• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN021: Convey the Wave Guidance! Satoshi and the Mysterious Egg!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the magazine giving a bunch of "options" of baby Pokemon and the Galarian starters, I wonder if the Riolu Egg is just one of a set of Eggs delivered by Professor Elm or something. I think Professor Sukaragi is someone what wants to learn "everything" about Pokemon, so he doesn't have a focus like most of the regional professors do.

I can see Professor Sukaragi receiving a shipment of Eggs from Elm and he allows Ash and Gou to each care for one. Ash either chooses the Riolu Egg through chance or he "felt" something about it that stood out from the rest.

With the magazine giving a bunch of "options" of baby Pokemon and the Galarian starters, I wonder if the Riolu Egg is just one of a set of Eggs delivered by Professor Elm or something. I think Professor Sukaragi is someone what wants to learn "everything" about Pokemon, so he doesn't have a focus like most of the regional professors do.

I can see Professor Sukaragi receiving a shipment of Eggs from Elm and he allows Ash and Gou to each care for one. Ash either chooses the Riolu Egg through chance or he "felt" something about it that stood out from the rest.
Yeah, I suspect there's going to be a bunch of eggs because of that group of baby Pokémon in some merchandise connected to the anime revealed a bit back.

So has nobody realised that one of the Pokemon next to Pikachu, Dragonite and Gengar is a Munchlax
Are people forgetting that he already has a Snorlax

Either way I like the other Pokemon, the Tyrouge is going to be a interesting one I wonder which of it evolutions it will evolve into
Hitmontop is personally the one that fits Ash the best

So has nobody realised that one of the Pokemon next to Pikachu, Dragonite and Gengar is a Munchlax

Either way I like the other Pokemon, the Tyrouge is going to be a interesting one I wonder which of it evolutions it will evolve into
Those are just possibilities. The episode title makes it pretty much 100% sure it's going to be Riolu.

I think you missed the translation of that scan; the magazine said that Ash's egg is going to hatch into one of those Pokémon; he's not going to get them all.
Edit: Ninja'd.

I think you missed the translation of that scan; the magazine said that Ash's egg is going to hatch into one of those Pokémon; he's not going to get them all.
Edit: Ninja'd.
Ah I clearly misunderstood
I would like him to get a Hitmontop though

I feel like hitmonlee is better.

Summary and Cast lists courtesy of Adamant

Satoshi and Go come across a mysterious egg. Apparently the egg has been passed around from place to place without any Pokémon ever hatching from it no matter what. But when Satoshi ends up looking after it...

Summary:
Pokémon eggs still hold many mysteries. Go is really interested in them, having never seen one before, and he and Satoshi immediately go searching for one, but they're not that easy to find. But while they're searching, they come across a mysterious egg at the Pokémon Center. Apparently the egg has been passed around from place to place without any Pokémon ever hatching from it no matter what. The Joy at the Pokémon Center decides to entrust the egg to Satoshi to have him look after it. Will the Pokémon inside hatch without any further issues arising?

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Megumi Hayashibara: Rabbifoot
Kana Hanazawa: Koharu
Yuichi Nakamura: Professor Sakuragi
Inuko Inuyama: Wanpachi
Kenta Miyake: Kairyu
Kei Shindo: Joy
Yasuhiro Mamiya: Hashiba
Sayaka Senbongi: Kikuna
Noariaki Kanze: Renji
Marina Aicholtz: Go's Smartphone Rotom
Maxwell Powers: Drone Rotom
Kenyu Horiuchi: Narration

Summary and Cast lists courtesy of Adamant

Satoshi and Go come across a mysterious egg. Apparently the egg has been passed around from place to place without any Pokémon ever hatching from it no matter what. But when Satoshi ends up looking after it...

Summary:
Pokémon eggs still hold many mysteries. Go is really interested in them, having never seen one before, and he and Satoshi immediately go searching for one, but they're not that easy to find. But while they're searching, they come across a mysterious egg at the Pokémon Center. Apparently the egg has been passed around from place to place without any Pokémon ever hatching from it no matter what. The Joy at the Pokémon Center decides to entrust the egg to Satoshi to have him look after it. Will the Pokémon inside hatch without any further issues arising?
Yup. Seems like Riolu will only hatch in the presence of a certain kind of Aura, which Ash happens to have.

I just noticed this:

Go is really interested in them, having never seen one before

The Joy at the Pokémon Center decides to entrust the egg to Satoshi
Awkward.

Gou: "Wow, I've never seen a Pokémon egg before!"
Joy: "Oh? Well, here you go young man!" *hands egg to Ash*
Gou face faults.

It makes sense from the view that Ash has hatched eggs in the past but I doubt that'll be referenced.

Do we know who wrote this episode? I can't find the staff list but I thought we usually had it by now.

Given how affectionate it is, I can see Dragonite being a doting parent/older sibling to Riolu!

That would be nice, I loved the sibling relationship between Hawlucha and Noibat/Noivern

Do we know who wrote this episode? I can't find the staff list but I thought we usually had it by now.

I'm wondering that myself, I'm checking Serebii for updates, even asked Dephender to PM me in case I miss it

Gou face faults.
Since many people have been unsuccessful in hatching an egg, it makes sense to give it to an experienced trainer instead of a newbie. And Ash is pretty well known as an experienced trainer around Vermillion.

Since many people have been unsuccessful in hatching an egg, it makes sense to give it to an experienced trainer instead of a newbie.
I agree, but I feel a bit bad for Gou getting interested in eggs then his friend gets the one they find.

We'll see why Ash gets the egg when the episodes airs, there are plenty of easy explanations. Maybe Gou is offered it but is worried he wouldn't know how to handle it, maybe the egg "reacts" to Ash's presence somehow, maybe he mentions that he's hatched eggs in the past.

I just noticed this:

Awkward.

Gou face faults.

It makes sense from the view that Ash has hatched eggs in the past but I doubt that'll be referenced.

I'm willing to bet that the Egg did "something" in Ash's presence to convince the Nurse Joy to give it to him. If it's an Egg multiple people have failed trying to hatch and it makes a response for once, she'd give it to him in a heartbeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom