, they’ve barely shown up in this series and when they have, they’ve mostly been manning a Gacha machine that don’t even stay past one episode. We don’t even know if they have Chewtle yet.

Plus knowing their luck with Ditto, there’s a high chance they might not get it, especially if they pull a “Three Jynx and a Baby” on us/Musashi from how they mention Satoshi and Gou will be going after them.

Musajiro already beat me to it but this episode might be for Megumi’s birthday which explains the focus on her and considering how upset the seiyuus have been about not being able to play their favs, I’m so happy for her! :D

Jessie's traits continuity and Rocket Hideout appearance...The TR fans from this forum are probably having a fangasm somewhere. And who could blame them, this looks kinda funny and creative.
My good friend and probably the #1 TR fan at this forum, @TRNatalie, certainly is. I can practically hear her squealing with happiness right now.
I wouldn't say I'm the #1 TR fan here but you are completely correct :D

1. Inkay

2. I mean, they’ve barely shown up in this series and when they have, they’ve mostly been manning a Gacha machine that don’t even stay past one episode. We don’t even know if they have Chewtle yet.

Plus knowing their luck with Ditto, there’s a high chance they might not get it, especially if they pull a “Three Jynx and a Baby” on us/Musashi from how they mention Satoshi and Gou will be going after them.

I fail to see your point. James hasn't had any of his Pokemon evolve since 2nd generation. Meanwhile Jessie had Wurmple evolving twice, Yanma quickly evolving, and Pumkaboo evolving as well. On top of that Jessie actually has a permanent team member in Wobbuffet. Inkay is irrelevant to me in that regard especially since Jessie had Wobbuffet, James getting Inkay was just making them even.

THAT being said, you are absolutely right about Chewtle, if Chewtle is James's Pokemon then I will let go of my dislike of Jessie potentially getting Ditto.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom