• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN021: Convey the Wave Guidance! Satoshi and the Mysterious Egg!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
People wanted Ash to catch a non Gen 1 mon. Not quite catching is hatching, but hope they are pleased.

Personally I think the quality has gone up on this series (As in 2019 PKM) in the last 10 episodes or so: Dragonite being around the turning point. The Ash mons could use more time to themselves sure, but it is better than how it started. We can agree there right?

I was just saying that you guys are jumping to conclusions by saying that Sobble is going to Ash even though nothing implies that.
Please feel free to quote anyone who said Ash will get Sobble; because no one said that.

Everyone is just highlighting that there’s a possibility that Ash might get it.

We’re not fortune tellers who speak definitively of the future.

nothing implies that” is clearly false since we’ve posted things which imply that. It isn’t 100% true that Ash will get Sobble, but it is definitely implied.

(I didn’t read any of the other posts, so if I restated anything anyone else said, it wasn’t intentional.)

I think that the egg will hatch into a Riolu. The Japanese characters for “wave” actually mean “aura”, and Riolu and Lucario are aura-using Pokémon. Therefore, it makes sense for Riolu to be in the egg. :wynaut:

Are the writers just going to give Ash fan favorites? Seems like what is going on with his current team.

tbh, this episode title is kinda baity if you don't know Japanese.

I feel like any hardcore English speaking Pokemon fan would still understand what the title is referring to since the term 'wave guidance' is well known in our fandom to be related to Riolu/Lucario. And let's be honest, the majority of fans who keep up with Japanese episode information are 'hardcore fans' to start with.

Btw where's Cynthia? Wasn't I told yesterday that she'd appear here and give Ash the Riolu egg? Hmm?
vQaDoYD.gif

Last edited:
I also don't think Ash is getting a Galar starter. Common sense dictates Ash would have got one around the time Gou got Scorbunny, but instead he ended up getting two fully evolved mons. It would be really unconventional for Ash to receive a starter Pokemon at this point in the series. It's called a "starter" for a reason; you're supposed to get it at the start. Sure, Ash receiving a baby Pokemon weakens my argument, but this isn't just any baby Pokemon. This thing's going to turn into a real power-house (sooner rather than later based on Lucario promotion we've seen), so I think it's an exception. On the other hand, now that Scorbunny has evolved, there's conveniently an empty cute-mascot slot open for Gou. Koharu can have the other one (it's pretty obvious she'll soon develop interest in Pokemon training and probably travel with the boys occasionally) or Gou might get both. I just think there's an obvious theme developing with Ash's team and a Galar starter now would come right out of left field. Maybe I'm wrong.

It would be really unconventional for Ash to receive a starter Pokemon at this point in the series.
It was also unconventional for Go's starter to evolve, and Ash getting two fully evolved pokemon out of the bat, he’s also getting a baby Pokémon. So Ash could easily get to Sobble that might evolve quickly/is capable of holding its own similar to Snivy.
We really have no way of predicting how Ash's team would go on, the all Kanto team has been debunked, Riolu is a baby Pokémon and Sobble might also evolve quickly to take on a powerhouse role.

I find jumping to "Ash won’t get a Galar starter" pretty extreme at this stage, specially since we’ve started getting Sobble promotion.

I also don't think Ash is getting a Galar starter. Common sense dictates Ash would have got one around the time Gou got Scorbunny, but instead he ended up getting two fully evolved mons. It would be really unconventional for Ash to receive a starter Pokemon at this point in the series. It's called a "starter" for a reason; you're supposed to get it at the start. Sure, Ash receiving a baby Pokemon weakens my argument, but this isn't just any baby Pokemon. This thing's going to turn into a real power-house (sooner rather than later based on Lucario promotion we've seen), so I think it's an exception. On the other hand, now that Scorbunny has evolved, there's conveniently an empty cute-mascot slot open for Gou. Koharu can have the other one (it's pretty obvious she'll soon develop interest in Pokemon training and probably travel with the boys occasionally) or Gou might get both. I just think there's an obvious theme developing with Ash's team and a Galar starter now would come right out of left field. Maybe I'm wrong.
Are we forgetting he's also raising a baby pokemon? What's stopping him from getting a starter with that in mind?

I'm not someone who was always frustrated Ash never had a Riolu/Lucario, but I also wouldn't have ever minded it, so I'm fine with this development. I am someone who loves it when Ash has an egg/baby Pokemon to care for though, so that aspect makes me super happy and excited!

I would love it if we did actually get some references to Ash having stronger aura, however. I always liked that story angle.

I'm not someone who was always frustrated Ash never had a Riolu/Lucario, but I also wouldn't have ever minded it, so I'm fine with this development. I am someone who loves it when Ash has an egg/baby Pokemon to care for though, so that aspect makes me super happy and excited!

I would love it if we did actually get some references to Ash having stronger aura, however. I always liked that story angle.
I doubt the anime would go this route, but it would be cool if Ash met Riley again. Both Ash and Riolu/Lucario could both train their aura, which could lead to some unique battle tactics/situations.

Ash & Riolu finally after all these years! Yay! (y)

It could either way Ash getting a starter, if he does not obtain Grookey or Sobble it'll be the first series he doesn't catch a starter.

I decided to do a bit of reading.
Since both Dragonite and Gengar had references to their Pokédex entries in their capture episodes (Dragonite rescuing people lost at sea, Gengar laying curses on people) I brushed up on Riolu's dex entries to see if I spot anything that might come up here or in the near future.
There are a few recurring elements that could be used in an interesting way; it's ability to sense emotion, it's ability to communicate with others using Aura (Ultra Moon's dex seems to suggest only other Riolu but earlier games didn't specify), and that's it's got great stamina.

I could actually see the egg hatching early on and Riolu running off playfully and Ash needs to catch up to it, but I also wonder if Ash hearing Lugia and "feeling something coming" on the plane in 2 and 12 when Gou couldn't are being used to introduce new viewers to the idea of him being aura-sensitive to give him a connection with his Riolu. Maybe that's even why he's given Riolu? There has to be a reason he's given this egg to take care of.

I could actually see the egg hatching early on and Riolu running off playfully and Ash needs to catch up to it, but I also wonder if Ash hearing Lugia and "feeling something coming" on the plane in 2 and 12 when Gou couldn't are being used to introduce new viewers to the idea of him being aura-sensitive to give him a connection with his Riolu. Maybe that's even why he's given Riolu? There has to be a reason he's given this egg to take care of.
There's also the part where Ash is looking off into nowhere in particular during the episode Ash catches Gengar, Gou looks back at Ash, and Ash says "Oh it's nothing". Feel like Ash maybe knew something was going to happen before it happened, or could tell where Gengar was or something(?). I feel like that may also be a nod towards him being aura sensitive

I decided to do a bit of reading.
Since both Dragonite and Gengar had references to their Pokédex entries in their capture episodes (Dragonite rescuing people lost at sea, Gengar laying curses on people) I brushed up on Riolu's dex entries to see if I spot anything that might come up here or in the near future.
There are a few recurring elements that could be used in an interesting way; it's ability to sense emotion, it's ability to communicate with others using Aura (Ultra Moon's dex seems to suggest only other Riolu but earlier games didn't specify), and that's it's got great stamina.

Given that association between Aura Guardians and Lucario from the movie, one could say Ash (an untrained individual who has Aura abilities) is the best equivalent to a Riolu we've got right now. I'd say that dex entry can hold!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom