• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN019: I Am Metamon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
On one hand, this a rehashed plot we've seen before.

Yet on the other, it HAS been a long time, and TR with a Ditto sounds like it could be a hoot. And these movie/TV show episodes are almost always fun.

Reactions: Jez
Okay, this sounds like a fun episode! I'm not even a huge Team Rocket fan, but out of all the episodes announced today, this is actually one that I'm most excited for.

Honestly, I personally hope Team Rocket catches that Ditto! That sounds like it could be a lot of fun and bring some interesting scenarios in the future.

First of all YEESS

Second of all: Ash Go, F**k off this episode, stay there and shut up ITS OUR TIME

I really dont like Ditto all of his episodes in all the series involving this Pokémon are not good, maybe the best is the one of the first season but I only remember cause of the reverse Team Rocket motto.

You see this shows why Team Rocket are awesome characters , they are villains but they even care for Pokémon that are not there own, an aspect I have not seen yet.

Our princess of power wants to be an actress again... I love her. If you have shown Go (Really boring) past, you have to shown Why Jessie wants to be and actress so bad, our angels had the saddest past, An poor orphan, a rich boy which is unhappy with his life , and a cat with the heart broken, this is an interesting past, not that.

Happy Birthday Megumi, you deserve it (I love Haibara too BTW)

The more the weeks went by the more I lost hope of FINALLY see an episode focused on Team Rocket in this series. I woke up this morning wondering if I hadn't dreamed. In more, the summary is really promising. OMG!!!! Thank you Megumi !!! ❤️❤️❤️ I hope Kojiro will also have an episode about him

Considering Chewtle's absence in episode 16, it's safe to assume that Chewtle is currently at Team Rocket's hideout/headquarters, which means it will most likely appear/make a cameo/be mentioned in this episode (if it didn't already appear in episode 17/18, that is). At the very least, I hope the writers acknowledge its existence. Otherwise, it'll be a big hit towards Chewtle's chances of returning in future episodes/being added to the Rocket trio's party. While the idea of Giovanni permanently keeping the Chewtle is kinda funny to me, I don't think the TR fans here will just let it slide.

Did it even appear after the Galar episode? If it didn’t, the better assumption is just that they got rid of it.
Got rid of it... They pressumably presented it to Giovanni. It's their job to bring him all Pokémon. So when they finally have one and nobody is trying to stop them... Why not? In the best case scenario it's used by Giovanni or a TR Grunt/agent (like Yanma) or stored somewhere at HQ or with some of TR scientists and maybe we will see it ever again (or not). In the worst case Giovanni didn't need it/want it and it walked away just like Togepi in the OS.

Got rid of it... They pressumably presented it to Giovanni. It's their job to bring him all Pokémon. So when they finally have one and nobody is trying to stop them... Why not? In the best case scenario it's used by Giovanni or a TR Grunt/agent (like Yanma) or stored somewhere at HQ or with some of TR scientists and maybe we will see it ever again (or not). In the worst case Giovanni didn't need it/want it and it walked away just like Togepi in the OS.
The fact that it’s fate isn’t addressed drastically reduces the chance we'll ever see it in my opinion.

Did it even appear after the Galar episode?
Episode 16 was the first time the Rocket trio have appeared after their visit to Galar. Chewtle had no reason to appear in the previous two episodes since the trio were completely absent.
If it didn’t, the better assumption is just that they got rid of it.
Yeah, that's kinda what I meant when I said that Chewtle was left at TR headquarters. So far, we have no idea whether the writers intend to bring back Chewtle or not. The only thing we know right now is that the trio gave it to Giovanni.

Oh, yeah. I had completely forgotten about that obscure thing.
Sweet, TR episode!

It's been a long, long time since I've been reminded of Mondo.
To be fair, he appears in way more fanwork than he does in Pokémon. xD (Plus I headcanon that he takes care of Habunake and their other HQ’d Pokémon while they’re away at other regions so I think about him a lot.)

But in all seriousness, I love the cute TRio fanboy and I wish they’d let him actually be in an episode.

—-

I’ve been informed by a friend that the writer for this episode is the same person who wrote the Drampa episode from Sun and Moon, the same episode that gave us this gem
E71E0F5B-5FB7-465F-91CD-AB8020B37DDA.jpeg

so hopefully we’ll get some nice references in this episode. I’m certain we’re going to get a lot of good Rocket scenes.

I dont care if it's a Ditto

For the love of god Jessie catch that Pokémon ,it's not fair that they have a bond episode and she does not catch it. That never hapened with Team Rocket, only with Blissey and Growlithe but they have met previously.

Ash can befriend a Gengar and a Dragonite and she cannot catch a Ditto? That's unfair

This is the episode that will show us the direction Team Rocket is going in this series.

Do not disapoint us. We are in good hands since like @TRNatalie said this is the guy who wrote the Drampa episode and the best Gengar episode (The one where Team Rocket obtains the Z-ring, you know the ones where Team Rocket get possesed by the Gengar)

What was the point of that scene if they aren't going to bring it back? It even did a typical James gag.

Though IIRC Dreadnaw has showed up in some merch pics lately....

I thought of something: since it « ran away « and Jessie tries to « discipline « it, James maybe could bond with ditto? (*James ran away from his family because of the discipline)

Last edited:
I wonder if Chewtle will appear again and Ditto for Ash, Go, Jessie or James? I think it would work well with James.

Not a fan of Jessie commanding Chewtle (which I guess is likely a one off) and then having an episode about her here.

As I said when this episode was announced, I would've MUCH preferred a James' plot.

Will we finally got a "Metamon pretends to be human" plot? It took them more than 20 years to do something like that, while games and DePika movie already done.

Summary and Cast lists courtesy of Adamant

The Transform Pokémon "Metamon" is going to be in a movie! However, it's not all that good at transforming, which leads to the director getting mad at it. But then the evil "Rocket Gang" organization rises to the challenge of training it?!

Summary:
The evil "Rocket Gang" organization has gone to a movie set in order to get a movie role for its member Musashi. At the set, the director is angry at a "Metamon", a Pokémon that has a role in the movie: Metamon are supposed to be good at transforming, but it appears this Metamon isn't. The Metamon runs away from the movie set and, after an unexpected turn of events, ends up with the Rocket Gang, who decide to discipline it into becoming a skilled actress. Meanwhile, Satoshi and Go are searching for the missing Metamon...

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Megumi Hayashibara: Musashi
Shinichiro Miki: Kojiro
Inuko Inuyama: Nyarth
Yuji Ueda: Sonansu
Kei Shindo: Metamon
Masahiko Tanaka: Koreda
Risa Shimizu: Manager
Sayaka Senbongi: Boy