• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN020: Go Towards Your Dream! Satoshi and Go!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phew, it's definitely not a clipshow.

I wonder if some of the kids here could become recurring characters, to make up for the lack of non-protagonist classmates in SM. Not that I want it as it would mean more Kanto focus.

I wouldn't be surprised to see new versions of the opening and ending, as new anime usually debut during that week.

It sees that the Pokemon Team Rocket wiluse will be Skarmory and ¿Crobat?

Nice to see Meganium being animated after a long time! I noticed that Souta is also participating alongside other kids, I hope him and Koharu get some nice interactions! It would be nice to see family members making regular appearances every now and then similar to SM.

In this episode go’s possible catches are growlithe persian meowth nidoran Pidgey ,not rattata as it was already caught What will he catch ? Maybe multiple. I think Odish is pretty much confirmed

In this episode go’s possible catches are growlithe persian meowth nidoran Pidgey ,not rattata as it was already caught What will he catch ? Maybe multiple. I think Odish is pretty much confirmed

I think the Growlithe preview is from Jenny. Maybe he'll take Pidgey and both Nidoran

Wait, how is Ash having a spontaneous PWC battle? I guess they just summon a Rotom drone to record the results or something?

You know, the implications of this is kind of unnerving, what with all these Rotom drones just flying around ready to referee PWC matches at any given moment...

Wait, how is Ash having a spontaneous PWC battle? I guess they just summon a Drone Rotom to record the results or something?
My guess is that PWC participants can find each other almost anywhere through the phone and spontaneously challenge other people, though for it to be an official PWC match, both parties need to confirm to their phones that they're willing to battle. At which point, I guess a drone is dispatched to officiate the battle, so in this case it seems like Ash is the one 'defending' against the other lower ranked trainer. I really would have preferred if Dragonite was the one battling, Pikachu has been used far too much.

I doubt they'll be showing the full battle and I'm not sure if I would want to see it anyway considering the boatload of animation directors on board.

Last edited:
My guess is that PWC participants can find each other almost anywhere through the phone and spontaneously challenge other people, though for it to be an official PWC match, both parties need to confirm to their phones that they're willing to battle. At which point, I guess a drone is dispatched to officiate the battle, so in this case it seems like Ash is the one 'defending' against the other lower ranked trainer. I really would have preferred if Dragonite was the one battling, Pikachu has been used far too much.

I hope there is something in it for the higher ranking trainer; maybe an underlying point system where points are gained/loss but not shown, so when higher ranking trainers win, they still go up a bit in ranking.

Otherwise, there is no incentive for higher ranking trainers to accept battles...

I hope there is something in it for the higher ranking trainer; maybe an underlying point system where points are gained/loss but not shown, so when higher ranking trainers win, they still go up a bit in ranking.

Otherwise, there is no incentive for higher ranking trainers to accept battles...
I'm pretty sure rank increase/decrease is based on a lot of factors and not just challenging higher ranked trainers:

1 - Win/Loss = Rank increase/decrease respectively, the number of places gained/lost would factor in the next few points.
2 - Opponents rank, beating higher ranked opponents means more places gained, losing against lower ranked means larger placement drop (Visquez).
3 - How the battle went would also most likely factor in, exciting battles and clever strategies would get more places for winning and less ranks dropped for losing.

So yeah, I assume that every person would want to take every chance of increasing their ranking even if it's by a small amount due to defeating a lower ranked trainer. If higher ranked trainers didn't accept battles against lower ranked ones, I assume their rank would eventually drop due to getting displaced by other people and non-participation.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure rank increase/decrease is based on a lot of factors and not just challenging higher ranked trainers:

1 - Win/Loss = Rank increase/decrease respectively, the number of places gained would factor in the next few points.
2 - Opponents rank, beating higher ranked opponents means more places gained, losing against lower ranked means larger placement drop (Visquez).
3 - How the battle went would also most likely factor in, exciting battles and clever strategies would get more places for winning and less ranks dropped for losing.

So yeah, I assume that every person would want to take every chance of increasing their ranking even if it's by a small amount due to defeating a lower ranked trainer. If higher ranked trainers didn't accept battles against lower ranked ones, I assume their rank would eventually drop due to getting displaced by other people and non-participation.

There might be a case that Ash can't go right away to fight the top 7th person, but that's sounding about right there.

There might be a case that Ash can't go right away to fight the top 7th person, but that's sounding about right there.
Of course, I forgot to add that there might be challenge restrictions that only enable you to battle people in your own Class. Of course, even if Ash challenged the #7 guy right away, chances are he'll be destroyed. Even if Ash managed to beat them, I doubt Ash would suddenly jump to #7 himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom