• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN020: Go Towards Your Dream! Satoshi and Go!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dare anyone to put a counter thaat counts how many times the word GO is going to be said.

Really anoying now I despise that word.

So Lugia again and thats it?

I looked at the title of the episode and was hoping that Ash and Go would part ways for a while. That way Ash can go to Galar, get to know the region better, and take part in that region's gym challenge. I guess that's wishful thinking.

Too late for that now.

7 animation directors in a single episode. The anime has fallen to the point where episodes are being given to interns. The series is beyond dead at this point

What are you on about. Interns need to work as well, how else are they gaining experience in this field of work if they cannot do the work.

7 animation directors in a single episode. The anime has fallen to the point where episodes are being given to interns. The series is beyond dead at this point

I can't tell what you hate more, reality or this series.

As I guy who worked in animation in the past, a large list of animators has two usual reasons: difficulty animating or production fell behind schedule.

Stop being delusional about the industry and interns.

Damn what do you have against animators earning their paycheck?

I have nothing against the series having interns. I do, however, have a problem with 7 interns being credited over a single episode. Do you realise how bad that looks? It tells us that the episode had to either be salvaged or they ran out of budget. Either way, you should not have that many directors working on a single episode. Also, given the fact that this will be the ash and go reiterate their dreams episode it does point out that the episode was likely a mess that had to be salvaged.

I have nothing against the series having interns. I do, however, have a problem with 7 interns being credited over a single episode.
Interns would imply that they had no position of authority when animating and had little experience.

Toshiko Nakaya has animated science the BW days.
Taki Yatagi has been here since SM, working on SM028 which is the baseball episode.
Toshihito Hirooka has worked as far back as the OS.
Saki Ebisawa worked since XY
Satoshi Nakano and Akira Takeuchi since DP

And those were from a Google search on their Pokemon stuff.

Do you realise how bad that looks? It tells us that the episode had to either be salvaged or they ran out of budget. Either way, you should not have that many directors working on a single episode.
You don't throw more people at a project when you run out of budget. In fact, the project stalls and is floating like a ship without engines. Also, it is not always true that episodes need to be "salvaged" in order to necessitate many directors. One of them, as I listed, is about the complexity of the animation or the need to get back on schedule. I remember a former colleague who worked on a project and needed to call more animators because the building lost power completely.

Hasn't there been widespread delays across the anime industry lately? Apparently due to the coronavirus in China, a lot of outsourced work has to be put on hiatus. Does any of the anime production from OLM come from China? Maybe they need more animation directors for this episode because some of the anime production has been disrupted.

Hasn't there been widespread delays across the anime industry lately? Apparently due to the coronavirus in China, a lot of outsourced work has to be put on hiatus. Does any of the anime production from OLM come from China? Maybe they need more animation directors for this episode because some of the anime production has been disrupted.
Not sure how bad it is, but I know one anime I'm watching - Toaru no Railgun T has been delayed several times because of the virus. Had 1 week delay for episode 7, and now a 2 week delay for episode 8.

Summary and Cast lists courtesy of Adamant

As they guide the children through a "Pokémon Orienteering" event, Satoshi and Go bot h reaffirm their dreams via battling and getting Pokémon. And then Lugia appears?!

Summary:
There's a "Pokémon Orienteering" event being held at the Sakuragi Laboratories, where you'll pass by various spots as you search for Pokémon! Satoshi and Go have been given the task of serving as the leaders that guide the small children around. The children are divided up into teams and set off! Satoshi gets really focused on the Pokémon battle part of the event, while Go gets really focused on getting them, and both of them reaffirm what their dreams are. And then, believe it or not, the legendary Pokémon "Luiga" shows up?! Satoshi and the others get really excited, but...

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Kana Hanazawa: Koharu
Yuichi Nakamura: Professor Sakuragi
Megumi Hayashibara: Musashi
Shinichiro Miki: Kojiro
Inuko Inuyama: Nyarth
Yuji Ueda: Sonansu
Koichi Yamadera: Mew
Kenta Miyake: Airmd
Risa Shimizu: Junsa
Sayaka Senbongi: Kikuna
Noriaki Kanze: Renji
Chihiro Ueda: Sota
Yuko Natsuyoshi: Boy
Marina Aicholtz: Go's Smartphone Rotom
Maxwell Powers: Drone Rotom
Kenyu Horiuchi: Narration
Kei Shindo: Girl
Mariko Nagai: Girl

Summary and Cast lists courtesy of Adamant

As they guide the children through a "Pokémon Orienteering" event, Satoshi and Go bot h reaffirm their dreams via battling and getting Pokémon. And then Lugia appears?!

Summary:
There's a "Pokémon Orienteering" event being held at the Sakuragi Laboratories, where you'll pass by various spots as you search for Pokémon! Satoshi and Go have been given the task of serving as the leaders that guide the small children around. The children are divided up into teams and set off! Satoshi gets really focused on the Pokémon battle part of the event, while Go gets really focused on getting them, and both of them reaffirm what their dreams are. And then, believe it or not, the legendary Pokémon "Luiga" shows up?! Satoshi and the others get really excited, but...

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Kana Hanazawa: Koharu
Yuichi Nakamura: Professor Sakuragi
Megumi Hayashibara: Musashi
Shinichiro Miki: Kojiro
Inuko Inuyama: Nyarth
Yuji Ueda: Sonansu
Koichi Yamadera: Mew
Kenta Miyake: Airmd
Risa Shimizu: Junsa
Sayaka Senbongi: Kikuna
Noriaki Kanze: Renji
Chihiro Ueda: Sota
Yuko Natsuyoshi: Boy
Marina Aicholtz: Go's Smartphone Rotom
Maxwell Powers: Drone Rotom
Kenyu Horiuchi: Narration
Kei Shindo: Girl
Mariko Nagai: Girl
A Skarmory? I think Go will catch it.

Maybe since this is your typical "Hey remember what we are doing" maybe Mew it's just a flashblack.

Also Rockets are here

Yaay I guess...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom