• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN020: Go Towards Your Dream! Satoshi and Go!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course, I forgot to add that there might be challenge restrictions that only enable you to battle people in your own Class. Of course, even if Ash challenged the #7 guy right away, chances are he'll be destroyed. Even if Ash managed to beat them, I doubt Ash would suddenly jump to #7 himself.

Looking back at SS018:
Before the battle, Visquez was 2109th while Ash was basically 10000th
After the battle, Ash jumped to 3763th while we don't know how much Visquez dropped by

Based on this, Ash wouldn't jump all the way to the higher ranked trainer's ranking

Of course, I forgot to add that there might be challenge restrictions that only enable you to battle people in your own Class. Of course, even if Ash challenged the #7 guy right away, chances are he'll be destroyed. Even if Ash managed to beat them, I doubt Ash would suddenly jump to #7 himself.

...Let's be honest, perhaps even more than in Dragon Ball: Power Levels are B.S and unreliable. I mean even Ash P.L (not Intelligence, but P.L) fluctuates wildly.

I like the other aspects of the episode, but I will not describe an episode as "having a variety of Pokémon" if it is just Kanto. We're seeing the same selection of wildlife since Episode 1, give us Pokémon diversity. Galar barely had Galar Pokémon.

If Gou catches a Meowth I might duck out of the forums because I fear a meltdown.

...Let's be honest, perhaps even more than in Dragon Ball: Power Levels are B.S and unreliable. I mean even Ash P.L (not Intelligence, but P.L) fluctuates wildly.
I remember there was actually a game site with an entire news update about how in SuMo he was having trouble lifting something small that was clearly much lighter than the gigantic tree he threw in AG.

Kinda got mixed feelings on this episode. On one hand, it's nice that this is gonna be more than just a clip show, that Ash is actively pursuing his goal and that he's even battling against a Meganium, of all things (haven't seen one of these in forever), and it's nice to see Koharu's little brother make an appearance. And color me surprised, they actually remembered that wild Meowth walk on all fours in the anime.

But, on the other hand, do we really need an entire episode that's dedicated towards Ash and Go reaffirming their goals? Isn't the fact that every episode starts off with the narator reminding us what their goals are enough? And did they really need to squeeze Lugia in there? Did it really have to appear so soon? Didn't we already have an overabundance of Legendaries/Mythicals just last series?

I don't know, right now this episode just feels very... unnecessary.

Gosh this episode looks boring. I never expected a clip show because that would've been ten times as bad, but I also wasn't expecting what was shown in the preview. I guess I thought that we'd see different terrains outside of the city but this whole episode seems to take place in the most boring place imaginable. At least there's a Persian and group of wild Meowth appearing but I can already tell that that'll be the controversy of the week around here...

Between the orienteering, Ash apparently having a PWC battle, Gou potentially making new captures, Team Rocket appearing, Lugia appearing...it looks like there's a lot going on in this episode. Honestly kind of makes me nervous. It seems like it could be interesting, but I just don't know how well it will be executed.

Kinda got mixed feelings on this episode. On one hand, it's nice that this is gonna be more than just a clip show, that Ash is actively pursuing his goal and that he's even battling against a Meganium, of all things (haven't seen one of these in forever), and it's nice to see Koharu's little brother make an appearance. And color me surprised, they actually remembered that wild Meowth walk on all fours in the anime.

But, on the other hand, do we really need an entire episode that's dedicated towards Ash and Go reaffirming their goals? Isn't the fact that every episode starts off with the narator reminding us what their goals are enough? And did they really need to squeeze Lugia in there? Did it really have to appear so soon? Didn't we already have an overabundance of Legendaries/Mythicals just last series?

I don't know, right now this episode just feels very... unnecessary.
Perhaps the episode isn't so much about them reaffirming their goals, as it is just them making major headways into it.

I find the Lugia Part intriguing. The Saturday Summary put it in quotations. Maybe it is Mew Transformed :unsure: Maybe there was no Lugia in the Anime after all and even the one in Episode 2 was Mew Transformed :lapras:(I wouldn't mind that anyway since having Lugia in that spot just gives the Middle Finger to Ho-ho-oh, mew at least has something to do with Gou) I'm getting more into the Anime these past two weeks, hopefully this episode won't stop that.

Oh wow, there will be a PWC battle in this episode? I guess it'll be a 1 vs 1 and quick? and a Go mini-spree of catching mons could happen.

Perhaps the episode isn't so much about them reaffirming their goals, as it is just them making major headways into it.

Yeaaaah, not sure about that. Go has been catching Pokémon almost every episode now, so him catching some Kanto Pokémon here wouldn't be a "major headway" (not to mention that him catching Pokémon in general is completely unrelated to his actual goal, which is to catch Mew). As for Ash... I guess it depends on how high his rank's gonna get from winning the battle. But, based on the magazine scan for the next episode saying that Ash is "still lacking in skill", I don't expect him to jump to the next class or something like that.

Anybody believed is the same Lugia that Ash and Go had ride in Episode Two?

I like the other aspects of the episode, but I will not describe an episode as "having a variety of Pokémon" if it is just Kanto. We're seeing the same selection of wildlife since Episode 1, give us Pokémon diversity. Galar barely had Galar Pokémon.
An odd complaint about an episode featuring Meganium, Skarmory and Lugia.

Like others I don't understand about why this episode exists, but I'm happy that we're seeing a non-TR Kanto Meowth for the first time in AGes. It would be interesting if Go catches one, as it would mean more friction between TR and the duo (which many found lacking in SM) and setting up for a potential episode where TR Meowth infiltrates the lab pretending to be Go's Meowth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom